300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
    has anyone taken the FAM PT test yet? if so, how did you you perform?
    No but what FO are you scheduled for, if you don't mind me asking? Just passed the FAB.

Comment

has anyone taken the FAM PT test yet? if so, how did you you perform?
      I'm taking it within the next few days. I ran through it a couple times myself and I'll do well. Most important tip as you get closer to test date is to make sure you don't get ANY injuries that will hurt you during your performance.

Comment

• Go the call for an interview and PT test this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4ston View Post
          No but what FO are you scheduled for, if you don't mind me asking? Just passed the FAB.
          Dallas,TX

Comment

• Originally posted by G30S View Post
            I'm taking it within the next few days. I ran through it a couple times myself and I'll do well. Most important tip as you get closer to test date is to make sure you don't get ANY injuries that will hurt you during your performance.
            if you dont mind me asking according to the chart were do you fall in the 4 categories(pushup, pullup,situp and run).......excellent, good,poor,fair etc......

Comment

if you dont mind me asking according to the chart were do you fall in the 4 categories(pushup, pullup,situp and run).......excellent, good,poor,fair etc......
              Doesn't matter. Poors thru excellents will get hired as flying fams. Just stay motivated and try hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post
                Doesn't matter. Poors thru excellent will get hired as flying fams. Just stay motivated and try hard.
                how do you know that? i thought they picked the best only(assuming its good and excellent). i am excellent in pullups and very poor in running

Comment

how do you know that? i thought they picked the best only(assuming its good and excellent). i am excellent in pullups and very poor in running
                  B/C in fed hiring you have to read between the lines. It's not mandatory to "pass" the PT text to move forward in the process??? I don't think it is. So youre run and push ups are just decent, but you score off the charts on the interview?? That person won't be hired to sit in a seat? Things aren't always as they seem Danger.

Comment

• I agree, I would rather have a well-rounded partner than a non-thinking, non-shooting, PT stud with little to no experience. Not saying one shouldn't be in shape, just saying there is more to Law Enforcement than just push-ups. just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I applied to the March 8th announcement. I am current fed employee.

Roughly speaking, how long does it take to get notified after the vacancy announcement closes (assuming your skill set matches the agency)?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                        Hi everyone,

I applied to the March 8th announcement. I am current fed employee.

Roughly speaking, how long does it take to get notified after the vacancy announcement closes (assuming your skill set matches the agency)?

Thanks
                        The first public vacancy was 5 weeks ish

Comment

• Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post
                          The first public vacancy was 5 weeks ish
                          Great, not too long... Thank you!

Comment

I am at excellent, but like others have said, if the interview goes poorly then it doesn't really matter!

Comment

Not saying anyone WILL do this. I am sure you all are fine but getting hired and graduating the academy are two different things. Again show up to the academy in terrible shape, they MAY fail you out at the end if you stay out of shape. Again this will be a very small percentage or even NO candidates that get to the academy, but it needs to be stated. I will re-post my post from 2 pages ago for viewing once again:

I am sure echat meant they will whip you in to shape if you are in avg. shape. DO NOT TAKE WHAT HE/SHE SAID AS A INVITE TO BLOW YOUR FITNESS OFF COMPLETELY. That would be a very poor decision. You technically don't have to score in a certain range on the PT test from what I can recall but you don't want to show up to the academy scoring all "very poor" or "poor" either. There really is no excuse for most of these applicants who I am sure are in the 24-33 year old range to not destroy this test. All you need is a hour a day, sometimes less. Family shouldn't be a reason you aren't PTing. I had a kid and wife before my last academy. I made sure 4 nights a week around 9 when they went to bed, I was doing the PT test for my current job. Single people DEFINITELY HAVE NO EXCUSE. Practice the test in order with no more than 5 min between exercises. That's how they will test you. Sometimes with less time in between. I don't even know why they would hire you if you were in bad shape but they have in the past. Most agencies won't.

We had a girl in my FAM class that was a disaster. She ran her mile and a half in 25+ min. I am not making this up. I still don't know how she was hired. I will say she was cut at the end of the academy and DID NOT graduate. She tried to use the academy to get in shape. I will tell you right now that is a BAD idea. Instructors will target you immediately seeing you are the weak one or one of the weak. Not something you want. Will just make it that much harder. I know a decent amount of the instructors that will be in Atlantic City. They are in killer shape, and will take it as a insult if you show up there not in decent to good shape. I'm sure people will take this with a grain of salt. Still figured worth a shot to save a few from slacking.

Comment

• You can easily fail ACY if your targeted. The grading is all objective during mission training, just be in shape and keep your mouth shut...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10224 users online. 329 members and 9895 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X