Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• I had vets in my class who got double paid for FLETC using whatever part of the education bills for ongoing career training or something like that. so yes you can
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
          With the FAMS pay scale, how much should one expect to receive in pay per month before receiving any additional veteran pay from the GI Bill? Is it the G band pay or is it prorated somehow during training?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
          Not sure about the GI Bill stuff, but the G Band is equivalent to a GS-9. You can look up the GS pay tables at opm.gov. It's scaled differently based on the area you are living/training (COLA adjustments). Assuming you aren't a gov't employee it would start at a GS-9 step 1.

According to the job announcement, once training is completed then LEAP pay starts, which is an additional 25% of your salary. (Multiply the GS-9 Step 1 by 1.25).

Comment

• Thanks for answering and being nice. I'm new to the forums and didn't realize I was asking the same question twice. Appreciate it

Comment

• Didn't realize I was asking three times. I'm new to how the forum works and I didn't mean too. Thanks for taking time out of your day to address that instead of being helpful though.

Comment

• Past the written today and looking forward to the FO visit. I have no date yet but the pace so far has been moving quickly. Let's hope it keeps going like that and we all can get into a class soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Blessedbethepeacemakers View Post
                  Didn't realize I was asking three times. I'm new to how the forum works and I didn't mean too. Thanks for taking time out of your day to address that instead of being helpful though.
                  And saved...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                    With the FAMS pay scale, how much should one expect to receive in pay per month before receiving any additional veteran pay from the GI Bill? Is it the G band pay or is it prorated somehow during training?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                    Based on personnel experience you are unable to use the GI Bill at FLETC Artesia (2011) time frame. I forget all the details from trying to use it at that time but the only people I know of for a fact that have successfully used it at FLETC is for the BOP during the 3 week academy at FLETC and the follow OJT.

I believe there has to be some sort of agreement worked out between the institution for a specific training venue and the VA. Also here is the official answer from the FLETC Website which is a no.

https://www.fletc.gov/faq/can-i-use-...ional-benefits

I think the only reason you are able to use it for the BOP is because every employee who works for the BOP has to go to the 3 week academy so its a slightly different requirement than someone in a purely law enforcement role.

Example from this forum of someone using it for BOP. http://forums.officer.com/t154941-38/

Like I said I know its been done for the BOP and since local academies are open to the public it works for them but not for the typical federal academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      And saved...
                      Stop Trolling. If you have no relevant or useful information, then don't write anything. Intimidation on these forums is pretty childish. He or she will get plenty of that at the academy.
                      OUT!!

Comment

• Trolling? Nope. Don't get involved in others drama. You can't afford to...
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• The last FAMS thread got closed down due to people bickering at each other. Can we please leave this thread open?

Comment

• To bring this back to FAM specific topics. I haven't seen this discussed yet but looks like VIPR teams nation wide might be doubled. https://www.baldwin.senate.gov/press...rport-security

This would increase the number of GBA (Ground based assignments) by a considerable number. VIPR continues to be highlighted and liked by people in congress because it is something visual that can easily be understood unlike undercover people sitting on a plane where it is harder to justify funding with metrics. I see this as another example of FAMS being slowly taken in a different direction and potentially evolving into something else.

Just food for thought, especially if you end up getting stuck with this agency. It looks like there will be more GBAs available if you don't want to spend 20 years at 30,000 feet. Of course depending on the Field Office it can be more competitive or less competitive to actually get on one.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Trolling? Nope. Don't get involved in others drama. You can't afford to...
                              LOL. And why exactly can I not afford it? I highly doubt you have any influence or decision making power in the hiring process despite what you are implying.
                              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
                                To bring this back to FAM specific topics. I haven't seen this discussed yet but looks like VIPR teams nation wide might be doubled. https://www.baldwin.senate.gov/press...rport-security

This would increase the number of GBA (Ground based assignments) by a considerable number. VIPR continues to be highlighted and liked by people in congress because it is something visual that can easily be understood unlike undercover people sitting on a plane where it is harder to justify funding with metrics. I see this as another example of FAMS being slowly taken in a different direction and potentially evolving into something else.

Just food for thought, especially if you end up getting stuck with this agency. It looks like there will be more GBAs available if you don't want to spend 20 years at 30,000 feet. Of course depending on the Field Office it can be more competitive or less competitive to actually get on one.
                                Thats some good news.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12223 users online. 419 members and 11804 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X