300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by H2oLEO View Post
    I have applied for the ATL posting. Hoping to go there since I live in Alabama. Still got a star for the "meets requirments".
    Good luck getting Atlanta. If you finish the process, and they offer you DC, don't take it. Tell them you want/need Atlanta.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
        What's wrong with DC?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        For starters the same houses in say suburban Birmingham that go for 150k, go for 450k to start. It's very expensive in DC. You'll never live the same life style you would in Atlanta with a 100k as you would in DC with a 100k job. Shoot, bus drivers and train operators can make around 100k in DC.

Comment

• Hey Esco, do they take into account the post preference list you fill out in the app?

Comment

• Originally posted by H2oLEO View Post
            Hey Esco, do they take into account the post preference list you fill out in the app?
            If I were a betting man, the bulk (majority) of hiring will be for NY/NJ/ and DC.

Comment

• Anyone still pending an interview for the NY/NJ status and veteran announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                Anyone still pending an interview for the NY/NJ status and veteran announcement?
                I did the civilian announcement, and completed the interview portion. For you where is your blue star? Is it over "Met Requirements"

Comment

• Hey! I have an interview scheduled for next week for the NY/NJ Veteran annoucement.

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                    Anyone still pending an interview for the NY/NJ status and veteran announcement?
                    I am pending an interview..... any insight on to what questions to prepare for and how day went... thanks

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                        I know the cost of living is different but doesn't locality pay compensate for that? I doubt it's not a huge difference but I wouldn't have thought the pay would be the same between ATL and DC. I think I may have listed DC first when selecting the locations to apply for without taking cost of living into consideration. If for instance they were to select me for DC, would I be able to request another location instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Locality pay does not come close. Locality pay does not take into consideration the difference in housing cost. You can try and request a different location, but they likely will not care. If they think they can force you into a less desirable location they will. They did it to me. If you are in a position where you can stomach the risk for the huge reward, turn down the job if they offer you NYC or DC, and tell them you will only accept ATL. I have friends that have been in for almost a decade that are still trying to get to ATL, with no hope in sight.

Comment

• Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                            I am pending an interview..... any insight on to what questions to prepare for and how day went... thanks
                            Signed a non-disclosure so you probably won't get any insight into how the interviews went. But in terms of day I can say I did two interviews, fingerprints were collected, and performed the physical assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by G30S View Post
                              Signed a non-disclosure so you probably won't get any insight into how the interviews went. But in terms of day I can say I did two interviews, fingerprints were collected, and performed the physical assessment.
                              fair enough. thank you. quick question.... i know you cant discuss the meat and potatoes of the interview.... but where the interview questions the typical ones we know to expect?

Comment

• [QUOTE=G30S;3847376]Signed a non-disclosure so you probably won't get any insight into how the interviews went. But in terms of day I can say I did two interviews, fingerprints were collected, and performed the physical assessment.

Did you recieve a conditional offer?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11287 users online. 470 members and 10817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X