• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charioce
    commented on 's reply
    They're all easy

• lunatico86
    commented on 's reply
    So you say FAB is as easy or easier than the USSS SAEE?

• Charioce
    replied
    Originally posted by lunatico86 View Post
    How difficult is the CBT compared to USSS or the other agencies?
    USSS CBT was easy. The hardest thing about the FAB is that the video is in like 240p so you can't see anything lmao

Leave a comment:

• lunatico86
    replied
    How difficult is the CBT compared to USSS or the other agencies?

Leave a comment:

• Grey De Leon
    replied
    Took me less then a week to get my results back from my application during the 2020 announcement.

Leave a comment:

• Charioce
    replied
    Originally posted by Swift_Justice301 View Post
    Has anyone taken the CBT and received their results yet?
    I've taken the CBT(military huh) but no results yet.

Leave a comment:

• Swift_Justice301
    replied
    Has anyone taken the CBT and received their results yet?

Leave a comment:

• Charioce
    replied
    For those of you who have already entered on duty. What are some of the most sought after duty locations for FAMs?

Leave a comment:

• Exbpa340
    commented on 's reply
    Correct as far as retirees but the qualification can be done by any number of individuals/agencies (not just the credential issuing agency). For federal Retired LEOs their former agency or any federal agency cannot qualify retirees under LEOSA.

In accordance with 18 U.S. Code § 926C “Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement officers”, section (d)(2)(B), the applicant must obtain “a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides or by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State that indicates that the individual has, not less than 1 year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the State or a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State to have met.”

• Kraut0783
    commented on 's reply
    LEOSA is a benefit for federal law enforcement when they retire, like local/state LEO...it provides a retirement license to carry, as long as the department provides retires credentials and firearm qualifications.

• steelman87
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, I think I got it now. It is definitely some very interesting stuff, thank you, and I really appreciate your time and all of the information!

• Exbpa340
    commented on 's reply
    Basically correct.. to my understanding the law was more intended for local LEOs so that they wouldn’t have to worry about getting prosecuted in a different state/jurisdiction and for retirees.

You have to carry your credentials as a Fed LEO regardless of what authority you are carrying under and to be quite honest nobody would knowwhat you are carrying unless you have to deploy the FA. Then someone down stream could possibly figure out you were in violation. Example would be that I could fly with my Ruger LCP and the odds are extremely low that I would ever face any action but in theory could.

• DocHolidayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, i hear you. Ive been in the USSS process for 14 months now.....

• steelman87
    commented on 's reply
    I thought that the only reason federal agents were allowed to carry off duty was because of LEOSA, I did not know that it was really because of their credentials... I think that is where my confusion came from.

So would LEOSA be more for local/state police as they can't use their credentials to carry anywhere in the US, while federal agents have no need for LEOSA off duty as they can just use their credentials, even off duty (assuming they use their service weapon or authorized POW)? But if the federal agent wanted to use a non-authorized personal weapon, they would now be operating under LEOSA instead of their credentials? Am I understanding that correctly now?
    Last edited by steelman87; 11-14-2021, 05:51 PM.

• smokeybear83
    commented on 's reply
    For the previous announcement I received an email to schedule the FAB about a week or two after the first person reported getting their email. Some people even completed the test before my email came through.

I passed the FAB and Field Office Assessment for the previous announcement so I won't have to schedule either of those for this announcement, but haven't heard anything nor has my portal been updated past the application received stage from this application. Hurry up and wait...the unofficial motto of the government!
    Last edited by smokeybear83; 11-14-2021, 09:26 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4242 users online. 235 members and 4007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X