Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
      So I still haven't received my invite after passing the test, and I took that about a week after the queens announcement closed. If I apply to the new announcement will I have to take the FAB again? The new locations are a game changer for me.
      Your FAB results should be good for a year, did you reach out to someone. I took my FAB almost a month after the Federal employees announcement closed. And was contacted the very next day after my FAB I even received an email because I missed the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
        How was the fitness test?
        If your in decent shape ,not difficult, the killer is the pull for most people. I don't know when your schedule for your FO, get comfortable with the treadmill as well.

Comment

• For those who scheduled/took the FO visit, how soon after passing the assessment were the closest dates for the FO visit?

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
            Your FAB results should be good for a year, did you reach out to someone. I took my FAB almost a month after the Federal employees announcement closed. And was contacted the very next day after my FAB I even received an email because I missed the call.
            Roger dodger will I inquire

Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
            If your in decent shape ,not difficult, the killer is the pull for most people. I don't know when your schedule for your FO, get comfortable with the treadmill as well.
            Is the run done on a treadmill?
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Well apparently I "didn't meet the minimum requirements" somehow. This was an entry level announcement was it not? I'm a 10 pt vet. That alone should qualify me shouldn't it?? Don't get it...I've been waiting for them to open up the hiring for a while and apparently I didn't have enough.....sigh....

Comment

• Originally posted by DFAB1986 View Post
                Well apparently I "didn't meet the minimum requirements" somehow. This was an entry level announcement was it not? I'm a 10 pt vet. That alone should qualify me shouldn't it?? Don't get it...I've been waiting for them to open up the hiring for a while and apparently I didn't have enough.....sigh....
                Sorry to hear, we'll maybe you can apply to the new annoucement? Maybe something you missed on the app.

Comment

Well apparently I "didn't meet the minimum requirements" somehow. This was an entry level announcement was it not? I'm a 10 pt vet. That alone should qualify me shouldn't it?? Don't get it...I've been waiting for them to open up the hiring for a while and apparently I didn't have enough.....sigh....
                  Are you over 37? If so, and you never served in a covered law enforcement position (6c) that's an automatic disqualifier. FAMS won't grant a waiver for veterans who are over 37 either. Not sure if any of that applies to you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
                    Are you over 37? If so, and you never served in a covered law enforcement position (6c) that's an automatic disqualifier. FAMS won't grant a waiver for veterans who are over 37 either. Not sure if any of that applies to you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                    nope....29

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                      Roger dodger will I inquire

Is the run done on a treadmill?
                      those ^

also, i wonder if the board interview i schedule with PT will carry over to the new announcement. i know someone said yes to the FAB but the other stuff
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

nope....29
                        10 pt vet? You must have answered a question wrong or something did you reapply??

Comment

nope....29
                          10 pt vet!! Wow then you must have answered a question wrong or something did you reapply??I would email them or someone and try and call.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                            10 pt vet!! Wow then you must have answered a question wrong or something did you reapply??I would email them or someone and try and call.
                            I must have done SOMETHING wrong. I answer all questions honestly....maybe that's my problem? I applied for the NJ/NY opening. The current opening would require me to leave the state. With a house, a wife, and 3 kids...not very easy to do. I also realize that this isn't exactly the ideal job for a family person either. I'm just a little irritated that I was told that I didn't meet the minimum requirements when I DO....

I'm currently on the phone with them now so hopefully I get some answers

Comment

• Well, the man I spoke with was very nice but unfortunately he can't see exactly why I was rejected so he is escalating the call for me and I'll get a call back within a few days. When I checked in on the dashboard though it still has the star above the 2nd step but I just assumed it hasn't updated yet. We'll see...

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8459 users online. 453 members and 8006 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X