Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody from that recently got a CO get there eqip invite yet ?

Comment

• MerJ68
      MerJ68 commented
      Editing a comment
      soflo5 did you just get it?

• cafetwostep
      cafetwostep commented
      Editing a comment
      Received a link with a registration code for eqip. Still waiting on eqip email to start it.

• soflo5
      soflo5 commented
      Editing a comment
      MerJ68 I got mine 10/19. Deadline is the 11/2 so I assume you’d get it soon

• MerJ68
      MerJ68 commented
      Editing a comment
      soflo5 thank you for sharing. I received CO 10/12, hopefully I get mine soon.

• Is anyone else having issues with the candidate portal??

Comment

• MerJ68
      MerJ68 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just tried and it did not work.

• GKaur
      GKaur commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine has been stuck since the picking of office for the interview. However, they’ve been doing everything through email.

• MerJ68
      MerJ68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, same. But the site seems to be down now. Perhaps they fixing it.

• ghost1393
      ghost1393 commented
      Editing a comment
      kkb0193 I spoke to someone in FAMS that said it was broken and not to base anything off the Portal. Mine has been frozen for months and I've already gotten my Conditional, e-Quip, and fingerprints, since. So don't base anything off the portal. BUT, I'd still check it every once in a while, just to be safe.

• I received a conditional offer for Chicago but I currently live in Florida. Are you able to transfer field offices? Or what’s the timeline in how many years you need before you are eligible for transfer? Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Comment

• Recoil8
      Recoil8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Transfers are based on agency priority. Once you become I-Band you can put in for a transfer. There’s no guarantee but the current Director is pretty on board with quality of life. He approved every one last cycle. You can request it once you receive FJO but unless it’s NYC, SFO or LAX you likely won’t be considered.

• Hello All, I made a rookie mistake last time around and applied for only two offices. No surprise that I got the letter saying said offices were filled.

So reapplied for all offices this time around. I assume I'll get the same emails soon about being "considered" and what not.

As far as a second application goes, do I have to retake the FAB and Panel Interview again? I know the Physical is required which is cool because I'm aiming to crush all four tests this time around.

Comment

• soflo5
      soflo5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same scenario happened to me. You only have to do the PT test again.

• ghost1393
      ghost1393 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think if you have done specific things within 2 years, you can skip them. I only applied for 1 office and got lucky and got it.

• Hey y’all, just accepted a CO and I am super excited to be this close to my dream job at such a young age. I have to admit that I am nervous for my polygraph, not because I’m trying to hide anything but the fact that I have a history with drug use when I was 17 years old, I know some agencies have a hard cutoff with years since use but I could not find any with this position. It sucks that I did this and I can’t take back my mistakes, I just hope I can show whoever is assessing me that that is no longer who I am. Being so young I had no idea what repercussions those actions would have on me. I’m currently in law enforcement now so I hope that helps my case but we will see. Just wanted to get that off my chest since It’s really embarrassing for me to tell others. But enough of my rant, congratulations to everyone who has made it this far, and good luck to everyone who is applying in the future. If I don’t make it this round I’ll be back!

Comment

• OntheRock91
      OntheRock91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the normal requirements are 10 years since using any hard drugs except for Marijuana. Marijuana is 3 or 5yrs on average, depending on the agency. Prescription meds I believe is 5yrs on average, depending on agency. Good luck in the process.

• Slated to attend FLETC in Jan. What kind of tactical boots should I pack?? Are they only allowing black boots??

Comment

• Raiders44
      Raiders44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just wondering what announcement did you apply for, date wise?

• kkb0193
      kkb0193 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for two announcements. One back in OCT 2021 and one in Jan 2022. Received TJO for two different field offices.

• Anybody who recently completed their Eqip get scheduled for medical or poly yet ?

Comment

• cafetwostep
      cafetwostep commented
      Editing a comment
      Accepted CO in October. Completed eqip last week.

• ghost1393
      ghost1393 commented
      Editing a comment
      cafetwostep I got my e-Quip last week and completed it same day. I did my fingerprints today. So, HOPEFULLY I'll hear about my Poly and Medical soon, bc I hear once you get through those, things really start to speed up.

• Raiders44
      Raiders44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting to hear back accepted CO 10/12

• ghost1393
      ghost1393 commented
      Editing a comment
      cafetwostep I got the call yesterday to schedule my poly and medical. Much quicker than I had expected.

• Late post but got the call Friday morning! Best of luck to y'all!

