300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
    So despite the fact that I put that I am a vet on my atl/dc/la/chi app, I'll still be considered as general public?
    I really don't about that, I just know they were processing the Vets and Gov't employees first and then they started to processing the 2nd annoucement from January which was the public annoucement. A few weeks later that when they put out the announcement for the other FO, but they didn't separate apelicans as they did prior.

Comment

So despite the fact that I put that I am a vet on my atl/dc/la/chi app, I'll still be considered as general public?
      Yes, technically. So some agencies when hiring they first look at vets& gov employees annoucement and some only end up using those candidates. I messed up on this before when I have applied to other jobs. In the future if it says federal employees, check to see if Veterans can apply to that annoucement. (VEOA or VRA) you can apply to both annoucements though as a veteran.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I didn't see anything for atl/dc/chi/la veterans. Only the one for general public. Did I miss something? I thought only the NJ/NY announcement had fed vet preference
          Yes the atl/chi/DC/la was just a general public announcement. Nothing separate for veterans/gov't employees. Honestly though I'd like to think you have nothing to worry about in meeting the minimum qualifications. I'm sure being a veteran and having military experience should check that box.

From then on, it's all on you to pass the FAB and then PT/Interview portion.

Comment

• Just an update, guys:

Passed the panel, SAC interview, and PT test. Scores for the PT were 17 pull-ups, 67 push-ups, 53 sit-ups (I think), and 10:02 on the 1.5 mile run.

Now I join the blue star group with the rest of y'all on "Referred for Selection."

Good luck, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4ston View Post
              Just an update, guys:

Passed the panel, SAC interview, and PT test. Scores for the PT were 17 pull-ups, 67 push-ups, 53 sit-ups (I think), and 10:02 on the 1.5 mile run.

Now I join the blue star group with the rest of y'all on "Referred for Selection."

Good luck, everyone.
              Congratulations! Welcome to the group! Haha

Comment

Just an update, guys:

Good luck, everyone.
                Way to crush it. Now welcome to the real game! Waiting..

Comment

Just an update, guys:

Good luck, everyone.
                  PT stud. You'll be flying the unfriendly skies before you know it.

Comment

Just an update, guys:

Good luck, everyone.
                    Which announcement was your interview for

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                      Which announcement was your interview for
                      Newark, NJ/Queens, NY. The other announcement hasn't been processed yet.

Comment

• Does anyone know "officially" what happens if you applied to both announcements?

I've been told (from two separate people within the organization):
                        1) The results from the NY/NJ carry over.
                        2) You have to go trough the entire process over again. No results carry over.

Just wondering which one it really is. Any insight from anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by OHguy View Post
                          Does anyone know "officially" what happens if you applied to both announcements?

I've been told (from two separate people within the organization):
                          1) The results from the NY/NJ carry over.
                          2) You have to go trough the entire process over again. No results carry over.

Just wondering which one it really is. Any insight from anyone?
                          Officially, I don't know but I was told the results carry over as well.

Comment

Officially, I don't know but I was told the results carry over as well.
                            I was told the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Just wait until the next hijacking. Plenty of jobs then...

Gawdbarns, ands son-o-bitcha'!!!

Outta' bout' 28 pages of "Stuff my pocket with your money" , Ya' poSty thinGy pOst Twas da' only one I remeba'..Got a sub-plot Sire..."wasting 100's of millions or dump'in...
                              Originally posted by mookster
                              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                              Originally posted by CityCopDC
                              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7224 users online. 319 members and 6905 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X