Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All eQip invites should be out by November 28. There is still a large number to be initiated. Please be patient.

Comment

• Jobannon
      Jobannon commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey brother I sent you a PM I hope that’s ok ?

• Recoil8
      Recoil8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jobannon For sure.

• Ironside33
      Ironside33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone else still not heard anything?

• Ironside33
      Ironside33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just wanted to make sure i didnt miss something. Thanks!
      Last edited by Ironside33; 11-26-2022, 07:24 PM.

• Anyone taken their Poly yet?

Comment

• Has anyone that applied to the October announcement heard anything back yet?

Comment

• Anybody know how far out from your start date you get your packets of important information other than receiving an email about when your start date is and where to show up??

Comment

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the likelihood of that bill passing the Senate is very low. Probably in the 5 or 6 percent range. It passed the house along party lines (not a difficult task) but took over a year to do so. The true hurdle will be to get 60 votes in the Senate in 3 months before the session expires. Keep in mind the Senate only has about 38 legislative calendar days left in the year and a similar bill has been sitting in the Senate for almost 1.5 years. The house bill was referred to the senate after passage in the house back in early May and there has been no movement. The good news is it will only be a short wait to find out.

If it does pass it will be a huuuuge pay increase.

Its probably much more likely that a similar bill (perhaps a bit watered down) passes in the future (5,10 or 15 years) to convert employees to the General Schedule. I can say confidently that the only way FAMS will go to GS 13 is if there is verbiage directing the grade in any legislation that passes. If the position is analyzed by OPM there is almost zero chance of a 13. Best case scenario would be a GS 12 and quite possibly a GS 11 if graded by OPM.

At this point.. this bill is pretty much dead barring some kind of biblical miracle. Probably very unlikely to be taken up in the next congress.

“Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
          DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

8675309 commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess I will have to politely disagree coming from a prior 6c GS-11 position. There is more to the job than just flying, with other teams to be involved with that Investigate, execute warrants, and work with other alphabet teams on cases. And being tasked to help with other agencies EG USSS & BP/CBP adds to the responsibilities given. Thank you for the quick response

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries. Nothing is set in stone just my 2 cents. This from a current 12d GS 12 that’s already hit my 20 covered (it’s actually 12d for FERS employees. 6c is for CSRS). Been privy to see PDs and how OPM rates these positions. If the bulk of FAMS are doing a majority (over 50 percent of their time) doing some of the tasks you mentioned (TF, executing warrants) then I could see a GS 12. But if it’s a small percentage of the work force doing those assignments as I suspect it would be a heavy lift.

8675309 commented
            Editing a comment
            By the way, with the passing of the spending bill, air marshals now get mirroring pay to GS 11,12 and 13.

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s awesome for you guys..

• Hey guys. I just took my polygraph on the 5th in Detroit and I am now waiting on my results. Anyone have any idea how long it's supposed to take to hear back? Will I receive an email or a phone call?

Comment

• Mr. Young
            Mr. Young commented
            Editing a comment
            Greetings,

Each polygraph exam is different and varies from person to person. Depends on how long your polygraph exam took, if there are any irregularities or concerns. You should get a good feeling if you did well. Then there’s time you felt you like there were things you didn’t disclosed. Whatever you provided during your SF86 and all the documents about your application process are being reviewed and studied prior to your appointment. The polygrapher already have a good amount of information on you. The questions being asked is to verify what you put down down during your application process.

Some only takes about a few hours from start to finish, others could take all day, and depending how far back they want to go. My polygraph test took a bit longer than 8 hours with a 30 minute’s lunch break in between. However, it’s different for each person being examined. I don’t know if there’s an exact time frame for the results but my results came back within a week and a condition offer was given 48 hours after my polygraph results were final.

Some have to go back for round 2, but if you failed or non conclusive then you should get an email within 2 weeks or less. But like I said, it’s not all the same. Good luck.

V/r

• Does anyone have any updates on the recent announcement? Is anyone interested in a signal chat for additional information dissemination?

Comment

• Hey guys, I hope you are all doing well. After taking my polygraph on the 5th of December I just received an email today unfortunately stating that I have been found unfit for federal employment with TSA at this time. I did however receive a Notice of Further Medical Evaluation from the Medical Office a few days ago to gather more information from the VA and mail it out to them. Should I proceed with doing that? Also, how long do I have to wait now till I am eligible to reapply? Thanks again for everything guys and good luck to those who pass. Have a Merry Christmas y'all.

Comment

• Mr. Young
              Mr. Young commented
              Editing a comment
              Greetings,

Unfortunately, the poly is the biggest hurdle most people have to overcome in order to get a final conditional offer. I know back in 2015-2016, many people didn’t get selected because of the polygraph. If there was some uncertainty, they would have scheduled a second polygraph. However, the polygraph is a show stopper for the hiring process.

