Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just applied today, but I'm guessing that I missed the cut off point, but fingers crossed.

Comment

• Anyone have info for PT test

Comment

• It’s in the email.

Comment

• So I applied last go round I actually passed everything up to the physical test. Then outta nowhere my application was “stopped”. Did that happen to anyone else? And by the sounds of it because it’s within a year I don’t have to retake anything I just pick up where I left off? Does that sound accurate?

Comment

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83
            Forum Member
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            After the interview/PT did you get an email saying you passed and that hiring decisions would be made? That’s what happened with me, I just wasn’t selected to move forward after that point. It sounds like we will just pick up from that point but does that mean our PT scores carry over or do we take that test again? The wording only specified the written test and the interview, so I’m not 100%.

Either way, all 20 field offices are listed on the announcement and they extended the deadline to apply by 1 week so it should be a big hiring.

• MP08
            MP08
            Forum Member
            MP08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea that’s exactly what happened to me. I’m not against doing the PT portion again but it’s not all that clear if I have to.

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83
            Forum Member
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            It would make sense to redo it since it’s possible to become lazy since the last time, but who knows!

• Anyone Has the PT standards?

Comment

• Originally posted by lunatico86 View Post
          Anyone Has the PT standards?
          There really are no PT standards it’s pass or fail. It’s up to the administrator. I got a buddy who’s an air Marshall he said he’s seen people who run a 11-12 minute mile and a half and fail cuz they were doggin it. But a guy who ran a 17 min passed cuz he gave “maximum effort”

Comment

• To those who have gone through the process, when do they allow you to pick your duty location?

Comment

• HiFlyR
              HiFlyR
              Forum Member
              HiFlyR commented
              Editing a comment
              Usually they don’t let you pick. They’ll call you with a location they are offering you. You can take it, leave it, or ask to be considered for another location where you may not get called for.

• Has anyone heard anything back yet from the most recent announcement? Everything from the previous announcement is supposed to transfer over but I haven’t had it update in the candidate portal yet.

Comment

• smokeybear83
              smokeybear83
              Forum Member
              smokeybear83 commented
              Editing a comment
              I passed the written test and field office assessment last time but haven't heard anything yet for this announcement. I thought they got rid of the portal but just found a new one they are possibly using. It says my application was received but it says FAM-21-F002 instead of FAM-F22-F001 (which may ultimately mean the same announcement number) and that nothing more is needed at this time.
              smokeybear83
              Forum Member
              Last edited by smokeybear83; 11-02-2021, 10:59 PM.

• GrdnMot91
              GrdnMot91
              Forum Member
              GrdnMot91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would not be surprised if we don’t hear anything until December. It seems the response time is going to be longer than last year.

• MKTLinguist
              MKTLinguist
              Forum Member
              MKTLinguist commented
              Editing a comment
              Still haven't heard anything yet, but I hope to soon. This gig has always interested me

• Jdcsquared
              Jdcsquared
              Forum Member
              Jdcsquared commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess things are a little slower than last time. I was referred for selection in the previous announcement after the field office day, but ultimately was not selected. Hoping for another shot this time around!

• Everyone check your email, I just got invited to schedule the written test.

Comment

• Just received a email today for the written emails should be trickling.

Comment

• I just got the written email as well. I look forward to seeing you all in the FLETC Academy lol (winner mindset)

Comment

• Does anyone know if Federal Air Marshal's are allowed to carry their weapons off-duty? I know 1811's such as USSS, FBI, ATF, etc. are allowed to do so, but just wondering if FAM's would fall into this same category.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelman87 View Post
                    Does anyone know if Federal Air Marshal's are allowed to carry their weapons off-duty? I know 1811's such as USSS, FBI, ATF, etc. are allowed to do so, but just wondering if FAM's would fall into this same category.
                    Almost certain FAMS qualify under LEOSA. If I'm wrong someone please let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by steelman87 View Post
                    Does anyone know if Federal Air Marshal's are allowed to carry their weapons off-duty? I know 1811's such as USSS, FBI, ATF, etc. are allowed to do so, but just wondering if FAM's would fall into this same category.
                    FAMs should be able to carry off duty as Federal LEOs under the two below options:

Statutory Authority (credentials) - Off duty carry of their service weapon and/or any duty authorized POW. Better option with less restrictions as to places/travel.

LEOSA - Off duty carry POWs not covered above. Many restrictions depending on state and federal laws.
                    “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
                    DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Exbpa340
                      Exbpa340
                      West Coast DO
                      Exbpa340 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Basically correct.. to my understanding the law was more intended for local LEOs so that they wouldn’t have to worry about getting prosecuted in a different state/jurisdiction and for retirees.

You have to carry your credentials as a Fed LEO regardless of what authority you are carrying under and to be quite honest nobody would knowwhat you are carrying unless you have to deploy the FA. Then someone down stream could possibly figure out you were in violation. Example would be that I could fly with my Ruger LCP and the odds are extremely low that I would ever face any action but in theory could.

• steelman87
                      steelman87
                      Forum Member
                      steelman87 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Okay, I think I got it now. It is definitely some very interesting stuff, thank you, and I really appreciate your time and all of the information!

• Kraut0783
                      Kraut0783
                      Forum Member
                      Kraut0783 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LEOSA is a benefit for federal law enforcement when they retire, like local/state LEO...it provides a retirement license to carry, as long as the department provides retires credentials and firearm qualifications.

• Exbpa340
                      Exbpa340
                      West Coast DO
                      Exbpa340 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Correct as far as retirees but the qualification can be done by any number of individuals/agencies (not just the credential issuing agency). For federal Retired LEOs their former agency or any federal agency cannot qualify retirees under LEOSA.

In accordance with 18 U.S. Code § 926C “Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement officers”, section (d)(2)(B), the applicant must obtain “a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides or by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State that indicates that the individual has, not less than 1 year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the State or a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State to have met.”

• Is it safe to assume people that didn't get invited to the written test missed out?

Comment

• smokeybear83
                      smokeybear83
                      Forum Member
                      smokeybear83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For the previous announcement I received an email to schedule the FAB about a week or two after the first person reported getting their email. Some people even completed the test before my email came through.

I passed the FAB and Field Office Assessment for the previous announcement so I won't have to schedule either of those for this announcement, but haven't heard anything nor has my portal been updated past the application received stage from this application. Hurry up and wait...the unofficial motto of the government!
                      smokeybear83
                      Forum Member
                      Last edited by smokeybear83; 11-14-2021, 09:26 PM.

• DocHolidayFan
                      DocHolidayFan
                      Forum Member
                      DocHolidayFan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, i hear you. Ive been in the USSS process for 14 months now.....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3555 users online. 233 members and 3322 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X