Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a voicemail yesterday to schedule field office assessment. Also my dashboard is at 9%.
    Last edited by jaylo; 12-31-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• smokeybear83
      smokeybear83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which field office? I’m still waiting to get scheduled by mine and my dashboard also says 9%. Sounds like they’re getting through previous applicants first before new people but the timeline seems a little slower than last year.

• Good luck to all who applied. I can say from first hand experience that some of the best tactical training in Federal LE is with the FAMS, unless you are in a specialized squad like SRT or SWAT.

Comment

• kvasir
      kvasir commented
      Editing a comment
      Certainly for anything aircraft related FAMS have the best "basic" tactical training. However, I would argue that ATF and USMS probably have some of the best urban CQB tactical training as they are routinely employing there own entry and arrest teams on operations.

• usmcvet
      usmcvet commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was in, my Field Office would rent a four-story building (no longer used commercially) every year for a month. And for a whole month, squads would rotate and do nothing but entries...because airports are just like any building. So, yeah, FAMs get the best aircraft tactical training but also CQB-type training in the Field Office. At least that was my experience. I'm sure it varies from Field Office to Field Office. Not saying FAMs are better at CQB than ATF or USMS, they're definitely not; however, just saying that FAMs routinely get that training too (in my experience).
      Last edited by usmcvet; 01-05-2022, 09:49 PM.

• Anyone applying out of south Florida Field office?

Comment

• I finally received my e-mail to move on to the field office assessment phase. Anyone know what the G band scale is, and do they start someone with a BS and 6+ yrs of LEO experience at GS9 equivalent at least?
      Last edited by lunatico86; 01-11-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        $43,639.00 to $67,612.00 should be the current G band according to the job announcement. That doesn't include locality and LEAP but still quite the range.

I got some feedback from current/prior FAMs and several said they were hired at the bottom of that band (regardless of experience) and some said they were brought in at the top end of the band (with several years of LEO experience). Most said there was no negotiation so I guess it just depends.
        Last edited by smokeybear83; 01-11-2022, 04:01 PM.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you .

• For those who havent received confirmation on passing the FAB check your emails. Just got mine today, going to schedule my field office visit. Any tips or suggestions for anyone that has done it already? Also i took my fab test around november time frame.

Comment

• I also just received the email to schedule the Field Office Assessment, I took the CBT at the beginning of December. Like previously stated, any tips or suggestions would be very helpful on what to expect.
        Last edited by steelman87; 01-11-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct, you have to get a physician’s signature saying you’re capable of doing physical activity before they will let you do the PTA.

For that portion I’d recommend running on a treadmill a few times just to get used to the feeling. Last year I had to run on that but I primarily run outdoors which is a different feeling. You typically lose a little bit of time on a treadmill but it varies.

• steelman87
          steelman87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• Just received the email I passed and to schedule the FO assessment.

Comment

• Also received my email to move forward, looking to schedule everything for the DC field office. Only question I have is, if we process there, is that the office we'll work at? I would rather go to Atlanta if that's the case. Anyone know?

Comment

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your field office assessment location does not determine your assigned field office from what I’ve been told, but last year they said the DC office typically has the most openings.

• Guess I'll join the club here. I was also invited to the field office assessment and PTA. Looking forward to it as I've always been interested in this job.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

passed the test and got the same email. Just looking for some advice. Currently recovering from a minor knee surgery and I can’t run just yet ( expected to in a month of two) will FAMS just schedule it for a later date, defer me, or ask me to reapply at a later date? If anyone has any insight I’d greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Following. Waiting on assessment out of Boston. I see some people say they're at 9% but I've been at 27% so idk what that all means. Anyway, good luck to all!

Comment

• dojgentlemen
                dojgentlemen commented
                Editing a comment
                Same boat as you. 27% and selected Boston. Good Luck, maybe I'll see you in BOS Field office.

• lunatico86
                lunatico86 commented
                Editing a comment
                When are you fellas going to Boston?

• rergang3
                rergang3 commented
                Editing a comment
                dojgentlemen lunatico86 failed the interview, so oh well haha. Fellow coworkers did too. Kinda weird, but on to the next!

• lunatico86
                lunatico86 commented
                Editing a comment
                What? Did they tell you that you failed? I'm sorry to read that. I withdrew from the process due to having accepted another offer elsewhere.

• My dashboard has been at 9%; however, I've completed the following:

Applied 2020 (failed 1.5 mile run)
              Reapplied 2021
              12/08 - FAB email - passed
              01/08 - FOA assessment appointment email
              01/13 - PT/SAC interview completed - passed

Good luck everyone! **get some run time on a treadmill for those who normally run outside… it’s quite different IMO.**

Comment

• MKTLinguist
                MKTLinguist commented
                Editing a comment
                Did they tell you that you failed because of the PTA? My understanding was always that it was more of a subjective event rather than a hard standard, since they don't quote a specific passing score.

• Donutsncoffee
                Donutsncoffee commented
                Editing a comment
                You’re right MKT. They don’t tell you if you pass or fail; however, the trainer who conducted my test basically said that I did poorly on the run which may have a negative impact on the selection process. I don’t recall if I got an email stating I was no longer being considered… it was just assumed.

• MKTLinguist
                MKTLinguist commented
                Editing a comment
                I see - well, happy to see that you passed everything the second time around. Best of luck on the rest of the process! I was just concerned because I'm not the best runner even though I've been trying to improve my 1.5 mile time. I'll just have to give it my all on test day.

• Donutsncoffee
                Donutsncoffee commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not a runner myself… just keep working at it and give it your all when you get in there! Now it’s… hurry up and wait for the next process… best of luck with your application as well. Stay positive!

• If the 1.5 mile run is on a treadmill, do they increase the incline to counter the mechanical advantage?

EDIT: Disregard. I found a post from a couple years ago that says the treadmill is set at 1%.
              Last edited by kvasir; 01-26-2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else get an email to schedule the FOA? I emailed them back with my FOA location but haven't heard anything back. Has anyone scheduled their FOA yet?

Comment

• kvasir
                  kvasir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I have my FOA in about a week. Maybe send another e-mail response reiterating your office selection. Also make sure the subject line is accurate, I'm guessing they use the subject to filter out the e-mails.

• smokeybear83
                  smokeybear83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will also depend on which office you selected, they seem to work on slightly different timelines.

• NCjoejoe
                  NCjoejoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also got mine scheduled. I think they called about two weeks after I emailed.

• Just got the call to schedule the FOA. Thanks for the responses. Let me know how you guys do. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• NCjoejoe
                  NCjoejoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where are you doing your FOA? I'm doing mine in Charlotte.

• jaymart
                  jaymart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NCjoejoe I’m scheduled for the FOA next week in Charlotte also! Did you do yours already?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2137 users online. 127 members and 2010 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X