Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished my FOA today. Passed the interviews and scored well in every category (Except the run. I scored in the “fair” range). Anyone looking for any advice, here’s my 2 cents:

Dont over think any of it. Answer every question with confidence and look the interviewers in the eye. Have several situations to pull from (work experience, lifestyle, etc.). Don’t train for PT only on the treadmill. I saw in an older post that they’re “all done on the tread mill at 1%”…. That’s not true. Also, don’t make any excuses or complain if you’re struggling with something on the PT test. If you’re prior law enforcement or military, you know this already. 2 months training in Artesia, NM and then 2 months in New Jersey (if you recently completed a FLETC training academy, dependent on what academy, the 2 months in Artesia can be waived). You still have to take the polygraph and medical regardless if you’ve passed a poly in the last few years.

good luck to everyone! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Just to give everyone a heads up on this the Poly/Med is done in two locations the last announcement it was CA-LA/NJ-AC so factor that in, FAM-TSA does not cover your expense.
      Last edited by Grey De Leon; 02-12-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Finished my FOA as well, highly recommended per the SAC. So what happens now? Call? Email?

Comment

• App - 9/20

Met App Req - 10/20

FAM Battery - 10/20

Field Office - 10/20

Field Office Assessment - 12/20

Ref for Hiring - 2/21

Selection Decision - 3/21

Conditional Offer - 3/21

SF86 - 4/21

Med/Poly - 8/21

Final Offer - 9/21

My full timeline for those who are interested.
        Last edited by Grey De Leon; 02-25-2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Hopeful224
          Hopeful224 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, thanks for posting this! Did you find out the same day that you were referred for hiring after completing your FOA? Did you receive an email?

• Grey De Leon
          Grey De Leon commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopeful224 it was like 1-2 months between FOA and RFH. And yea it was an email.
          Last edited by Grey De Leon; 02-25-2022, 06:19 PM.

• Good morning everyone,

I had my FOA last week and everything went well including PTA.

Are there any veterans here who has active TS/SCI and was able to waive polygraph examination?

DHS.jpg

Comment

• Grey De Leon
          Grey De Leon commented
          Editing a comment
          kkb0193 Poly has to be within a year and with DHS, and TS/SCI has to be current BG within 3 years but the agency will do some due diligence. Reciprocity usually is DHS to DHS agency, DOJ to DOJ agency, at times they will use other agencies but its very very rare.

• Anyone taking the FOA at the Seattle FO?

Comment

• kvasir
          kvasir commented
          Editing a comment
          NWcountry31 Just got back from it. Feel free to ask or DM me and I'll answer what I can without violating the NDA.

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          kvasir DM sent

• Hey y’all, for those of you who have completed your FOA and PT, we’re y’all confident/ told you’ll be referred? Or just told to wait it out?

Comment

• kvasir
          kvasir commented
          Editing a comment
          jaylo I was not told if I would be, I think its just a waiting game. Even though I feel like the panel and SAC interviews went well, and I maxed the PT test. In regards to the PT test, the only emphasis I really heard was to score at least "Good" in each category.
          Last edited by kvasir; 02-18-2022, 11:16 PM.

• Finished my FOA in Charlotte. Was told this was the longest/hardest part of the process, waiting. I was also told this pool of applicants was for a August class in Artesia.

Comment

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they give any idea on when conditional offers would be sent out?

• New posting.

Comment

• Is anyone else's dashboard not updating? Mine is still at the FAB stage and 27% but I completed the FOA & PT last week.

Comment

• Is anyone else's dashboard not updating? Mine is still at the FAB stage and 27% but I completed the FOA last week.

Comment

• smokeybear83
              smokeybear83 commented
              Editing a comment
              9% for me. The 2020 announcement used a different candidate portal that updated more frequently so I’m sure they’re working kinks out of the new system. Probably won’t see anything until the move to selection decisions/conditional offers.

• Charioce
              Charioce commented
              Editing a comment
              The cutoff for FOA nationwide is today brother so after everybody finishes testing then they will issue COE's after reviewing files. It will take a month or so to do this so don't worry for right now!

• smokeybear83
              smokeybear83 commented
              Editing a comment
              I figured it was about done but now with this new vacancy announcement saying we all have to reapply, makes me wonder. Re-applied, better safe than sorry!

• NCMatt
              NCMatt commented
              Editing a comment
              Smokeybear I'm in the same boat as you. I reapplied myself but hopefully that doesn't screw anything up.

• Quick question. This new announcement, unlike the announcement back in 2021, does not say anything about if a preliminary denial letter from an earlier announcement makes you ineligible to apply. Does this mean applicants who did get a preliminary denial letter can actually apply under this announcement?

Comment

• Grey De Leon
              Grey De Leon commented
              Editing a comment
              My mentality is to apply and let them reject you, that's HR's job. Toss your name in the hat and hurry up and wait.

• It looks like everyone has to reapply under the new FAM announcement:
            "ALL applicants who applied under any previous FAM announcement must reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration". FAB and Panel Interview will carry over.

I wonder why they are starting over again from scratch?

Comment

• kkb0193
              kkb0193 commented
              Editing a comment
              Very strange. I guess I'll re-apply first thing tomorrow morning. I already passed the FAB, FOA, and PTA. Thank you for posting this!

• Grey De Leon
              Grey De Leon commented
              Editing a comment
              For those with an FY21 FO no need to reapply.

• Strange how we need to reapply. This new application seemed a tad bit longer than the last couple.

Comment

• Just to clear up all the confusion.. if we applied for the JOA that was posted on 09/15/2021 then we still have to reapply to the JOA that was listed yesterday? All of us should still be at the FOA/Referred portion of the process on the 09/15/2021 listing.

Comment

• NCMatt
                NCMatt commented
                Editing a comment
                I did simply for the fact of the first sentence in caps and bold. I just hope it picks up where I am in the process. Which is waiting for a C/O.

• Charioce
                Charioce commented
                Editing a comment
                @Swift_Justice301

Thanks for the information, I was at a field office yesterday and they didn't mention anything about having to reapply to the current vacancy. There is a possibility that a lot of people will miss out on the opportunity because they either are not a member of this forum, or they have not checked the latest posting due to already having applied.

• Swift_Justice301
                Swift_Justice301 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I was thinking the same thing. I was just lucky to randomly check USAjobs for 1811 positions, then saw all the chatter on here. And NCMatt I agree with you. Hopefully the wait time remains the same and its not from scratch. I'm kinda liking that August timeline put out earlier.

Anyone know if current law enforcement start at a slightly higher pay grade?

• kvasir
                kvasir commented
                Editing a comment
                Seems shady to fly an announcement that overrides all previous announcements, when FOAs are literally being held at the same time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2263 users online. 136 members and 2127 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X