Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
      12 year marine. I've done various things from aircraft and vehicle maintenance to diplomatic security.
      Rah MSG

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Thats right. Marine Corps best kept secret. If you were one, where were you posted and when?
            Kathmandu baby!

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Anyone knows if there will be more openings?

I was away when the DC office one came up and missed it.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Im pretty sure they do waivers for military service past 37 years of age. If anyone knows for sure, feel free to chime in. I just dont know if i'd want to skip out on an immediate pension and other benefits for somthing i may more than likely have a chance of getting into after retirement anyhow. You're never too young for thst. I recommend looking into that futher for your own sake.

As for me, id really like to get into federal law enforcement for two reasons. Interest, and continued federal service toward retirement.
                        I have heard it explained by some that it has to be waived at every agency and by others that it doesn't have to be waived and that the case isabella vs merit systems protection board was an individual ruling that just set a precedent for other veterans to use for their own individual claim.

I know that DHS/CBP specifically states it in their hiring announcement that they waive it for vets. Its better to try for agencies like that. Because agencies that don't want to deal with it just have to come up with some other reason for not hiring you and they don't have to say it was because of your age.

Here are some resources if you want to read about it.

http://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/...al-jobs/27257/

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...f=76&t=1524275

http://www.fedsmith.com/2009/10/21/v...-wins-at-mspb/

http://elips.doi.gov/elips/0/doc/3807/Page1.aspx

http://www.tullylegal.com/press-rele...-federal-jobs/

And another officer.com post discussing it http://forums.officer.com/t129001/

Like Bearcat said in response to that officer.com posting just because a rule exists doesn't mean everyone is going to follow it. And with the black hole that the hiring process is sometimes there is no way to know exactly why they disqualified you unless they actually come out and say its because of the age limit. The clearance example that Bearcat mentioned is a perfect example. Annoys me every time I'm up for renewal....

Good luck!

Comment

Im pretty sure they do waivers for military service past 37 years of age.
                          FAMS DO NOT DO a Vet Waiver. Clearly states that in the last (2) Annoucements.......

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Hey,
                                Just a little update, I was one of the first in this group to receive their COE. And One of the first to be found unqualified. I wanted to wait to se how it all played out,first. I received some heart breaking news early this week,right before my Medical and Drug exam. I was told that, since I failed a Polygraph with another agency I would not moving forward. To say the least i was devastated. I waited 5 years after I passed before, because of a budget issue.
                                To hear this, something that was never stated anywhere along the hiring process. I am waiting to hear or receive something official. Trying to look at this positive,but it hard after being so patient and all the hard work. I am hoping this can be overturn or exception. Since is the first year of polys. Or some sort of appeals process. Like many,but not all have applied to multiple agencies, did not pass the poly. Is everyone going to be held to the same standard. But I do wish everyone much success in this process or anything else you might be involved. Good Luck and God bless.
                                Last edited by handsom4life; 05-06-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10171 users online. 503 members and 9668 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X