300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ra1d3x View Post
    Just letting you guys know, there are still interviews the final week of April. Maybe they'll start processing before interviews are done, I don't know but the fact remains that interviews are still going until the final week of April.
    for which announcement? im pretty sure the January announcement's interviews are done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
      for which announcement? im pretty sure the January announcement's interviews are done.
      I believe he talking about the Jan annoucement, I know of people taking their FO visit next week. I guess it wouldnt be a stretch if they finish out April and then Start Maybe with the Medical,Poly and Background.I am trying to be cautious with the information I receive and post.

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
        I believe he talking about the Jan annoucement, I know of people taking their FO visit next week. I guess it wouldnt be a stretch if they finish out April and then Start Maybe with the Medical,Poly and Background.I am trying to be cautious with the information I receive and post.
        That is correct, I was talking about the Jan announcement.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 04-27-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
            Any indication of a new public announcement anytime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Probably not for a long time. You might've missed the boat for a 5-6 years. Who knows. The last time it was open before now, was 2011.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• I heard only horrors from the air marshal job. I have a few friends in there and they wouldn't recommend the job. They especially note the extreme lack of sleep and marshals being sleep deprived, just throwing that out there. You will not sleep at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                  For those of you who applied in january, how long did it take to schedule your online assessment? If I'm not mistaken, 2 months until notification or so, right?
                  For those of us that applied in March it only took 5 weeks to get notified. Does anyone else foresee a quicker process and hopefully sooner class up after the January folks? I sure hope so

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                  It was about a month, but I don't count this stuff to not drive myself insane. There are way too many variables.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                    I heard only horrors from the air marshal job. I have a few friends in there and they wouldn't recommend the job. They especially note the extreme lack of sleep and marshals being sleep deprived, just throwing that out there. You will not sleep at all.
                    Yeah.... ORD to MUC and back after 6 hours of "rest" is a fun way to be welcomed to your new ORD home.... SMFH...

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

They don't have minimum required hours for rest like flight attendants and pilots?
                        You will be on a plane more than any flight crew. FAMS don't have "rest hours". Just get off the plane and be back in the morning....

Comment

• Like I have said before. FAMS is a great job to either start or end your law enforcement career. You will see the world, earn hotel status/ points, and earn some extra money in per diem. Getting GBA's and promotions are very competitive, but its a great experience.

Comment

They don't have minimum required hours for rest like flight attendants and pilots?
                            Nope.

Most days have a show-time at 0430 (that's AM) and go from there.

Do a ORD to NYC to MIA and overnight at MIA. Land around 2200 at night due to crappy weather. Get to your hotel, hope to find some chow, then be back up/at MIA for a 0430 show-time.

Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

There must be plenty of overtime I assume. Does anyone know how much a FAM on their first year on would make realistically in terms of pay and overtime?
                                By my 2-3 year when I was doing internationals, I was making over a 100K a year.

Great money if you live in a low cost area but those days are over. Living in DC on a 100K is hard as hell.

That said, don't count on OT when you are looking at this or any job. If it goes away, you are screwed if you opt to blow money on high end apt, high end furniture, and high end wheels.

I've seen it happen way too many times. People start rolling in the OT and spend way more than they should then the OT goes away and the repo man be knocking at your door.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11131 users online. 453 members and 10678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X