300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
    Just remember for every well qualified one of you with great experience and resumes who were told you passed everything with flying colors and then are not selected there is a minimally qualified female or somewhat qualified female who was selected over you simply because they are female.

Only way it will ever get fixed is if one of the very well qualified not selected applicants is able to sue and prove that FAMS selected a lesser qualified applicant purely because they are female. Which is why it will most likely never get fixed because that is very difficult to do.
    I was with FAMS for 4 years and I saw BOTH qualified and unqualified MALES and FEMALES. FAMS is exempted services, just like the FBI, DEA, DIA, CIA, NSA, and etc. Which means they don't have to justify jack. They select who the want and quite frankly they do a good job. FAMS doesn't and won't release any hiring information because its a intelligence agency (classified as one). My class was very diverse. We had vets, non-vets, former TSA, former cops, kids out of college, and former fed. We also had a equal amount of racial demographics (which is rare). Bottomline, if you don't get in you don't get in. Thats how it goes. This fed thing is all about luck and right place at the right time. IMO you don't have to be a super trooper, former ranger (RLTW by the way), cop, have a masters degree, or be a super human JUST to sit on a plane. Lets get off this"i feel I'm more qualified s**t, because at the end of the day you don't determine how qualified you really are. By the way you are ranked as Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified, and Un Qualified. I was on a panel and thats how it was. The only way a lower category jumps a higher category is when there are no more applicants in the higher category. So if there are best qualified folks still in the hiring pool, they will be selected first.
    Last edited by UCLA1998; 05-01-2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
      I was with FAMS for 4 years and I saw BOTH qualified and unqualified MALES and FEMALES. FAMS is exempted services, just like the FBI, DEA, DIA, CIA, NSA, and etc. Which means they don't have to justify jack. They select who the want and quite frankly they do a good job. FAMS doesn't and won't release any hiring information because its a intelligence agency (classified as one). My class was very diverse. We had vets, non-vets, former TSA, former cops, kids out of college, and former fed. We also had a equal amount of racial demographics (which is rare). Bottomline, if you don't get in you don't get in. Thats how it goes. This fed thing is all about luck and right place at the right time. IMO you don't have to be a super trooper, former ranger (RLTW by the way), cop, have a masters degree, or be a super human JUST to sit on a plane. Lets get off this"i feel I'm more qualified s**t, because at the end of the day you don't determine how qualified you really are. By the way you are ranked as Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified, and Un Qualified. I was on a panel and thats how it was. The only way a lower category jumps a higher category is when there are no more applicants in the higher category. So if there are best qualified folks still in the hiring pool, they will be selected first.

see, that's exactly how it makes sense. They accept who they want and need. Wise words thanks for the knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
        see, that's exactly how it makes sense. They accept who they want and need. Wise words thanks for the knowledge.
        As far as how vet's preference applied... All vets ( in the order 30%, 10 point, 5 point) are places at the top of the list in the CATEGORY they are in. So if a vet is best qualified he/she will placed at the top of the best qualified list. If he/she is well qualified, they are placed at the top of the well qualified list. So if you don't have vet preference it will behoove you to be in the best qualified category. This process is better than OPM's as far the competition between vets and non-vets.

Comment

IMO you don't have to be a super trooper, former ranger (RLTW by the way)
          Sup ranger! Class 02-06 here. Spent my time in Benning & Bragg LRS mostly. How about yourself? Few scrolls and tabs at the ATL FO. I hope to be in good company.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBoombastic View Post
            Sup ranger! Class 02-06 here. Spent my time in Benning & Bragg LRS mostly. How about yourself? Few scrolls and tabs at the ATL FO. I hope to be in good company.
            Yeah I rocked the MP brassard so I'm basically the same. Just kidding. That's cool guys. I did my stuff ATL as well though.
            We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Comment

• It doesn't matter what the hiring panel decision is. All that means is that you get referred from the field office to HQ. Like you said its all about luck. You go into the black whole at HQ and maybe get picked maybe you don't. I lucked out quite a few years ago and got picked. All I'm saying is they don't purely go for the best qualified, especially not anymore when their own hiring announcement says females desired. Ethically they have a fiduciary responsibility to the American people to hire the people that they believe will most likely be able to pass the academy and be the best fit for the job. But they clearly violate that responsibility in an effort to make the agency more in line with equal opportunity guidelines. Yes the FAMS is excepted service and the whole point of excepted service is to streamline the hiring process and get people they need for the position. Focusing on making your hiring decisions more EO related vs qualification related defeats the entire purpose of excepted service and is a clear violation of federal regulations. If only 5% of overall applicants are female then only 5% of overall applicants hired should be female within a small deviation plus or minus. Same goes for any ethnic group.

