Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Esco View Post
    VA is The DC office, suburban DC.
    Is there no FO for Reagan Airport? It's funny how both airports for DC or in VA.
    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ccortez6682 View Post
      I got a blue Starr over referred for selection. What does that mea ?
      I'm sorry for my response. I shouldn't have answered if I didn't have the info. I was trying to lighten the mood. lol
      OUT!!

Comment

• Have my Field Office Assessment day next week. Panel Interview and hopefully if all goes well, my physical agility and subsequent interviews and fingerprint collection. Hopefully my experience as a Police Officer will help me out in the Oral Board.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G30S View Post
            Have my Field Office Assessment day next week. Panel Interview and hopefully if all goes well, my physical agility and subsequent interviews and fingerprint collection. Hopefully my experience as a Police Officer will help me out in the Oral Board.
            You should have no issues.

Comment

• I'm out of the process. I didn't pass the panel interview for the second time in my history of applying with the FAMS. Weird thing is I've passed several panel interviews for local PD's and federal. I know what I did wrong on my interview the first time I applied 5 years ago, but this time I'm at a loss.

Maybe I shouldn't do an interview right before lunch? Maybe I didn't give enough detailed answer? Who knows.

One strange thing is I got no follow up questions, so I don't know how to take that.

I sit in on federal hiring panels for potential new hires so I know what they are looking for and how they grade, so that's the real kick in the ***. I also know that if someone doesn't like you, you aren't going to pass even if you answer correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                I failed the polygraph for US Secret Service, while I was a BOP Correctional Officer. So basically USSS thought I was not trustworthy enough to be a federal LEO but I already was one.
                It always cracks me up when BOP peeps call themselves LEOs. Or, they introduced themselves and say "I work for the Bureau."

Comment

• Originally posted by invertedPanda View Post
                  I'm out of the process. I didn't pass the panel interview for the second time in my history of applying with the FAMS. Weird thing is I've passed several panel interviews for local PD's and federal. I know what I did wrong on my interview the first time I applied 5 years ago, but this time I'm at a loss.

Maybe I shouldn't do an interview right before lunch? Maybe I didn't give enough detailed answer? Who knows.

One strange thing is I got no follow up questions, so I don't know how to take that.

I sit in on federal hiring panels for potential new hires so I know what they are looking for and how they grade, so that's the real kick in the ***. I also know that if someone doesn't like you, you aren't going to pass even if you answer correctly.
                  Sorry to hear that...maybe FAMS wasn't meant to be. Oral panels are the bane of my existence. Iv passed numerous PD panels with flying colors, and failed the FBI phase 2 in August....been downhill since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
                    It always cracks me up when BOP peeps call themselves LEOs. Or, they introduced themselves and say "I work for the Bureau."
                    BOP does do a lot of law enforcement, probably more than most uniform fed LE gigs. CO's have to write statements, ROI's, and collect evidence just like everyone else. And SIS officers do investigative work.

Comment

• I sit in on federal hiring panels for potential new hires so I know what they are looking for and how they grade, so that's the real kick in the ***. I also know that if someone doesn't like you, you aren't going to pass even if you answer correctly.[/QUOTE]

So what are federal hiring panels looking for in applicants?

I read somewhere that 75-80% of FAMS applicants fail the oral board.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post

I read somewhere that 75-80% of FAMS applicants fail the oral board.[/QUOTE]
                        Hey , Hangman
                        I have a question or two if you don't mind answering.
                        For those applicants who passed the FO assessment, do you know when the hiring panel will start making their refered decisions and a time frame for the medical and poly?
                        Also do you know the approximate date for the academy. Thank you in adavance. You can PM me if you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post

I read somewhere that 75-80% of FAMS applicants fail the oral board.[/QUOTE]

Don't believe everything you read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Showed up for my scheduled test and was told I was not in the system for today. They were very friendly as I had my paperwork printed up and showed them I was scheduled for today. They allowed me to reschedule on their computers for April 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                              It's a good thing air marshals primary role isn't investigatory in nature otherwise based on this crop of questions the nations airways would be totally screwed lol. Just bustin chops. Great points though! I think your thread could apply to ALL job vacancy threads. I know I for one have been lazy from time to time and re-asked a question that has been answered a billion times already instead of doing my own due diligence.

If anyone starts asking if Air Marshals get take home cars like on a previous thread you may hear the thud of me beating my head against a wall repeatedly
                              Do Air Marshals get take home cars?

:P

But seriously, we would get to take home our patrol planes right? We would be AIR Marshals after all...

Comment

• has anyone taken the FAM PT test yet? if so, how did you you perform?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9449 users online. 470 members and 8979 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X