Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's cool how the Screeners have an in for the FAMS job, what's not cool is that fams can't move over to fill some of the open jobs at TSA for a couple years to diversify their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
      Instead of being worried about the myth of reverse sexism, you should realize TSA screeners have a shoe in for FAMS spots. If your going to whine, whine about that fact. FAMS have a agreement with TSA so they could hire.. Lol.. I'm not going back and forth with you.... Give my regards to my boys down in ACY.
      Hey difference of opinion, its ok to have them. But its not a myth its a known fact in my opinion because I have seen it myself and the agency is blatant about it and doesn't try to hide it. And its not whining, its explain to well qualified candidates why they might not get selected. Its just the truth. Plus I know its hard to go back and forth when you're wrong and the other person backs up their points with facts and examples.

In regards to hiring screeners I don't think it hurts to have inter agency agreements. Most agencies have them and its how you encourage and promote career advancement until you work your way to FAM then you are stuck lol. I never worked as a screener so I don't know that many and of course I have had plenty of bad interactions with them. But all of the FAMs I have met that used to be TSOs or TSIs have been exceptional FAMs for the most part. Most of them were prior military personnel that used the TSO position as a foot in the door to the federal government. And honestly out of all the FAMs I know very few came from TSA TSO positions. Maybe you have a different experience but to me it doesn't seem like to many of them make the cut.

Cant say hi to the people at ACY because I don't work there and try to avoid that place but I wish you the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post
        It's cool how the Screeners have an in for the FAMS job, what's not cool is that fams can't move over to fill some of the open jobs at TSA for a couple years to diversify their careers.
        It would definitely be a nice option for career advancement because like I said you get kind of stuck once you become a FAM. They make it easy to go back to TSI or other TSA positions but then its pretty hard to come back to FAMS once you leave.

I'm guessing its mainly just because they don't want to pay someone what a FAM makes to do a job that they can get someone else to do for less. Even if its just temporarily.

Only real options right now for expanding your career with FAMs is VIPR which looks like its about to expand and double in size. So it should be easier to get on a team as a new hire for some of the applicants. All of the other office positions are primarily administrative in nature but can be a nice break. JTTF is great just really hard to get with limited slots.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post

Only real options right now for expanding your career with FAMs is VIPR which looks like its about to expand and double in size.
            My question would be does the VIPR Teams get the Per Diem that one gets when they fly?

If not, no way in the world would I go that route. But that's just me.

Comment

• stop posting information
              Last edited by ShockTroopDevilDog; 05-04-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
                Hey difference of opinion, its ok to have them. But its not a myth its a known fact in my opinion because I have seen it myself and the agency is blatant about it and doesn't try to hide it. And its not whining, its explain to well qualified candidates why they might not get selected. Its just the truth. Plus I know its hard to go back and forth when you're wrong and the other person backs up their points with facts and examples.

In regards to hiring screeners I don't think it hurts to have inter agency agreements. Most agencies have them and its how you encourage and promote career advancement until you work your way to FAM then you are stuck lol. I never worked as a screener so I don't know that many and of course I have had plenty of bad interactions with them. But all of the FAMs I have met that used to be TSOs or TSIs have been exceptional FAMs for the most part. Most of them were prior military personnel that used the TSO position as a foot in the door to the federal government. And honestly out of all the FAMs I know very few came from TSA TSO positions. Maybe you have a different experience but to me it doesn't seem like to many of them make the cut.

Cant say hi to the people at ACY because I don't work there and try to avoid that place but I wish you the best.
                Good luck on your FAM application process.. Bro.. I'm not going back and forth not because of facts, rather I was where you are now 6 years ago.. I made it through the process and flew for 4 years. l If anyone has questions PM me..

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                  Good luck on your FAM application process.. Bro.. I'm not going back and forth not because of facts, rather I was where you are now 6 years ago.. I made it through the process and flew for 4 years. l If anyone has questions PM me..
                  lol i dont think anyone reads or cares for his rants on gender equality haha

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                    What I posted is far from "False".

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
                    Your inbox is full.

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                      Your inbox is full.
                      My bad fixing it now

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
                        My question would be does the VIPR Teams get the Per Diem that one gets when they fly?

If not, no way in the world would I go that route. But that's just me.
                        Who knows
                        Last edited by ShockTroopDevilDog; 05-04-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• any offers from the second NY/NJ announcement or any movement?

Comment

Last edited by trdbeast; 12-30-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• It seems to me, that all the COE have been made for individuals who chose Newark as their location. None from New York. Just my observation. Maybe someone can create a list of who has received a COE along with duty location and announcement....

Comment

• Originally posted by ra1d3x View Post
                                Not yet. Another applicant for that announcement stated that he/she received a call from FAMS HR saying that decisions will be made mid-May.

We are only a couple of weeks away from mid-May!
                                waiting=torture lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8729 users online. 291 members and 8438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X