300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by esco View Post
    you will fly a ton probably you're whole career, there is almost a zero % career path, but you will see the world. If your ok with that, go for it. It's a really cool gig.
    btdt

Comment

• Originally posted by portnj View Post
      I got scheduled for the PT/interview but I'm currently attending a police academy. I managed to schedule the interview on the day I'm off from the academy. The question is if I go to the interview could FAMS contact the academy. In turn they contact my local PD and next thing I know I'm out any job. I do want to go federal and being a local is a great opportunity but I feel like FAMS is something I rather be in

Being a street cop is easily a million times more satisfying and rewarding then being a FAM. Like Esco said, get some years on the street, learn the job, learn what parts of it you like, then decide whether you want to go fed or not.

ETA:Knowing what I know now, if the stars had aligned at the right local agency for me, I would have stayed a street cop. I knew the exact type of work I wanted to do, it's just that the only path for me to get there was to go federal. I probably have a fair amount in common with you so I'll PM you the rest of what I have to say.
      Last edited by jb2257; 03-23-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Passed the computer test, panal interview, PAT, and I'm assuming passed the SAC interview!! Checked the dashboard and have a "star" over refered for selection!

Comment

• New to the forums... i know i am probably beating a dead horse and all, but can someone give some insight on the type of questions that will be asked during the panel interview? Mine is scheduled and I want to knock it out of the park. Also, when is the next anticipated academy date for those who applied in this past Dec-Jan? Thanks in advance and you guys have been giving great information keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by That1guy81 View Post
            Passed the computer test, panal interview, PAT, and I'm assuming passed the SAC interview!! Checked the dashboard and have a "star" over refered for selection!
            Can you turn your PMs on, please?

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure how?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4ston View Post
                  Can you turn your PMs on, please?

Not sure how my friend

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by That1guy81 View Post
                      Not sure how my friend
                      Go to Settings, General Settings on the left hand side, and scroll down and click "Private Messaging on"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                        Does anyone know the feasibility of finishing an undergrad degree while working for the FAMS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Anything is feasible with time and the willingness to complete it. It would have to be a completely asynchronous program though. Definitely online.
                        OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle_3203 View Post
                          Does anyone know the feasibility of finishing an undergrad degree while working for the FAMS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I talked to FAMS who said they had coworkers use all the sitting time on a plane to finish a degree, and then bounce out to another agency.
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Comment

• has anyone from the us citizen announcement in Newark and Queens had any movement yet in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by venum444 View Post
                                has anyone from the us citizen announcement in Newark and Queens had any movement yet in the process?
                                Yes, made it to the "referred for selection" section

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4850 users online. 241 members and 4609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X