Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
    Yes, each announcement is separate from each other so if you wanna be considered for certain locations, you have to apply to that specific announcement.



    I applied to the open announcement on 01/11 and received assessment scheduling today, 03/01. PT test consists of pull ups/chin-ups in 1 min, sit ups in 1 min, push ups in 1 min, and 1.5 mile run.

    Once again, does anyone know how soon after passing the assessment can one schedule the FO visit? Specifically how close is the closest date after taking the test to visiting the FO.
    From pages back from another person who took the FAB from the Fed announcement; IIRC, he/she received a call to schedule the FO visit within days of passing the FAB. And the FO visit was within a week or so from the date he/she passed the FAB.

    I'm more interested in how the PFT will be administered; like is the 1.5mi run on a treadmill or on a track (indoor or outdoor?), situps with a partner holding feet or using the situp benches, etc. etc.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BP3 View Post
      This might seem like a dumb question, but for those who took the electronic test, did you wear business attire or casual wear?

      It's technically a part of the interview process, but I don't know if it's required or not.
      Anything you want no one from the government is there. Testing done at contracted private facilities


      Still wondering if the FO visit for the queens/nj announcement will count for the new announcement

      Also, anyone who went already, is the run on a treadmill? Or standard track/blacktop
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


      honor first

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ra1d3x View Post
        From pages back from another person who took the FAB from the Fed announcement; IIRC, he/she received a call to schedule the FO visit within days of passing the FAB. And the FO visit was within a week or so from the date he/she passed the FAB.

        I'm more interested in how the PFT will be administered; like is the 1.5mi run on a treadmill or on a track (indoor or outdoor?), situps with a partner holding feet or using the situp benches, etc. etc.
        Thank you, I must have missed that. Sit ups will be with someone holding feet. Do not know as far as the 1.5 mi run, however I assume outdoor track.

        Comment


        • Just got the email to schedule the electronic test! Super excited as i expected not to hear anything at all. Can someone pm me about what to expect or just general info? Thanks.
          I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

          Comment


          • Quick question: When you schedule your FO visit, are you scheduling for one of the FO's listed in the announcement or for any available?

            Comment


            • Just received my email back from the January announcement saying I met the requirements and to schedule my FAB!

              Comment


              • How difficult is the written test? Is the logical reasoning part like the study guide, as in you can draw a diagram to solve the problems? The grammar and SJT I should be fine.
                CBP Officer

                08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 4ston View Post
                  Quick question: When you schedule your FO visit, are you scheduling for one of the FO's listed in the announcement or for any available?
                  When you are scheduling Through the candidate dashboard you can choose from a list of field offices. I don't know if it's every field office they have since I don't know all of them but it is quite extensive over a dozen I think

                  Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                  How difficult is the written test? Is the logical reasoning part like the study guide, as in you can draw a diagram to solve the problems? The grammar and SJT I should be fine.
                  I posted a very in depth summary a few pages ago after I took it including links to a study guide
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


                  honor first

                  Comment


                  • So, I got the following email yesterday...

                    Thank you for your application for Vacancy Announcement FAM-F16-F001 for the position of Federal Air Marshal, SV-1801-G, with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

                    We have reviewed your application and determined that you do not meet the minimum eligibility and/or qualifications requirements for this position as outlined in the vacancy announcement. As a result, no further action will be taken on your application under this vacancy announcement.

                    We appreciate your interest in employment with TSA. Information about other TSA career opportunities is available at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov.

                    Thank you for your interest and we wish you success in your future career endeavors.

                    Sincerely,

                    TSA HRAccess Shared Service Center

                    You cannot reply to this email. Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach the Transportation Security Administration, therefore please do not reply to this notification. You may call the TSA HRAccess Help Desk with questions at 1-877-872-7990 (TTY 1-877-872-7992).


                    Today, I get 2 more emails.

                    This one:

                    Congratulations, you have met the eligibility requirements set forth in the Job Opportunity Announcement. The next step in the candidate process is for you to take a computer-based test. You are encouraged to schedule an appointment for the computer-based test as soon as possible.

                    And this one:

                    Thank you for your application for the position of Federal Air Marshal, SV-1801-G, with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

                    You are eligible to take the FAMS Assessment Battery (FAB) and should have received a separate email with information on how to self-schedule.

                    The purpose of this email is to inform you that you must schedule and complete the FAB by March 30, 2016. If you fail to complete the FAB by March 30, 2016, your application for a FAM position under this job opportunity announcement, or any other current FAM job opportunity announcement to which you recently applied, will no longer be in consideration.

                    So...What in the world? lol

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                      So, I got the following email yesterday...

                      Thank you for your application for Vacancy Announcement FAM-F16-F001 for the position of Federal Air Marshal, SV-1801-G, with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

                      We have reviewed your application and determined that you do not meet the minimum eligibility and/or qualifications requirements for this position as outlined in the vacancy announcement. As a result, no further action will be taken on your application under this vacancy announcement.

                      We appreciate your interest in employment with TSA. Information about other TSA career opportunities is available at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov.

                      Thank you for your interest and we wish you success in your future career endeavors.

                      Sincerely,

                      TSA HRAccess Shared Service Center

                      You cannot reply to this email. Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach the Transportation Security Administration, therefore please do not reply to this notification. You may call the TSA HRAccess Help Desk with questions at 1-877-872-7990 (TTY 1-877-872-7992).


                      Today, I get 2 more emails.

                      This one:

                      Congratulations, you have met the eligibility requirements set forth in the Job Opportunity Announcement. The next step in the candidate process is for you to take a computer-based test. You are encouraged to schedule an appointment for the computer-based test as soon as possible.

                      And this one:

                      Thank you for your application for the position of Federal Air Marshal, SV-1801-G, with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

                      You are eligible to take the FAMS Assessment Battery (FAB) and should have received a separate email with information on how to self-schedule.

                      The purpose of this email is to inform you that you must schedule and complete the FAB by March 30, 2016. If you fail to complete the FAB by March 30, 2016, your application for a FAM position under this job opportunity announcement, or any other current FAM job opportunity announcement to which you recently applied, will no longer be in consideration.

                      So...What in the world? lol
                      Take it and run.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                        Thank you, I must have missed that. Sit ups will be with someone holding feet. Do not know as far as the 1.5 mi run, however I assume outdoor track.
                        Everything will be indoor. The 1.5 mile will be done on a treadmill.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gamecock92 View Post
                          I applied to the NJ/NY Civilian posting back in November I believe.

                          Anyone know if I should reapply to the new opening if I would rather work out of Chantilly, VA (Dulles) rather than NY/NJ?
                          I'm in the same position. I was invited to attend an information session at a FAM field office and the Hiring dept. told me that it isn't necessary to reapply for the Chantilly, VA announcement. I'm not sure what stage you're in but they said that I would have the opportunity to change my location after my interview/physical next week. Note that there seems to be more openings in New York/New Jersey (limit was 11, 000 applications vs. this announcement's 10,000 limit).

                          Comment


                          • Any idea how soon from the written exam to getting scores to the physical exam? Looking for a time frame as im looking to improve my times and numbers in pushups and pullups and the run.
                            I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                              Any idea how soon from the written exam to getting scores to the physical exam? Looking for a time frame as im looking to improve my times and numbers in pushups and pullups and the run.
                              I took the FAB on Feb. 19th and got scheduled as early as Feb. 25th. Train now. Assume there's no down time.
                              But note that I'm already in the agency so that could be a reason why my application is moving faster than typical.

                              Comment


                              • I have heard a few different things on pull-ups. How many do you have to do to qualify and is it based on age?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9835 users online. 458 members and 9377 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X