Timeline
    Applied: 10/10/2021
    Exam: 12/2021
    Interview/PT: 02/2022
    Medical: 06/2022
    Poly: 07/2022
    Drug Test: 10/2022
    Call: 11/2022

Comment

• kkb0193
      kkb0193 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats and which FO did you get?? I'll prob run into you at the academy in Jan!

• Anyone that applied in September 2022 hear any word yet? I applied in March and the listing was cancelled after a bit so i had to reapply again. Candidate portal has been stuck at 9% and have no clue what the status is. Thanks
    USPIS: (1st attempt)
    Applied: 09/2018
    First Test: 09/2018
    SF-86 Submitted: 10/2018
    Second Test/IE Exchange: 12/2018
    AC: 03/2019

USPIS: (2nd attempt)
    Applied: 07/2022
    First Test: 07/2022
    SF-86 Submitted: 07/2022

FAMS:
    Applied: 03/2022

CBP:
    Applied: 04/10/2019
    Entry Exam: 04/17/2019
    Exam NOR: 04/19/2019
    NOR for referral: 05/02/2019

Comment

• MerJ68
      MerJ68 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you should hear sometime soon, all communication happens via email. Candidate portal does not really work, so don’t focus too much on it. I applied in March and I didn’t hear back for a few months. Test was taken in July and interview in September. CO accepted mid last month. Now waiting for next steps.

• Hi guys - how do we have to score in order to pass the PTA? Do I have to get at least “fair” in each category? So far I have problem in passing the pull up..
    Last edited by the1i11tething; 11-12-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Jrac
      Jrac commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no pass or fail per say. Your score is simply ranked against everyone else.

Pull-ups were my weakest as well. I went from not being able to do none to being able to do a set of twelve. Just work on them everyday and add on as you get comfortable.

• ghost1393
      ghost1393 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jrac and the1i11tething they allowed my group to do chin-ups, rather than pull-ups if you wanted to. they also let us chalk up if we wanted too. Everyone was super cool and encouraging you, unlike some of the other ones I've done for other agencies.

• windsor26
      windsor26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by windsor26; 11-16-2022, 10:44 AM.

• Anybody still waiting on their eQIP that got their CO in October?

Comment

• ghost1393
      ghost1393 commented
      Editing a comment
      GKaur - Atlanta

• windsor26
      windsor26 commented
      Editing a comment
      ghost1393 Are you having to travel far for your medical and/or poly?

• Ironside33
      Ironside33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any news? I am still waiting as well accepted my CO on 10/14

• GKaur
      GKaur commented
      Editing a comment
      Ironside33 I received my eqip early this morning via email.
      In the same email was link to sign up for fingerprints.

• Now that I finally was granted access to post, I want to share my timeline as well:

Applied-03/2022
    Written test-07/2022
    Interview/PTA-08/2022
    CO received and accepted-10/2022
    eQIP received and completed+fingerprints taken-11/2022

Currently waiting on Poly+Medical. Good luck to everyone! As someone who has no law enforcement background, I'm super excited to start my career!!!

Comment

• Anyone heard anything back on the Fall 2022 application process? I think I get to skip the written this time around, but I'm curious to know if I'll get a notification when the process starts.

Comment

• How’s it going gentlemen. I officially got the go-ahead to start posting.
        Im currently working for Border Patrol and already have my background investigation done through them, it should be good for another year. I applied to the last FAMS opening but haven’t heard anything yet. Do you guys know about how long it takes if you’re coming from a different agency ?

Comment

• Mr. Young
          Mr. Young commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

When transferring or transitioning from one agency to another, you have to go through the same rigorous process just like everyone else. It’s just how the process works and no favorable conditions are present. This is also true for FAMS that leave the agency to like NCOS and want to return back to the FAMS, the only exception if hired you don’t have to return to FLETC and Phase 2 of the training.

Those that have FLETC done but not FAMS, and approved if hired will have skipped FLETC and go to Phase 2 of the training. Good luck with your process!

V/r
          Mr Young (current FAM)

• Hey everyone finally got access to post!
        I accepted my CO on 10/14 and havent heard anything since, I didn't know if anyone else was still waiting to hear anything about the next steps as well. Anyone that has received further instruction did you receive it through email as well? Im assuming its just a waiting game? I wanted to make sure there were no other steps i had to take on my end to get the process rolling. Thanks!

Comment

• windsor26
          windsor26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the eQIP and fingerprinting info via email

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4113 users online. 229 members and 3884 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X