Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was your friend with you for 365 days? Why should they believe them over you?

Comment

• A300!
      A300! commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have an answer for that. What I can tell you is that at the time, my memory was fuzzy about how many times I tried MJ and looking back, my last use was earlier than 2015. For what it is worth, I will add that I recently took a poly for an Intel position with the DEA and although I did not pass that one either, I openly discussed the Border Patrol poly which included the admissions and I was still able to take the test. I realize I might not succeed, but I am still going to try.

• Any update? Has anyone made it to the medical yet?

Comment

• Sent the equip on 04/09 and still waiting to hear back, what’s the next step?

Comment

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        Should be your polygraph unless you have an active one from another federal agency

• Has anyone received any insight on when to notify their current employer/supervisor ? From experience in past application processes they normally do not contact them until after the polygraph, but not sure how FAMS handles it.

Comment

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked when they called with the conditional offer and he couldn't say exactly when but it's very unlikely they'd do it before polygraph. He said he can put a note down and request it's the last thing they do but no guarantees.

• Anyone been scheduled for something after the EQIP yet? Polygraph? medical?

Comment

• Samspade1351
        Samspade1351 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just scheduled the polygraph today, the earliest date they had was for the middle of june.

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Samspade1351 interesting...east coast or west?

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Luck Samspade1351

8675309 commented
        Editing a comment
        commented)
        Last edited by 8675309; 07-09-2021, 10:11 PM.

• I chose the west coast office so there might be other dates for the east coast.

Comment

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got scheduled for second week in June as well, earliest date available. East coast.

• JordanB
        JordanB commented
        Editing a comment
        Goodluck NGPAPP

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        JordanB much appreciated

• Anybody else get any calls recently to take poly? Still waiting on mine, been about 2 weeks since submitted the eqip.

Comment

• Hi there everyone, anybody have any idea when the next announcement would be?

Comment

• Angelito719
          Angelito719 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately, no. I, personally, have not heard anything. I know this adds no value to your question but I just hate for it to go unanswered.

• JordanB
          JordanB commented
          Editing a comment
          October 2021

• Does anyone know what the dress code for the poly/medical is?

Comment

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          Says business casual for poly but didn't specify for medical.

Update: business casual for both
          Last edited by NGPAPP; 05-06-2021, 05:59 PM.

• Medical then Poly scheduled for August in Atl City. Hope you all are doing well. Best of luck to the ones that are still in the hunt for that final offer.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
          Grey De Leon commented
          Editing a comment
          ChestyPuller87 Same, wondering if they are still trying to have this class in Sept.

• Appdin
          Appdin commented
          Editing a comment
          Got scheduled for both the other day also. Think there will be multiple classes bc they said they were doing polys in september also.

• (commented)
        Last edited by 8675309; 07-09-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Appdin
          Appdin commented
          Editing a comment
          I think most of us have and we are just waiting on the polygraph now which is starting this month i believe

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          What other parts are you referring to? Did you receive a conditional offer yet?

8675309 commented
          Editing a comment
          (commented)
          Last edited by 8675309; 07-09-2021, 10:09 PM.

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          8675309 Oh I see by FO you meant final offer, I was thinking you meant field office. I think you're probably one of the first to pass everything.

• All of you guys realize that you’ll be looking for a new job in two years right? This is not a good agency, management stinks and the job itself is brutal (boring) and not good for the human body (constant flying).

Comment

• davidjbar
          davidjbar commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been in it for over 4 years now and still love it. This job is what you make of it. I enjoy the travel, the GBAs, and the training. Flying is only hard on the body of you let it. On the plane get up and stretch your legs as often as you can and don’t eat the food. Off the plane workout and don’t eat like an asshat. Yes, with the nature of this job you will have to work harder and be more consistent with exercise and good eating habits but absolutely doable.

There will be LOTS of annoying days with long flights, flight delays, cancellations and last minute mission assignments. But EVERYONE should come into this job expecting these things to happen. It’s just the nature of flying commercial airlines and the mission of FAMS. Everyday I go into work expecting something annoying to happen and make the best of it.

Having said all that I am also married with no kids and so I am able to enjoy and tolerate certain aspects of this job much more so than those with families. That is the one caveat I have to be a FAM. If you have kids you there will be plenty of times that you will hate this job because of missed events and time with family.

• Angelito719
          Angelito719 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks davidjbar for continuing to be a part of this forum and offering advice and mentorship. It's greatly appreciated.

• UCLA1998
          UCLA1998 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not that bad. Where else can you be paid $100k (I band), over $15k in tax free per diem, and earn tons of hotel points on the G? Many of us were able to get master degree while on the job. Some of my best friends in LE were on my squad.

• Anyone get positive or negative results from poly/medical yet?

Comment

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          2september so you didn't get any info on passing either, just a ready pool email?

• 2september
          2september commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing more than “everything looks good, I’m sure you’ll pass but quality control has to check it” but no formal email or anything like that. Did you get a ready pool email as well? If so when did you go do your med/poly?

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          Just did both last week, had supplemental forms I had to submit for medical and poly said he wasn't sure if it was passable so he'd have to have qc decide. No ready pool email for me. How long after completing poly and medical did you hear about ready pool?

• 2september
          2september commented
          Editing a comment
          Sending you a pm

• Got a verbal FO today! They said a written one should be coming shortly.

Comment

• The point is, it’s not even law enforcement. I used to work where I could read the daily incident reports (most were passengers urinating in vomit bags and that was the exciting stuff). FAMS and TSA are all smoke and mirrors. Not saying it to be rude but just first hand knowledge from working airports for 30 years…

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2527 users online. 182 members and 2345 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X