Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
    Guys listen out for the phone, I missed my call for TSA hr at 9 pm

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Whats the area code of the number?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
      Yeah, I was able to return the call before they left for the night.

      Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
      was it an offer? and for which FO did they assign

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Pat1686 View Post
        Can anyone tell me if FAMs match your pay as a GS Employee when you transfer over to them? Im currently a GS-12 with DSS and was wondering what I would come in as and make?
        I would assume they would try to match you at the highest level of the pay band for the announcement, but that is something to ask HR.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
          I would assume they would try to match you at the highest level of the pay band for the announcement, but that is something to ask HR.
          Yes they will match your base pay within the G band... $62k is top of the band and I believe $62k is a GS12 step 1..
          Last edited by UCLA1998; 04-28-2016, 09:28 PM.

          Comment


          • Ok so I got a little stop sign above the "selection decision." The definition is:

            "The hiring process
            has stopped because
            the candidate is not
            selected for a
            position covered
            under the Job
            Opportunity
            Announcement
            (JOA) or has
            withdrawn from the
            selected application."

            So what exactly does that mean?? I didn't withdraw anything. I didn't get eliminated did I?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DFAB1986 View Post
              Ok so I got a little stop sign above the "selection decision." The definition is:

              "The hiring process
              has stopped because
              the candidate is not
              selected for a
              position covered
              under the Job
              Opportunity
              Announcement
              (JOA) or has
              withdrawn from the
              selected application."

              So what exactly does that mean?? I didn't withdraw anything. I didn't get eliminated did I?
              when was your FO day?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                I had a buddy at NYFO who left DSS for FAMS.. He's been trying to get out of FAMS for 3 years now and he regrets it.
                Everyone has a different perspective and it's not the dream job for some. Good & bad with every job. Everybody here is aware of the potential negatives. Be a solution man not another problem. Not directed personally but some of us are excited and I hate yellow Cheerios.

                On a lighter note. Can't wait till they let us shoot each other with Sims in the mock ups! PewPew!

                Comment


                • I have a question for those knowledgeable in the selection/qual process. Would you get disqualified for experimenting with marijuana usage within the past 5 years? I don't see it being a big deal since it deals with past I just wanted to make sure.... I applied for the chicago announcement... I was applying for USSS positions and that is an automatic DQ anything within 3 years.
                  Last edited by BLUFF_IATHS; 04-28-2016, 10:21 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                    when was your FO day?
                    4/13

                    Comment


                    • Your done.

                      Originally posted by DFAB1986 View Post
                      Ok so I got a little stop sign above the "selection decision." The definition is:

                      "The hiring process
                      has stopped because
                      the candidate is not
                      selected for a
                      position covered
                      under the Job
                      Opportunity
                      Announcement
                      (JOA) or has
                      withdrawn from the
                      selected application."

                      So what exactly does that mean?? I didn't withdraw anything. I didn't get eliminated did I?

                      Comment


                      • sorry

                        Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                        When and where is your FO visit? Which locations did you apply for? I just did my FAB yesterday and passed. I still have to schedule my panel.
                        Sorry guys I guess I should have said hi first..... lol well hey anyway first off I have zero back round in law enforcement I am ex military and been in a different trade lol... anyway I passed the batt test and did not expect to but im excited to continue on with the process.. I am still very new to this whole ordeal first time applying... The pt test im also curious what they are looking for im running like a 12 min 1.5 mile right noe and 50 push up and 50 sit ups roughly..... Im not sure how good ill have to do. Now its from my understanding that if you pass the panel then you will take the pt test right? thanks for alot of the insite guys there isnt many people to talk to about this stuff. Also I applyed to the ATL office and thats the only one I can take so im hoping it works out.

                        Also one last question did yall go in clean shaven at the FO im a manger at a big company now and have a bit of facial hair and if I get all clean shaven my company now is going to question it.
                        Last edited by myvt365; 04-28-2016, 10:58 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                          was it an offer? and for which FO did they assign
                          Yes,Nwk. Like many of you I eagerly await new info. I really don't mind sharing, but I am also cautious what I post. I don't know what could be consider Sensitive Information. But.. I asked a few questions. Those of us in the first wave and who successfully pass everything might be leaving sooner than we thought. But nothing in concrete.
                          If you select Atlantic City for your medical, prepare for a looooong day. Medical drug test Physical and Poly. There a several forms and eqip (sf86) assessable after you accept via phone and on the CD. If you do it the other way, it could be drawn out a bit. Well Good Luck and God Bless

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                            Yes,Nwk. Like many of you I eagerly await new info. I really don't mind sharing, but I am also cautious what I post. I don't know what could be consider Sensitive Information. But.. I asked a few questions. Those of us in the first wave and who successfully pass everything might be leaving sooner than we thought. But nothing in concrete.
                            If you select Atlantic City for your medical, prepare for a looooong day. Medical drug test Physical and Poly. There a several forms and eqip (sf86) assessable after you accept via phone and on the CD. If you do it the other way, it could be drawn out a bit. Well Good Luck and God Bless
                            Thanks for sharing. I am the same way specially when it comes to TSA in particular and their designation on what is SSI and what is not. Hopefully, I get the call tomorrow.

                            It does sound like a long day, hopefully the polygraph is first.

                            Comment


                            • Here is a generic question for yall how did yall find out about that announcements I had some one tell me about it so I applied literally 12:15 when it opened?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by myvt365 View Post
                                Here is a generic question for yall how did yall find out about that announcements I had some one tell me about it so I applied literally 12:15 when it opened?
                                I check usajobs.gov at least once a day.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9884 users online. 479 members and 9405 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X