Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from the March '22 posting hear anything at all yet? Still at the "application received" stage.
    USPIS: (1st attempt)
    Applied: 09/2018
    First Test: 09/2018
    SF-86 Submitted: 10/2018
    Second Test/IE Exchange: 12/2018
    AC: 03/2019

USPIS: (2nd attempt)
    Applied: 07/2022
    First Test: 07/2022
    SF-86 Submitted: 07/2022

FAMS:
    Applied: 03/2022

CBP:
    Applied: 04/10/2019
    Entry Exam: 04/17/2019
    Exam NOR: 04/19/2019
    NOR for referral: 05/02/2019

Comment

• DJGRAMBO
      DJGRAMBO commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah did interview and physical test now just waiting

• GKaur
      GKaur commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. Interviewed and physical was completed mid last month!

• Did anyone get a call yet?

Comment

• 2september
      2september commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of people have. The first of the classes started today which means they probably got their final offers a few weeks ago

• beachhead1979
      beachhead1979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my call yesterday. Good Luck to all!
      Last edited by beachhead1979; 09-06-2022, 12:08 PM.

• NWcountry31
      NWcountry31 commented
      Editing a comment
      beachhead1979. Congrats!!

• Got the call!

Comment

• kkb0193
      kkb0193 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats brother!

• beachhead1979
      beachhead1979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! What class you get?

• Snunamaker
      Snunamaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too! Any idea what class you are?

• The ones that got a call with an academy when did you guys apply? I applied back in November turned in my eqip and haven’t herd anything yet .

Comment

• smokeybear83
      smokeybear83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everyone getting final offers should be from the announcement toward the end of last year. I believe the next announcement (from Jan/Feb of this year) is going through the interviews/PT tests now.

• I applied back in November and just got offered for class date
    Last edited by beachhead1979; 09-06-2022, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Hi, besides boots… any packing tips from former or current FAMS who’ve already gone through training? They haven’t told us much and I want to be prepared. First day is 9/11! Fitting. Thanks!

Comment

• I got the DC office…

Comment

• New announcement opening on the 15th. Can anyone give some insight as to how often one would expect to move/relocate with them? I understand you travel very frequently (obviously, duh) but I am referring to changing duty stations/FOs…

Comment

• Recoil8
          Recoil8 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are eligible to put in for transfer during open announcement after 3 years with no guarantee that location is open for transfers. It is also seniority based. LA, SFO and NYFO are all hard to fills so the likely hood of that transfer is good. My advice, if you want to get hired - apply for all vacancies however, if you are not willing to relocate ONLY apply for the cities you are willing to work out of. Keep in mind it is extremely competitive. If ATL or CLT is only accepting 2 new hires, and 500 people apply to those locations, you need to be at the top of that list. The FAB score, interview, and Vet preference are all taken into consideration. Hope that helps.

• https://www.usajobs.gov/job/677471100

Comment

• USMC86
          USMC86 commented
          Editing a comment
          dom_v I think you do but after the academy.
          Last edited by USMC86; 09-15-2022, 10:49 AM.

• Mandony
          Mandony commented
          Editing a comment
          If you’re still in the process from previous announcement do you need to re-apply?

• USMC86
          USMC86 commented
          Editing a comment
          dom_v that I don’t know

• Recoil8
          Recoil8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mandony It's extra insurance.

• Originally posted by flawdaboi View Post
        New announcement opening on the 15th. Can anyone give some insight as to how often one would expect to move/relocate with them? I understand you travel very frequently (obviously, duh) but I am referring to changing duty stations/FOs…
        This year they opened up two VLPs and from what SFAMs have told me, no one's was denied. This seems it will be the pattern for the next few years until they get back to full manpower with all the retirements.

Comment

• Just applied for the third time! This is crazy. I hope the third time is a charm!

Comment

• MerJ68
            MerJ68 commented
            Editing a comment
            How far did you get before?

• Anybody know how long it takes after completing the field office assessment to hear back? Will it show up in my portal?

Comment

• Recoil8
            Recoil8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those selected to move forward should hear mid-late October. If you are selected you will receive an invite to complete and submit eQIP.

• From what I gather, highly likely FAMS will be moving to the GS scale and journey at 13. This is a great opportunity and the agency is changing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRONHORSE56 View Post
          From what I gather, highly likely FAMS will be moving to the GS scale and journey at 13. This is a great opportunity and the agency is changing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the likelihood of that bill passing the Senate is very low. Probably in the 5 or 6 percent range. It passed the house along party lines (not a difficult task) but took over a year to do so. The true hurdle will be to get 60 votes in the Senate in 3 months before the session expires. Keep in mind the Senate only has about 38 legislative calendar days left in the year and a similar bill has been sitting in the Senate for almost 1.5 years. The house bill was referred to the senate after passage in the house back in early May and there has been no movement. The good news is it will only be a short wait to find out.

If it does pass it will be a huuuuge pay increase.

Its probably much more likely that a similar bill (perhaps a bit watered down) passes in the future (5,10 or 15 years) to convert employees to the General Schedule. I can say confidently that the only way FAMS will go to GS 13 is if there is verbiage directing the grade in any legislation that passes. If the position is analyzed by OPM there is almost zero chance of a 13. Best case scenario would be a GS 12 and quite possibly a GS 11 if graded by OPM.
          Last edited by Exbpa340; 09-24-2022, 01:45 PM.
          “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
          DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Could any FAMs that recently got hired and finished with the academy DM me? Have a non-OPSEC question…

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4386 users online. 295 members and 4091 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X