Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, folks...im out. Failed the FAB, the fed exam woes continue. probably will stick to focusing on 0132 and 1811 gigs...maybe it's a sign I need to not application spam.

Im clearly qualified for fed work, now it's a a matter of getting one to stick, a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, a fortune cookie, for for me to pass all the exams.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
        well, folks...im out. Failed the FAB, the fed exam woes continue. probably will stick to focusing on 0132 and 1811 gigs...maybe it's a sign I need to not application spam.

Im clearly qualified for fed work, now it's a a matter of getting one to stick, a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, a fortune cookie, for for me to pass all the exams.
        Bummer. Did you read the study guide and look it over and understand it before test day?

And the sticking to 1811 gigs, I think this test was a pretty close companion to 1811 entry tests, though the main difference is on those you get a score that actually matters, as opposed to pass/fail

BP is hiring, come live the dream!
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          Bummer. Did you read the study guide and look it over and understand it before test day?

And the sticking to 1811 gigs, I think this test was a pretty close companion to 1811 entry tests, though the main difference is on those you get a score that actually matters, as opposed to pass/fail

BP is hiring, come live the dream!
          Yessir, I did, indeed. Read the study guide and practiced it. I am pretty positive I know what I did wrong (due to NDA I can't discuss it). All I can say is that what I did wrong has nothing to do with knowledge/skill.

Iv taken a number of 1811 tests and passed, most notably for the FBI. Just a matter of time...something will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
            Yessir, I did, indeed. Read the study guide and practiced it. I am pretty positive I know what I did wrong (due to NDA I can't discuss it). All I can say is that what I did wrong has nothing to do with knowledge/skill.

Iv taken a number of 1811 tests and passed, most notably for the FBI. Just a matter of time...something will happen.
            If there no stipulation on when you can reapply its open for (GA.VA.CA.IL)

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
              If there no stipulation on when you can reapply its open for (GA.VA.CA.IL)
              Handsom, I applied to the NY/Newark as well as GA/VA/CA/IL openings. I haven't checked when I can retake it...but I will.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• i saw the fitness test chart....what do you all think about it?

do you have to get excellent in all categories to get selected? pull-ups are the only one i can get excellent in.....the rest i am either fair or very fair

where do you all stand in the fitness chart?

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
                    i saw the fitness test chart....what do you all think about it?

do you have to get excellent in all categories to get selected? pull-ups are the only one i can get excellent in.....the rest i am either fair or very fair

where do you all stand in the fitness chart?
                    It's not pass/fail. It's just one factor they consider. Do your best, but focus more on the panel and SAC/DSAC interviews first. The FAMS will whip you into shape in training, should you get that far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
                      It's not pass/fail. It's just one factor they consider. Do your best, but focus more on the panel and SAC/DSAC interviews first. The FAMS will whip you into shape in training, should you get that far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I am sure echat meant they will whip you in to shape if you are in avg. shape. DO NOT TAKE WHAT HE/SHE SAID AS A INVITE TO BLOW YOUR FITNESS OFF COMPLETELY. That would be a very poor decision. You technically don't have to score in a certain range on the PT test from what I can recall but you don't want to show up to the academy scoring all "very poor" or "poor" either. There really is no excuse for most of these applicants who I am sure are in the 24-33 year old range to not destroy this test. All you need is a hour a day, sometimes less. Family shouldn't be a reason you aren't PTing. I had a kid and wife before my last academy. I made sure 4 nights a week around 9 when they went to bed, I was doing the PT test for my current job. Single people DEFINITELY HAVE NO EXCUSE. Practice the test in order with no more than 5 min between exercises. That's how they will test you. Sometimes with less time in between. I don't even know why they would hire you if you were in bad shape but they have in the past. Most agencies won't.

We had a girl in my FAM class that was a disaster. She ran her mile and a half in 25+ min. I am not making this up. I still don't know how she was hired. I will say she was cut at the end of the academy and DID NOT graduate. She tried to use the academy to get in shape. I will tell you right now that is a BAD idea. Instructors will target you immediately seeing you are the weak one or one of the weak. Not something you want. Will just make it that much harder. I know a decent amount of the instructors that will be in Atlantic City. They are in killer shape, and will take it as a insult if you show up there not in decent to good shape. I'm sure people will take this with a grain of salt. Still figured worth a shot to save a few from slacking.
                      Last edited by DaShwstoppahbk; 03-06-2016, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Last edited by trdbeast; 12-30-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys looking for a lil help here. Does anyone know when they run your credit report? I am going through a loan modification right now so my account is deliquent but I think it should be cleared up in about two months. I have my FAB test this saturday and hoping my credit isnt run until after the FAB and FO visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumber View Post
                            Hey guys looking for a lil help here. Does anyone know when they run your credit report? I am going through a loan modification right now so my account is deliquent but I think it should be cleared up in about two months. I have my FAB test this saturday and hoping my credit isnt run until after the FAB and FO visit.
                            the answer is clearly outlined on your TSA candidate dashboard

Application Received
                            Met Application Requirements
                            FAMS Assessment Battery
                            Field Office Selection
                            Field Assessment Referred for Selection
                            Selection Decision
                            Conditional Offer
                            Medical Drug Test
                            Pre-appointment Background Check
                            Security Clearance Eligibility
                            Final Offer Welcome to TSA!
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Thanks battlewagon, I did see it says credit check at pre employment background check but I read on another site that they will run your credit before even taking the FAB. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumber View Post
                                Thanks battlewagon, I did see it says credit check at pre employment background check but I read on another site that they will run your credit before even taking the FAB. Thanks again.
                                Could be old info from that site. Back in 2011 they ran my credit info before taking the test. But this time looks like it comes later.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11427 users online. 397 members and 11030 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X