Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
      Hello all,

I just received my conditional officer today. I've applied the information and suggestion I've received on here and decided to do my Medical/Poly at the facility in Atlantic City. They recommended me to go there to fast track the process so I will go that route. Good luck everyone!
      Which announcement were you?

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young416 View Post
          InfantryKO,

I am not sure how they are going about the selection after the Panel Interview. After the panel interview, then the SAC interview, then your Physical Fitness. I am guessing they are putting everything in consideration from all your evaluation and your written test to determine your selection. However, that's just my opinion. My first name starts with the Letter "N" My last name starts with the Letter "N" as well. I am not sure if they are going alphabetically. I hope this information help you.
          I greatly appreciate it, so I'm sitting in the same spot you were prior to getting the phone call with the check mark above selection decision. I'm just wondering if they are going down a list of names by alphabetical order. My last name starts with an O, so I guess we'll find out soon.

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• For folks with offers, is the FO calling or HQ?

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 01:12 AM. Reason: Miss spell

Comment

• Am I the only one for GA 3rd announcement it seems like everyone is on the 1st.....

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by myvt365 View Post
                        Am I the only one for GA 3rd announcement it seems like everyone is on the 1st.....
                        I applied to both veterans ny/nj and most recent 4 office announcement. Still waiting on a selection decision from most recent announcement, word on the street is May sometime. I'm sure somebody will post if there is movement. I'm hoping to get a call for ATL FO. NYC or NJ makes me go limp.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MrBoombastic;3868026]I applied to both veterans ny/nj and most recent 4 office announcement. Still waiting on a selection decision from most recent announcement, word on the street is May sometime. I'm sure somebody will post if there is movement. I'm hoping to get a call for ATL FO. NYC or NJ makes me go limp.[/QUOT?

Can't wait .....the waiting is torture
                          Last edited by Figureout18; 05-04-2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                            I applied as well. I made my selection for a field office visit today and am waiting for a call to set up the date. How long after did it take for them to call you? Where are you doing your FO visit?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                            I originally applied for the 1st announcement but withdrew because the new locations were more appealing. They called about 2 weeks after I passed my exam mid February and had an interview by end of Feb. By FO visit you mean the panel interview and Fitness test? I'll be taking it in Chantilly, VA mid May. Which location did you pick?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by M4V; 05-02-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                              The panel does matter. Your ranking as best qualified matters. It blows my mind that people actually believe there are no females or minorities who would be "best qualified"..lol... A person who is well qualified DOESNT JUMP a best qualified candidate. FAMS wants to encourage females to apply because there aren't that many. Excepted Service means the agency is unique and sets its own criteria instead of OPM. The only reason it's excepted service was because of TSA because TSA is excepted service. Just apply, do well, and cross your fingers. Excepted Service has absolutely nothing to do with EO. It has to do with special qualification.. Great example is FBI.. One year they might need computer engineering majors or accountants so individuals with those two backgrounds are hired first. That's the point of excepted service... It has nothing to do with hiring unqualified females or minorities.
                              Yes obviously the hiring panel decides how well you rank. My point was that regardless of how you rank the decision is made at HQ and someone else can easily be picked over you for other reasons. You could both be ranked "best qualified" whatever grade scale they use to come up with that rating. But just because you were both ranked best qualified doesn't mean you have the same experience.

Don't put words in my mouth I never said there aren't best qualified females and I never brought up minorities. All I was pointing out is that the number of females hired should be directly proportional to the number that apply. It blows my mind that you don't understand why its a problem to actively try to recruit females simply because you don't think there are enough. Some jobs don't attract females a lot and there is nothing wrong with that. Law enforcement typically attracts more males to begin with and there is nothing wrong with that. To go out of your way to recruit females with special recruiting activities not being held for male applicants is sexist.

Again when did I say that excepted service had to do with EO? I was pointing out that sexist hiring practices defeat the purpose of what it was indented for. My overall point is that the best experienced and most qualified person should be hired regardless of there sex or ethnicity. To examine the agency and say "oh no" we need to hire more females we don't have enough is just stupid. To hold hiring events for women only and to specifically target women applicants is sexist.

The best applicant should be hired regardless of sex. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand and agree with? I usually like what you have to say on here UCLA, just not sure why you cant see the problem here. All I'm saying is that its inappropriate to give any type of special treatment to any applicant in any way based off of sex. And this agency does it.

And don't even get me started on special treatment towards females in the academy to give them every possible chance to pass.
                              Last edited by NCOForever; 05-03-2016, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
                                Yes obviously the hiring panel decides how well you rank. My point was that regardless of how you rank the decision is made at HQ and someone else can easily be picked over you for other reasons. You could both be ranked "best qualified" whatever grade scale they use to come up with that rating. But just because you were both ranked best qualified doesn't mean you have the same experience.

Don't put words in my mouth I never said there aren't best qualified females and I never brought up minorities. All I was pointing out is that the number of females hired should be directly proportional to the number that apply. It blows my mind that you don't understand why its a problem to actively try to recruit females simply because you don't think there are enough. Some jobs don't attract females a lot and there is nothing wrong with that. Law enforcement typically attracts more males to begin with and there is nothing wrong with that. To go out of your way to recruit females with special recruiting activities not being held for male applicants is sexist.

Again when did I say that excepted service had to do with EO? I was pointing out that sexist hiring practices defeat the purpose of what it was indented for. My overall point is that the best experienced and most qualified person should be hired regardless of there sex or ethnicity. To examine the agency and say "oh no" we need to hire more females we don't have enough is just stupid. To hold hiring events for women only and to specifically target women applicants is sexist.

The best applicant should be hired regardless of sex. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand and agree with? I usually like what you have to say on here UCLA, just not sure why you cant see the problem here. All I'm saying is that its inappropriate to give any type of special treatment to any applicant in any way based off of sex. And this agency does it.

And don't even get me started on special treatment towards females in the academy to give them every possible chance to pass.
                                Instead of being worried about the myth of reverse sexism, you should realize TSA screeners have a shoe in for FAMS spots. If your going to whine, whine about that fact. FAMS have a agreement with TSA so they could hire.. Lol.. I'm not going back and forth with you.... Give my regards to my boys down in ACY.
                                Last edited by UCLA1998; 05-03-2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8390 users online. 266 members and 8124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X