X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be applying

Comment

Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
      Question for those who may know (or former FAMs)...what's the salary like? Do all FAMs start at the same salary or will compensation differ based on prior experience, etc? Thanks.
      If your prior fed Leo you will start a bit higher than your class mates. I heard the money to start will be lower than previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Esco View Post
        If your prior fed Leo you will start a bit higher than your class mates. I heard the money to start will be lower than previously.
        PM'd you.

Comment

How long is the hiring process, from app to start date?

Comment

Originally posted by ca_vet View Post
            How long is the hiring process, from app to start date?
            From my past experience 4-6 months, but now they are implementing a poly, so who know now.

Comment

Yeah I couldn't figure out how to post the email either. Don't know anything about salary. You'll start at the G band somewhere. I do know it was 7 months from the day I applied to my EOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is exciting. I bet this thread is going to blow up once more word gets out. I'm glad they brought the poly back... wean more people out.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                  Question for those who may know (or former FAMs)...what's the salary like? Do all FAMs start at the same salary or will compensation differ based on prior experience, etc? Thanks.
                  When I started back in 2008 or so I was a G band with a base of $45k not including LEAP or locality. They tried to bring me in at bottom G, but I countered with explaining my military experience as an officer managing 30-40 subordinates. A buddy had a MS degree and started around the same salary as me. If you have questions hit me up.

Comment

Anyone know if Government-wide includes contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
                      Anyone know if Government-wide includes contractors?

I don't think contractors are considered government employees..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by echat12 View Post
                        Yeah I couldn't figure out how to post the email either. Don't know anything about salary. You'll start at the G band somewhere. I do know it was 7 months from the day I applied to my EOD

It was a process, I had to screen shot the email on the laptop, paste in paint, save, the mobile version of this site doesn't give you the option to upload pictures like the full site does.

Comment

Originally posted by jb2257
                          It can vary wildly. I came in slightly over bottom G. A classmate with a JD and 5 years with another fed agency came in near top G, which if I recall correctly was somewhere around 90k. It's all about articulation.
                          Do you automatically jump to H and I after a few years?

Comment

Question for an active or former FAM? Why are DC and NYC hard to fill locations? Is it simply due to the cost of living? Typically when you live in a high cost area you're compensated for it. Or, are there other issues within those office's? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
                              Question for an active or former FAM? Why are DC and NYC hard to fill locations? Is it simply due to the cost of living? Typically when you live in a high cost area you're compensated for it. Or, are there other issues within those office's? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                              Cost of living is very high. DC isn't as bad as NYFO cost wise, but both locations have terrible traffic. You will make $12-18k in per diem with internationals in both locations.. NYFO has a ton of internationals as one can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
                                Why are DC and NYC hard to fill locations?
                                Simple. Cost of living..... that goes for every Fed/FLEO working in those two places, Hawaii, San Fran, LA, Boston, etc......

You do get some comp for living there but it doesn't seem enough........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11248 users online. 458 members and 10790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X