Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received an email to get BI going.

Comment

• NCjoejoe
      NCjoejoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I was about to say the same thing.

• Hopeful224
      Hopeful224 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just received an email too.

• smokeybear83
      smokeybear83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven’t received the BI email but accepted my COE. Anyone else still waiting?
      Last edited by smokeybear83; 03-29-2022, 12:31 PM.

• Must be a blanket email.
    I received too.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I've been lurking this forum and reading a lot of firsthand accounts of Polys. Has anyone unsuccessfully passed a poly with another agency (CBP in the cases of most people) but still managed to go through the FAMS process? Or has it been a complete dealbreaker for people?

Comment

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        NCMatt Poly doesn't factor into getting a CO though, they don't even factor that till you get into the BG/Poly stage.

• NCMatt
        NCMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I get that, I wouldn't think they would factor that in anyways. In my situation atleast. A failed poly with DHS they might consider that and question you about it, but depending on the circumstances they should let you through.

• Ruby_112
        Ruby_112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. They're starting backgrounds soon, so looks like I will have to wait and see.

• Ruby_112
        Ruby_112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Update: Was able to take poly despite an unfavorable result from another agency. It has been a little less than a year since I took my last poly.

• Anyone know if they’ll send you an email either way like I know those that got their COs already got theirs but will they send rejection emails too?

Comment

• green_machine22
        green_machine22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sure a notification will go out either way. They usually do. Usually rejections go out before COLs so you’re probably fine.

• NCMatt
        NCMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just wondering. I had a DHS poly and background check back in 2019 so i am not sure if that plays into it or not, because I noticed they mentioned if you had one in the last three years it could carry over.

• Im in the same boat. I accepted my COE but have yet to hear anything on the BI.

Comment

• You think COs will go out with this announcement closing today or will they do the whole process again?

Comment

• Anyone check USA Jobs? When you click your application or "track this application", my '21 application isn't on there unless you click "All". Let me know if you check.

Comment

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same with mine, I don’t think they use that system other than just transferring documents and doing the questionnaire. There’s another portal they are supposedly using for your up to date status but mine has been sitting at 9% the whole time.

http://candidates.tsa.dhs.gov/

The email you got for the BI, was it just the contact info they requested or a link to the e-QIP?
            Last edited by smokeybear83; 04-06-2022, 09:58 PM.

• NCMatt
            NCMatt commented
            Editing a comment
            Both of mine are still there. Hmmm

• NCMatt
            NCMatt commented
            Editing a comment
            So they removed the FAM-22-002 app and kept the FAM-22-001? Weird?

• ghambone
            ghambone commented
            Editing a comment
            The newest is there still. The original where I have a conditional is gone.

• Man I really hope I don’t have to start this process over, I received an email this morning stated they finally received my application for the newest announcement.

Comment

• Got the EQIP notification on Friday.

Comment

• I got the notification this morning, like midnight, as well stating my application was received for the new announcement. Looks like EQIPs are going out though so I'll be on the lookout for that. I chose different field offices the 2nd go round, I'm hoping that'll be taken into consideration

Comment

• I received the email about my application being received for the newest announcement but I have not received an EQIP notification yet. Hopefully that comes this week!

Comment

• Has anyone else gotten the same “application received” email multiple times. I’ve received the same email 4 times already.

Comment

• Insatiable
                    Insatiable commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Only 2 times for me. Update: 4 times in total now.
                    Last edited by Insatiable; 04-13-2022, 09:02 AM.

• User uno
                    User uno commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Insatiable system must be acting up. Thanks for the reply

• NCMatt
                    NCMatt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got three

• kvasir
                    kvasir commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, feels like spam now.

• I'm confused on the posting announcements. On USAJOBS it says I applied for FAMS 21-002 and FAMS 22-002, on the candidate dashboard it says I applied for FAMS 22-001 and FAMS 22-002. The first one I applied for in October, and the second I applied for in March. Anyone have clarification on this. I didn't get a CO and I'm not sure I will but it would be nice to know what is up with the job announcements.

Comment

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The 21-002 and 22-001 are the same, I believe there was just a typo somewhere. All of the correspondence I've received since the application has been 22-001 and that was for the application I submitted in September.
                    Last edited by smokeybear83; 04-14-2022, 04:47 PM.

• NCMatt
                    NCMatt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, I’m not giving up hope I still have a chance with this latest announcement, I just don’t have the military background they are looking for.

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would assume that they're looking to bring on a good number of people since it has been 20 years post 9/11 (a lot of retirements), so if you didn't get an offer for the first announcement you should realistically only have to do the PTA at a field office again in a few months and be part of the next hiring group.

I don't have a military background, just law enforcement, so it seems they take some variety of people further into the process.

• NCMatt
                    NCMatt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have six years of LEO. But it is what it is. I’ll have my masters in National Security homeland security at the end of this year so something will open up.

• EQIP received

Comment

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I received the code email from OPM the other day but haven’t received a link yet, did you get both?

• kvasir
                    kvasir commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I saw a link in the TSA Candidate Portal, maybe try that?

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Found the link but it gave me an error trying to create a new account, maybe they haven't finished activating everyone in the system?
                    Last edited by smokeybear83; 04-14-2022, 05:09 PM.

• what is the typical schedule/work week like for a FAM?

Comment

• Ruby_112
                    Ruby_112 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I asked a FAM once they told me it was a regular 5-day work week but he did not really specify on the hours. Could vary depending on flights I am guessing.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2152 users online. 126 members and 2026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X