Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Pt test group based or is it like all eyes on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by myvt365 View Post
      Was the Pt test group based or is it like all eyes on you?
      It really just depends on the office man. When I went through it a few years ago it was only a few of us going through it together and it was pretty laid back. We held the feet of the other person for sit-ups but a couple people went at the same time. Most everything with the PT tests is really subjective to how the office wants to run it unless they changed things. Regardless of which office you still are going to have to do everything with the correct form and everything but some offices might want you to have a really high score to refer you for selection. But I saw guys in the academy who could barely do one pull-up and somehow they got in. So obviously not every office cares as much about high scores or maybe some applicants have friends in high places, who knows.

The mentality from most instructors seems to be, Im not going to yell at you or encourage you, you can either do it or you cant. Show me what you got and move on to the next exercise. But again everyone's experience will be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBoombastic View Post
        Everyone has a different perspective and it's not the dream job for some. Good & bad with every job. Everybody here is aware of the potential negatives. Be a solution man not another problem. Not directed personally but some of us are excited and I hate yellow Cheerios.

On a lighter note. Can't wait till they let us shoot each other with Sims in the mock ups! PewPew!
        In many ways the FAMS is a great position when you are at the end of your career or at the beginning. Its being stuck there during the middle portion that gets rough. There are lots of people at the FAMS who did their time as 1811s and even some supervisor 1811s who have been there and done that and are ready for a more laid back position without a case load. Every agency has BS to deal with but the majority of the time you are left to your own devices and generally get to be pretty independent. No one bugging or micro managing you when you're sitting at 30,000 feet.

Comment

Here is a generic question for yall how did yall find out about that announcements I had some one tell me about it so I applied literally 12:15 when it opened?
          Well this forum was created by the user Texas343 Dec 1 2015. But the user USMC1582 posted on 12 /23/15 that FAMS would be hiring at the start of the new year. I was a little skeptical. Seeing how I work for DHS and I know a few FAMS, and didn't hear anything official till 12 28-29.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Comment

• You can also setup up saved searches in USA JOBS that will send you notifications whenever matching positions are posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
              Well this forum was created by the user Texas343 Dec 1 2015. But the user USMC1582 posted on 12 /23/15 that FAMS would be hiring at the start of the new year. I was a little skeptical. Seeing how I work for DHS and I know a few FAMS, and didn't hear anything official till 12 28-29.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
              I received an email from a veteran recruiting network that FAMS was hiring specifically female veterans..and it was in advance of them opening up on usajobs..

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry guys I guess I should have said hi first..... lol well hey anyway first off I have zero back round in law enforcement I am ex military and been in a different trade lol... anyway I passed the batt test and did not expect to but im excited to continue on with the process.. I am still very new to this whole ordeal first time applying... The pt test im also curious what they are looking for im running like a 12 min 1.5 mile right noe and 50 push up and 50 sit ups roughly..... Im not sure how good ill have to do. Now its from my understanding that if you pass the panel then you will take the pt test right? thanks for alot of the insite guys there isnt many people to talk to about this stuff. Also I applyed to the ATL office and thats the only one I can take so im hoping it works out.

Also one last question did yall go in clean shaven at the FO im a manger at a big company now and have a bit of facial hair and if I get all clean shaven my company now is going to question it.
                Ex mil? Use your best judgement. Some folks are looking for the answers to the test. They are looking for your best effort. You already have all the guidance you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBoombastic View Post
                  Everyone has a different perspective and it's not the dream job for some. Good & bad with every job. Everybody here is aware of the potential negatives. Be a solution man not another problem. Not directed personally but some of us are excited and I hate yellow Cheerios.

On a lighter note. Can't wait till they let us shoot each other with Sims in the mock ups! PewPew!
                  I was just stating facts bro... When I was there we had several 1811's jump over only to realize they made a mistake. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. FAMS is a great job to begin your career or end it. It's hard to sustain proper health while flying 5 days a week being delayed. If there are any former 1811's thinking about jumping over, think very hard and long. AGAIN, it's a great job but it has its realities that many of you will face once your on. Just a get the ideas of Passenger 57 or being Liam Nelson out your head your going to fly, watch movies, fall asleep, and be delayed.
                  Last edited by UCLA1998; 04-29-2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLUFF_IATHS View Post
                    I have a question for those knowledgeable in the selection/qual process. Would you get disqualified for experimenting with marijuana usage within the past 5 years? I don't see it being a big deal since it deals with past I just wanted to make sure.... I applied for the chicago announcement... I was applying for USSS positions and that is an automatic DQ anything within 3 years.
                    You would have to explain why you did it and how many times. If it's over a certain amount, they believe it wasn't experimental.

Comment

• any movements today?

Comment

• Not yet just waiting on that call

Comment

• Originally posted by bhurley0125 View Post
                          Not yet just waiting on that call
                          I still have a blue star over referred. idk wtf is taking so long already the anticipation is killing me

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                            I still have a blue star over referred. idk wtf is taking so long already the anticipation is killing me
                            Same here!! You know what they say, no news is good news

Comment

• Originally posted by That1guy81 View Post
                              Same here!! You know what they say, no news is good news
                              it's just so strange that people that interviewed around the same time as me (mid april) have check marks above referred and/or have received conditionals already and I only have a star over referred. this is worse torture than waterboarding lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                                it's just so strange that people that interviewed around the same time as me (mid april) have check marks above referred and/or have received conditionals already and I only have a star over referred. this is worse torture than waterboarding lol
                                If it makes you feel any better I interviewed 3/21 and still have the blue star. Who knows if it's based on a certain order or random.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9877 users online. 478 members and 9399 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X