• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the call!!

Comment

• A300!
      A300! commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Hopefully this means that those of us who have also had a checkmark over selection decision since Monday will get a call either tomorrow or early next week.

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Leo179, Congratulations! What field office were you offered?

• Leo179
      Leo179 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicago FO

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Leo179, Thats AWESOME!! Was that one you were interested in? Congratulations again!! So, from what I can tell so far, its been pretty diverse. JordanB got New York, you got Chicago, invertedPanda got a CO as well but I'm not sure where they are going yet

• Former FAM.. Good luck to all of you receiving offers. I loved the job, made a ton of per diem, and created a lifetime of memories with squad members. I randomly think of experiences good and bad from missions abroad. It’s was a great time! Be safe and thank you all for serving!

Comment

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      UCLA1998, did you transition into an 1811 position?

• UCLA1998
      UCLA1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Back in 2013.

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      UCLA1998, wow! You you are a wealth of information in all regard. Do you mind if I send you a PM in regard to becoming a part of my LinkedIn professional/mentorship network?

• Good Morning Fellow Applicants! I just recently discovered this forum and have been following you guys' journey. I am a recently retired Air Force enlisted aviator with substantial intelligence experience and TS/SCI clearance with CI poly, last adjudicated in 2018. I've applied to USSS, FBI, AFOSI, NCIS, and FAMS. I'm really hoping for FAMS. My time line for FAM is as follows:

Applied: 28 Sep 20
    Met App Req: 12 Oct 20
    FAMS Assessment Battery: 16 Oct 20
    Field Office Selection: 16 Oct 20
    Field Assessment: 15 Dec 20
    Referred for Selection: 11 Mar 21
    Selection Decision: 19 Mar 21

I am still awaiting the next step in the process. I'm presently a Defense contractor and work in a classified building so I am unable to have my cell phone on me during the duty day. I am interested in where you guys with COs got offered so I can see if its a mix of what was offered in the job posting or are they heavy staffing a particular office.

Comment

• JordanB
      JordanB commented
      Editing a comment
      What FO did you get ?

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      JordanB, I haven't received a Conditional Offer call. I'm interested to see how Grey De Leon is doing since we were in the same situation with checkmarks over Selection Decision since last Friday

• Oliver102012
      Oliver102012 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my check over selection decision last Friday as well.

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oliver102012 thanks for that update. You, Grey De Leon and I are in the same boat. No CO but notified of a selection decision.

• Angelito- I was offered Seattle.

Comment

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting! That wasn't available on the initial job posting for which I applied. Great to see the diversity though and that the possibilities are endless. I'm still awaiting word. Had a checkmark over "Selection Decision" since last Friday.

• Angelito- The original announcement had Renton, WA, which is pretty much Seattle.

Comment

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, ok. Makes sense. Thank you for that.

• Just got the call for Seattle!

Comment

• Angelito719
      Angelito719 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!!! Are you in the process with any other agencies as well?

• Oliver102012
      Oliver102012 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!
      Did you put in for all locations? Or did you just pick a few?

• Wondering if anyone could provide some insight, received two emails today saying one I was still in the process then later that my application was “stopped” but my candidate dashboard says that my application is “still in process” any thoughts?
    Last edited by XC211; 03-26-2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• NGPAPP
      NGPAPP commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd reach out to the TSA Helpdesk for clarification

• smokeybear83
      smokeybear83 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got an email saying your application stopped? I just have the stopped symbol on my dashboard but I haven’t received any other contact. Like NGPAPP said, contact the help desk to verify.

• Yes I reached out to HR access yesterday about the status of my application and received an email from them to check my dashboard, got an email later stating that my application was “stopped” but have nothing on my candidate dashboard indicating that it’s stopped. Still have a star over “selection decision” @smokybear83

Comment

• Does anyone know if locality pay is applied to the salary while in the academy? Or is it applied once in the field Office after completion of the academy?

Comment

• UCLA1998
        UCLA1998 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you will receive locality for your field office while in the academy because you are basically on TDY status. We were also paid LEAP. This was in 2009, but most agencies pay you LEAP while you’re in the academy.

• USMC86
        USMC86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Does anyone know if you exited the government, would FAMS try to match your pay of when you were employed with the government?
        Last edited by USMC86; 03-28-2021, 08:05 PM.

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        USMC86 it's hard to tell, TSA changed policies a few years back about pay and they should realistically offer a salary close to what you're being paid if you have certain level of experience in the federal system. But it may not always be the case. The one good thing about TSA is that you can at least negotiate your salary to some degree when you get the final offer.

• davidjbar
        davidjbar commented
        Editing a comment
        I was at the academy four years ago and we didn’t get LEAP just COLA. One of the first things you’ll do when you get back to the field office is fill out the paperwork to get LEAP started.

• Anyone with a check mark over selection decision still waiting for a CO? Does a check mark over selection decision mean you are going to get an offer or just that a decision has made, good or bad?

Check mark over selection decision on 3/22

Comment

• Angelito719
        Angelito719 commented
        Editing a comment
        NGPAPP, Excellent question! I have had a checkmark since 19 March and have not received a call.

• Oliver102012
        Oliver102012 commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmark over selection decision since 3/19

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking at the posts from the last hiring in 2017, some guys didn't hear anything for 2-3 weeks it seems

• I still have a star over selection decision. Hopefully a check mark comes. I don’t know if they are finished with selections or not.

Comment

• Just got the call!

Comment

• Just got the call as well!

Comment

• Leo179
          Leo179 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations. I know you’ve been on the hunt for a minute.

• minority report
          minority report commented
          Editing a comment
          A300! Congrats on the call
          Did you get offered your choices ?

• A300!
          A300! commented
          Editing a comment
          minority report I just got one choice but it was a location I selected.

• Received the call today.

Comment

• Received the call just now. El Segundo Office

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3602 users online. 239 members and 3363 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X