V/r
              Mr. Young

• Sparky06mi
              Sparky06mi commented
              Editing a comment
              Check your pm. Thanks

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Did it say specifically because of polygraph, or because of medical, or no reason?

• Mr. Young
              Mr. Young commented
              Editing a comment
              Greetings Jordan,

When one door closes, more will open. I am currently in the FAM Service, but I am I want to move to 1811 side of the house. Since you didn’t get the results you have hoped for. One job opening just posted on USAJOBS for Criminal Investigator 1811. With US Fish and Wildlife Service Special Agent GS-13. If selected, they send new hire to CITP to get certified as a criminal investigator. Look up the announcement. Required only Psychological examination, not Polygraph.

V/r
              Mr. Young

Announcement number
              R9-23-11777325-JH (MP)
              Control number

• Did they give you a reason why?

Comment

• Originally posted by 8675309 View Post
              By the way, with the passing of the spending bill, air marshals now get mirroring pay to GS 11,12 and 13.
              Hello,

This is somewhat good news for the FAMS and some already rescinded their retirements packets and ride out for the high three. I don’t blame them one bit. There’s a catch to this internalized pay increase that might take place in 2023 possibly May/June. The only downside is that it’s internal and not going to be reciprocal (recognized) with other agencies. So even though getting GS-13 pay is nice, it will be harder for new hire that comes in this hiring cycle to apply for a lateral rate as GS-13 elsewhere.

So for those that are currently in that has at least 52 weeks working SV 1801 in I-Band, it would not affect them. However, the new hire will either remain with the agency or in the event they move to a different agency, they will have to go back to entry level as GS-7/9. Hopefully, OPM will acknowledge the pay increase and spell it out in the SF-50, but I doubt it.

v/r

Comment

• Mr. Young
                Mr. Young commented
                Editing a comment
                $183500 is the cap. This is why most will stick around for a while longer. It’s a great gig, even with some of the SWB missions, but overall still a great agency to get on. It’s not for everyone but a good experience for sure.

• Mandony
                Mandony commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to know FAMS are getting the 13th, but I believe even if someone leaves FAMS after some years for entry gs7/9, it will be matched as gs7 step 10 or gs9 step 10!

• Exbpa340
                Exbpa340 commented
                Editing a comment
                Very good news for TSA but it doesn’t move the workforce under title V. Will be interesting to see how TSA crafts pay policy (with OPM I assume). Please keep everyone posted how things end up. Would be nice to see some sort of step system at each pay band. It doesn’t appear to be all that TSA wanted when compared to the stand alone bill and $$$ but Either way it’s very good news for the rank and file.
                Last edited by Exbpa340; 12-24-2022, 02:27 PM.

• rackrace1136
                rackrace1136 commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct. The TSA isn’t under Title V.

As I understand it, TSA is moving towards strict mirroring of the General Schedule, including the regular step increases. Initially, pay will be elevated according to current grade and time in grade. So a FAM at the bottom of the I band who has been working for 13 years would start getting GS13 step 6 or 7 pay starting July and continue as if they were always on the GS scale. This is the word on the street.

Here is what’s less clear to me, so don’t take it as gospel. TSA has the authority to make any pay structure they want. And as I understand it, the catch is that the funding for the pay has to be appropriated yearly as a line item and the legislature could conceivably decide to simply decline to fund it, and force the agency to make do with less money and blow up the whole pay system in a way that couldn’t be done with Title V proper.

I could be wrong. If anyone knows better, let me know.

• https://www.oakleysi.com/en-us/produ...t=888896029882

Would this fly at FAMS basic academy?? Trying to buy a decent pair of boots before I start.

Happy new year everyone!

Comment

• Mr. Young
                Mr. Young commented
                Editing a comment
                Greetings,

Any black boots will work. Some even wear boot/sneakers hybrid style too. It’s good for the academy and will work for when you have other assignments or training events.

Just get something that’s comfortable, depending on what time of year you are attending the academy, the sun can beams a lot of heat on your boots making it uncomfortable under the heat while outdoors at the range. I remembered I had to keep wiping the back of my calves/pants area to dissipated the heat.

You will be doing combative training, shooting at the range, building clearing, getting MACE, sometimes PT in them so just get something comfortable. Get some boot polish kit too to keep your boots looking good as you train at FLETC in Artesia, NM.

Good luck,

• kkb0193
                kkb0193 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the feedback sir!

• Has anyone applied to the recent opening back in October? I applied on October 3rd but haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Jobannon
                Jobannon commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing yet from my understanding the FAMS academy is full right now so maybe we’ll hear something around February or March.( I applied Oct 3rd as well)

• Anyone that filled out their eQIP in December still waiting on call for polygraph and medical?

Comment

• Just received the invitation to take the FAB anyone else ?

Comment

• For those that got their eQIPs in November or December, how long did it take for the polygraph call to come in?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2509 users online. 130 members and 2379 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X