300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by H2oLEO View Post
    I have heard a few different things on pull-ups. How many do you have to do to qualify and is it based on age?
    Here's their Training Guide.

https://hraccess-assessment.tsa.dhs....iningGuide.pdf

Also "There is no minimum required score; however, the fitness evaluation level achieved is a factor considered in the applicant assessment process."
    -FAM Training Guide, pg. 4

ETA: The different rating for "Excellent," "Good," "Fair," "Poor," "Very Poor" are all age based. And pull ups are hands forward or backward.
    Last edited by ra1d3x; 03-03-2016, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• I know someone answered this earlier, but is the run always on a treadmill? Just wondering because I haven't touched a treadmill in over 4 years, as I run outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
        So, I got the following email yesterday...

Thank you for your application for Vacancy Announcement FAM-F16-F001 for the position of Federal Air Marshal, SV-1801-G, with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

We have reviewed your application and determined that you do not meet the minimum eligibility and/or qualifications requirements for this position as outlined in the vacancy announcement. As a result, no further action will be taken on your application under this vacancy announcement.

We appreciate your interest in employment with TSA. Information about other TSA career opportunities is available at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov.

Thank you for your interest and we wish you success in your future career endeavors.

Sincerely,

TSA HRAccess Shared Service Center

You cannot reply to this email. Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach the Transportation Security Administration, therefore please do not reply to this notification. You may call the TSA HRAccess Help Desk with questions at 1-877-872-7990 (TTY 1-877-872-7992).

Today, I get 2 more emails.

This one:

Congratulations, you have met the eligibility requirements set forth in the Job Opportunity Announcement. The next step in the candidate process is for you to take a computer-based test. You are encouraged to schedule an appointment for the computer-based test as soon as possible.

And this one:

Thank you for your application for the position of Federal Air Marshal, SV-1801-G, with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

You are eligible to take the FAMS Assessment Battery (FAB) and should have received a separate email with information on how to self-schedule.

The purpose of this email is to inform you that you must schedule and complete the FAB by March 30, 2016. If you fail to complete the FAB by March 30, 2016, your application for a FAM position under this job opportunity announcement, or any other current FAM job opportunity announcement to which you recently applied, will no longer be in consideration.

So...What in the world? lol
        Run with it, that's TSA for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
          I know someone answered this earlier, but is the run always on a treadmill? Just wondering because I haven't touched a treadmill in over 4 years, as I run outside.
          It's like riding a bike, but you probably should prepare for both.
          OUT!!

Comment

• Took the assessment today and passed. Onto FO visit!
            Last edited by Bliskin; 03-03-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone shed some light on the NYFO ? Without compromising OPSEC, I was just wondering about the office?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccortez6682 View Post
                  Can anyone shed some light on the NYFO ? Without compromising OPSEC, I was just wondering about the office?
                  Imagine a college library. Some faces you'll know, most you won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post
                    Imagine a college library. Some faces you'll know, most you won't.
                    Well alright. Sounds just like the White House, thanks...

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                        Quick Question,

I selected my FO through the candidate dashboard but I did not get to select a date/time to visit the FO.

Will they be contacting me to set up a time or did I screw something up? Thanks.
                        I was wondering this as well, I called TSA HRAccess and was told you will receive a call from the FO for a date/time.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                            It's like riding a bike, but you probably should prepare for both.
                            Yeah, thanks man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                              Quick Question,

I selected my FO through the candidate dashboard but I did not get to select a date/time to visit the FO.

Will they be contacting me to set up a time or did I screw something up? Thanks.
                              Yes. Took almost two weeks for mine to call. Others said they called the next day.
                              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• So after receiving the email saying I was NOT qualified and then following up trying to find out why, I get a call back yesterday saying that I WAS qualified. I'm glad I called lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10187 users online. 487 members and 9700 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X