300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully I'll get a phone call soon to do
    the interview. Passed the written last Monday. Here's to waiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
      Well, I didn't want to retire from the military just yet. I will be continuing the rest of my service in the reserve component. This is the reason I would like to make the switch now and don't have to rely on the waiver. I'm meeting the same requirements just like everyone else that applied for the announcement.

I'm actually in better shape than I was when I was in my twenties, I just went to Ft. Benning, GA. in February to complete my Air Assault course. It's a great course, kinda reminded me of my early years in Marine Corps. If you continue to exercise and eat healthy, then you are just a seasoned veteran.

When is your seperation date from active?

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
        Hey,
        Just a little update, I was one of the first in this group to receive their COE. And One of the first to be found unqualified. I wanted to wait to se how it all played out,first. I received some heart breaking news early this week,right before my Medical and Drug exam. I was told that, since I failed a Polygraph with another agency I would not moving forward. To say the least i was devastated. I waited 5 years after I passed before, because of a budget issue.
        To hear this, something that was never stated anywhere along the hiring process. I am waiting to hear or receive something official. Trying to look at this positive,but it hard after being so patient and all the hard work. I am hoping this can be overturn or exception. Since is the first year of polys. Or some sort of appeals process. Like many,but not all have applied to multiple agencies, did not pass the poly. Is everyone going to be held to the same standard. But I do wish everyone much success in this process or anything else you might be involved. Good Luck and God bless.

Can I PM you?

Comment

• Yes sure,

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Comment

• anyone from the 2nd announcement have their dashboard move yet?

Comment

• Anyone know how the SV pay band works?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                Anyone know how the SV pay band works?
                i have a similar question. I just want to know if the pay band listed in the announcement was just the base or did it include the locality.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1337_SA View Post
                  i have a similar question. I just want to know if the pay band listed in the announcement was just the base or did it include the locality.
                  The starting pay band (I believe it was SV-G) is equivalent to the GS-9 scale. You can find the GS pay tables with cost of living adjustments for the cities listed at opm.gov. Also, remember after training is complete you get LEAP pay which means multiply that number by 1.25 to get your salary before OT, per diem, etc.

Not sure how FAMS work, but at other agencies if you're a fed employee on the GS scale higher than the starting band (i.e. GS-11/GS-12) you'll get bumped down the a GS-9 step 10 equivalent (in the FAMS scenario).

Hope that helps. Also, I could be entirely wrong so feel free to correct me if I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by OHguy View Post
                    The starting pay band (I believe it was SV-G) is equivalent to the GS-9 scale. You can find the GS pay tables with cost of living adjustments for the cities listed at opm.gov. Also, remember after training is complete you get LEAP pay which means multiply that number by 1.25 to get your salary before OT, per diem, etc.

Not sure how FAMS work, but at other agencies if you're a fed employee on the GS scale higher than the starting band (i.e. GS-11/GS-12) you'll get bumped down the a GS-9 step 10 equivalent (in the FAMS scenario).

Hope that helps. Also, I could be entirely wrong so feel free to correct me if I am.

It's confusing because on some announcements you see to qualify for SV-G you only have to have one year as a GS-4. I don't see how you can jump from a GS-4 to a GS-9 unless you have a masters degree.

Comment

• The pay is very nice. Doesn't matter how and why but they pay very well. Let's concentrate on actually being offered the gig first lol The anticipation is leading many of us to losing hair from the stress lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                        Anyone know how the SV pay band works?
                        Pay Banding is based on a "pay for performance" scale. Most folks will start at the Lower to middle of G as new FAMs.

I believe the wait period between bands has changed to longer times. You get your H then your I. Then it stops. Some folks in each office will yearly or bi-yearly get IPIs (2-3% increases) aka "paid for performance." These bumps are not guaranteed.

As I always say, FAMS is a great place to work if your ok with just flying, which a ton of folks are. Go travel the world, sTay outta trouble, get your $$$$, get your education, and enjoy the hotel points and amenities. Tons of free vacation days to be earned. Take it for what it is, don't make it any more than what the job is, that's how folks have issues.

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10168 users online. 485 members and 9683 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X