• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do FAMs get take home vehicles?

Comment

• Kraut0783
      Kraut0783 commented
      Editing a comment
      Generally no, but there are FAM's that are over the day to day issues at an airport...TSA complaints, Assault on TSA employees...etc and they have take home vehicles.

• User uno
      User uno commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Kraut0783, do you know if there is still a requirement to live within 50 miles of the office? I heard 50 miles was the furthest you could live If the agency issues take home vehicles. I live about 55 miles away from the Field Office I applied to.

• Kraut0783
      Kraut0783 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I have no idea about that. But, that it's one FAM covering a large airport.....hard slot to get.
      Last edited by Kraut0783; 03-09-2022, 08:45 PM.

• davidjbar
      davidjbar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you have to live within 50 miles of the airport to get a take home ride. Some GBAs you can't apply to if you live outside that range.

• Just saw the forum today…do we have to reapply even if we didn’t receive an email indicating such?

Comment

• Charioce
      Charioce commented
      Editing a comment
      U2u green_machine22 but it would be safer to just reapply.

• Probably not a bad idea. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Anybody got any word on what they're doing with the previous JOA applicants?

Comment

• NCMatt
        NCMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I was wondering the same thing but just going to wait it out.

• I was waiting to heart if I was referred after my interview and PT test and its been about a month. Saw the new announcement and emailed TSA and the FAMS office where I interviewed. The Marshal said go ahead and reapply because that hiring phase was already closed around the first of March

Comment

• NCMatt
        NCMatt commented
        Editing a comment
        I reapplied, but I’m confused as to whether I’m going to have to do my FAB, FOA, and PT assessment again or will it pick up at where I am in the process. Did they say anything about that to you?

• NCjoejoe
        NCjoejoe commented
        Editing a comment
        This is from the announcement.

ALL APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED UNDER ANY PREVIOUS FEDERAL AIR MARSHAL ANNOUNCEMENT MUST REAPPLY UNDER THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION. Applicants who previously applied to the FAM-F22-F001 Job Opportunity Announcements should note that FAM Assessment Battery and Panel Interview assessment results (pass or fail) will carry over to the hiring process for this hiring effort. Applicants may not re-take the FAMS Assessment Battery or Panel Interview in order to improve the outcome of their previous results.

• I saw that in the announcement also but the guy I talked to who walked me through the interview just said reapply to this announcement. I would like to retake the PT test though if they would let me

Comment

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        The way it should work is you will only go back to the field office to sit down with the FAM in charge for a few minutes and then do the PT.

That’s how it was set up for those who reapplied in 2021 and had passed in the 2020 announcement but did not get conditional offers.
        Last edited by smokeybear83; 03-11-2022, 04:58 PM.

• Originally posted by beachhead1979 View Post
      I saw that in the announcement also but the guy I talked to who walked me through the interview just said reapply to this announcement. I would like to retake the PT test though if they would let me
      I doubt it's even gonna be that. I'm pretty sure everybody who was referred on the last go around will go straight to that step on the current JOA.

Comment

• Has anyone’s tracker changed yet?

Comment

• Hopeful224
          Hopeful224 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. Mine is still sitting at 27%

• Looks like conditional offers are starting to go out for October applicants. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• MRAGE10
          MRAGE10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Delete post
          Last edited by MRAGE10; 03-17-2022, 01:09 AM.

• My candidate portal is still at 9%, even with the FOA complete. Weird…

Comment

• Originally posted by kvasir View Post
          Looks like conditional offers are starting to go out for October applicants. Good luck everyone!
          How did you find that out?

Comment

• kvasir
            kvasir commented
            Editing a comment
            I got an offer via email.

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you apply again to the current vacancy or did you only apply to the original one from October?

• kvasir
            kvasir commented
            Editing a comment
            smokeybear83 I applied to both and the conditional offer says it is for the FAM-22-F001 announcement, which is weird because neither of the announcements I applied for have that code.

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they had a typo somewhere with that first announcement code but I was still confused as to why they opened up the second one and it said everyone had to reapply. I’ve had no other contact yet so who knows.

• Double post
          Last edited by smokeybear83; 03-16-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Do agencies only give conditional offers to people that they WILL hire if they pass the medical and B.I. or do they give conditional offers to people who meet the bare minimum and then decide on who they will hire later?

Comment

• smokeybear83
              smokeybear83 commented
              Editing a comment
              It should just be those who they will end up hiring pending completion of medical and background and whatever else. For the 2020 announcement I did not receive a conditional and didn’t move forward in the process.

• Grey De Leon
              Grey De Leon commented
              Editing a comment
              It states on the conditional offer, if you meet all prerequisite requirements. So just because your get a CO doesn’t meant you’ll get a FO.

• Originally posted by kvasir View Post
            I got an offer via email.
            How long has it been since you completed the FOA to now with getting the CO? congratulations as well for moving onto the next step!

Comment

• kvasir
              kvasir commented
              Editing a comment
              Hopeful224 3 weeks approximately.

• Charioce
              Charioce commented
              Editing a comment
              kvasir I took mine the day before the cutoff for the 2021 JOA so hopefully they're going in order of testing.

• Anyone know when they will stop with the COs?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2114 users online. 124 members and 1990 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X