In case any of you missed this article when the first posting came out.
              https://www.fleoa.org/news-story.aspx?id=5608

Comment

Last edited by Young416; 05-27-2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• For those who received their COE, just received email to access equip, check your email.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
                    It doesn't matter what the hiring panel decision is. All that means is that you get referred from the field office to HQ. Like you said its all about luck. You go into the black whole at HQ and maybe get picked maybe you don't. I lucked out quite a few years ago and got picked. All I'm saying is they don't purely go for the best qualified, especially not anymore when their own hiring announcement says females desired. Ethically they have a fiduciary responsibility to the American people to hire the people that they believe will most likely be able to pass the academy and be the best fit for the job. But they clearly violate that responsibility in an effort to make the agency more in line with equal opportunity guidelines. Yes the FAMS is excepted service and the whole point of excepted service is to streamline the hiring process and get people they need for the position. Focusing on making your hiring decisions more EO related vs qualification related defeats the entire purpose of excepted service and is a clear violation of federal regulations. If only 5% of overall applicants are female then only 5% of overall applicants hired should be female within a small deviation plus or minus. Same goes for any ethnic group.

In case any of you missed this article when the first posting came out.
                    https://www.fleoa.org/news-story.aspx?id=5608
                    The panel does matter. Your ranking as best qualified matters. It blows my mind that people actually believe there are no females or minorities who would be "best qualified"..lol... A person who is well qualified DOESNT JUMP a best qualified candidate. FAMS wants to encourage females to apply because there aren't that many. Excepted Service means the agency is unique and sets its own criteria instead of OPM. The only reason it's excepted service was because of TSA because TSA is excepted service. Just apply, do well, and cross your fingers. Excepted Service has absolutely nothing to do with EO. It has to do with special qualification.. Great example is FBI.. One year they might need computer engineering majors or accountants so individuals with those two backgrounds are hired first.. That's the point of excepted service... It has nothing to do with hiring unqualified females or minorities.
                    Last edited by UCLA1998; 05-02-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

The panel does matter. Your ranking as best qualified matters.
                      I've seen some hiring periods when I worked that it didn't seem to matter at all. At least to the flying folks.

They seemed to be hiring whoever the hell they wanted with no rhyme or reason and the candidates that did make it thru training showed that that HR/Management likes to use a dart board at times to figure out who to hire. As some made no sense and didn't last long for various reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                        For those who received their COE, just received email to access equip, check your email.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
                        Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• I just got a phone call from FAM personal, stating that they will be making selection decisions mid-May... I thought that's kinda odd, concidering they normally just update via dashboard and don't make phone calls... Been sitting at star over refered for selection since March 22... Anyone else get a phone call like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by That1guy81 View Post
                            I just got a phone call from FAM personal, stating that they will be making selection decisions mid-May... I thought that's kinda odd, concidering they normally just update via dashboard and don't make phone calls... Been sitting at star over refered for selection since March 22... Anyone else get a phone call like that?

Are you still part of the first announcement? I've been waiting since March 25 on referred. Seems like people from the first announcement have already gotten calls. I'm just hoping I hear back soon.

Comment

• Yea I'm still waiting
                              Last edited by ShockTroopDevilDog; 05-04-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Figureout18 View Post
                                Are you still part of the first announcement? I've been waiting since March 25 on referred. Seems like people from the first announcement have already gotten calls. I'm just hoping I hear back soon.

I'm unsure if 1st announcement or not... Vet pref, and application recieved Jan 13... Unsure how people are determining first announcement

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11120 users online. 485 members and 10635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X