Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody just tell me what an 1811 is... been seeing through many post... just thought I finally get some clarification on it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman4lyfe View Post
      Can anybody just tell me what an 1811 is... been seeing through many post... just thought I finally get some clarification on it
      Is your Google broken?

"An 1811 is the federal criminal investigator classification series established by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM has defined this series to include positions that involve planning and conducting investigations relating to alleged or suspected violations of criminal laws."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just to clarify a FAM is not an 1811

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
          Is your Google broken?

"An 1811 is the federal criminal investigator classification series established by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM has defined this series to include positions that involve planning and conducting investigations relating to alleged or suspected violations of criminal laws."

Yeah guy it is... lol... just thought I get better an understanding from an actual person

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
            Just to clarify a FAM is not an 1811

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
            Thanks that was my next question

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
              The two advantages FAMS offers are world class training in pistol marksmanship / shooting skills, combined with significant opportunities to see some of the major cities of the world.
              The shooting was incredible, but even on overnight trips, I was never in the city longer than about 14hrs then your in the air again. I think too many people think the FAMS job is a vacation, meaning fly from NY to Paris then take a few days off to sightsee and then return. I'm glad I had the opportunity to do the job for 6 months, but it was hard to sit my butt still for hours at a time doing puzzles and playing games got old too. To the FAMS still in the air on the job, your a better person than I am

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                The shooting was incredible, but even on overnight trips, I was never in the city longer than about 14hrs then your in the air again. I think too many people think the FAMS job is a vacation, meaning fly from NY to Paris then take a few days off to sightsee and then return. I'm glad I had the opportunity to do the job for 6 months, but it was hard to sit my butt still for hours at a time doing puzzles and playing games got old too. To the FAMS still in the air on the job, your a better person than I am
                A great stepping stone gig to stop your clock. You get to see the world, plus the training is good. The job can get mind numbingly boring, but use it to get where you want to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                  Damn 6 months? Good for you.

Comment

• I did it back in 2010 when the FAMS were short handed and needed help, so they pulled from other Fed agencies to augment them. We got a week of training and then teamed up with full time FAMS. Like I said, neat experience for the 6 months I was assigned to them, but not a long term job for me.

Comment

• Does anyone know at what point of the process you actually do the fitness test

Comment

Dude you were an augmentee not a FAM, you really have no idea what we did. You have no business answering questions about life as a FAM.
                        If you read my few post, I merely commented on my own experience, and I made it quite clear I was only detailed over to the FAMS, not a full fledge FAM. I don't believe I posted anything that could be interrupted as "matter of fact that's how each of your days will be".

Comment

• I did not find divers posts confusing in the LEAST. It appears that MANY "professionals " on here scan read and don't READ what's posted. Then they start talking smack based on erroneous comprehension of the data.

Diver was explicit that he was NOT a FAM, nor was speaking as such. He mearly presented his, SHORT, time detailed to assist and how much he got out of it. Instead of THANKING him for saving your butts, you lambast him.

Way to stay classy, youngster.
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Cut the crap and stay within your own area of knowledge. If I confused by your posts an applicant would definitely be.
                            Relax brother, it's just a job, not life and death. Seems like you're a ride or die FAMS personnel. He knows information based on his experience. Just add to what he didn't include. That's all.
                            I worked with FAMS on a couple of operations and I can provide some details of what they do, just like him.

No need to bash the guy! Geez!!

Comment

Cut the crap and stay within your own area of knowledge. If I confused by your posts an applicant would definitely be.
                              Relax dude it's not that complicated of a job. If he did it for 6 months how much more could there be? It's not his fault you were confused.

Comment

• Any idea when or if they'll open this position up to civilians? Or did I just miss it? =/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6124 users online. 273 members and 5851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X