Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'd be shocked if there was a class in June...but I guess it's possible. I applied for ICE IEA/DO Feb 2015 and I'm still waiting to get cleared. I realize it's a different gig but for any federal employment it's typically 8-12 months at least from time of application until you get that final offer. At least that's what I've been told from other federal employees and people who have went through the process in the past, including myself. Who really knows though...

    Comment


    • Let's face it. None of us truly know if there will be a June class, August class, or really any class until calls start going out.

      As hard as it is, just have to remain patient, PT your brains out, get some quality time in with friends and family while you still can, take that one last vacation, and work your tail off at your current job so when this background investigators call you get a good reference.

      My little pep talk for this Friday...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
        I've got friends that work at the FAM HQ and they have stated there are no firm dates yet.

        Folks in the field are guessing, nothing more, nothing less.

        Could there be a June class? Yeap. Just depends on how fast they get things processed.

        Anyone that has ever worked for the US Gov knows they are slow as hell doing things. It’s the nature of the beast.

        I wouldn't see anything happening til Aug/Sept time-frame but that's just me tossing out a wild guess as how things have worked in the past, on top of a poly being tossed in.

        They shouldnt want to be in Artesia in June anyway. It hot as hell!!! lol
        OUT!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DFAB1986 View Post
          I'd be shocked if there was a class in June...but I guess it's possible. I applied for ICE IEA/DO Feb 2015 and I'm still waiting to get cleared. I realize it's a different gig but for any federal employment it's typically 8-12 months at least from time of application until you get that final offer. At least that's what I've been told from other federal employees and people who have went through the process in the past, including myself. Who really knows though...
          They way I see it they probably want us in the air for the holiday rush and before the election.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
            Not TS and that's what you should be getting unless they have changed things.
            "Once candidates pass the Medical/Drug Test and the Pre-Hire Background Investigation, ... Full Background Investigation (BI). The result of this BI will give the successful candidates the required Top Secret (TS) clearance."

            Appear to be the same. I wouldn't count on any interim clearance being granted for those who were curious (as was I)
            Last edited by Umcdoj1; 04-22-2016, 11:38 AM. Reason: i cant spell.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post

              Appear to be the same. I wouldn't count on any interim clearance being granted for those who were curious (as was I)
              I've never seen a interim TS done. Plus, DHS/TSA will do their own clearance no matter what you might currently have.

              Comment


              • Anyone get a check mark over the "refered for selection" and a star over "selection decision" who did their FO visit on march 17th or after?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by That1guy81 View Post
                  Anyone get a check mark over the "refered for selection" and a star over "selection decision" who did their FO visit on march 17th or after?
                  I have not yet.

                  Comment


                  • Test taken yesterday and informed of passing yesterday as well...much faster than expected!

                    Comment


                    • Has anyone done the interview in Denver? If so, I have two questions. First question, was the running assessment done on a treadmill or a track? Second, how long after passing the exam (I passed it yesterday) is your interview approximately? Two weeks, a month? Any help would be appreciated!!

                      Comment


                      • After you found out you passed the exam, how long after was your interview? A month? Two weeks?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                          i still have no movement since my interview.
                          How long after you passed the test was your interview? Two weeks? A month?

                          Comment


                          • Asking three times won't get you a faster answer.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Asking three times won't get you a faster answer.
                              lol always love some humor when someone cant just read the forum and see what people have said. thats the point of a forum?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Blessedbethepeacemakers View Post
                                After you found out you passed the exam, how long after was your interview? A month? Two weeks?
                                One week.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7656 users online. 372 members and 7284 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X