Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gkov So, you have a check over referred for selection? You’re the first person I’ve seen referred on here.

Comment

• gkov
      gkov commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a star
      "This stage is marked with a (★) when the candidate has been referred for consideration and is awaiting a determination regarding selection."

• Ahh, well congrats. I guess I have been referred as well.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten past the star over "Referred for Selection" stage and have their selection decision?

I'm getting a little anxious. Gonna have to make a decision between agencies soon, trying to gauge a timeline

Comment

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        It makes total sense that HQ might be waiting until every office has submitted candidates. Some offices have already interviewed and some haven't started.

• mnrt175
        mnrt175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my field office visit almost a month ago and became "referred for selection" shortly after. I'm sure it will take at least another month to hear anything.

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        I was referred for selection on December 3rd. During my interview with the ASAC, he let me know that they be interviewing into February and offers would be going out shortly after. The candidates that make it through this announcement barring any unforeseen timeline changes should be heading to the academy this summer. That's the rough timeline I was given.

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Gary_De_Leon De Leon Perfect that's the kind of info I was looking for

• For those wondering about a timeline....I asked HR about this after my interview in the beginning of December. I was told that the selection panel tentatively convenes in the beginning of March, and academy dates are tentatively starting in September.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by Jdcsquared; 01-07-2021, 06:41 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity and removal of photo

Comment

• NGPAPP
        NGPAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, thanks for providing

• Appdin
        Appdin commented
        Editing a comment
        Great info thanks for sharing.

• I am now starting to make other sections of this blog aware of a resource for those who are looking at potential career broadening opportunities later on down the road (many officers make the switch to criminal investigations & make great 1811s due to their experience). The average starting age for 1811s usually hovers in the early 30s & for most, it is their second LEO job. Additionally, fed LEOs get to keep their retirement years, TSP contributions & often receive higher starting pay bands. I hope this is useful to everyone on this forum:

I run an online site that relates to all things "1811." It includes agency profiles, hiring advice, article links and videos pertaining to the Special Agent profession.

www.specialagents.org OR Type "Special Agents Blog" into Google

I currently have agency profiles for HSI, DEA, FBI, ATF, Secret Service, DSS, IRS CI, USPIS, NCIS and now OSI.

My goal is for this website to be a great resources for current, past and future special agents. Content suggestions (ie articles, links, books) are ALWAYS welcome as providing a central repository is the intended goal.

I wish the best to my fellow & future law enforcement officers; be proud of your service.
      Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Comment

• Hello Everyone, from reading this forum it looks like it is a pretty solid bet that the PT test is done on a treadmill.

Curious if everyone was on a traditional treadmill, and this may be an odd question but do any of you remember the brand? My experiences with treadmills vary. My assessment is this week. Fortunately I have been training outside and inside, just curious what to expect with the treadmill.

Comment

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure what qualifies as a traditional treadmill, but I would describe it as a normal one that you would see in a gym. I don't recall the brand but I don't think you can rely on all the field offices having the same brand treadmill. Mine was done in the field office gym, and there were all different brands of equipment.

I would say, if you get the time, try and do a couple runs on a treadmill to at least orient yourself. To me it feels much different then running outside, and it showed during my assessment.

• CUBroncs10
          CUBroncs10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dumb question but do they let you listen to music while you do the run? I've taken a few PT tests and some have.

• NGPAPP
          NGPAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          CUBroncs10 I didn't, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to. Can't hurt to ask.

• Did anyone have trouble getting the PT participation form signed? I’ve been to two sports clinics and they won’t sign it.

Comment

• nballstar
          nballstar commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to my primary doctor for an annual physical. I had to explain what it was and she signed it. I would just tell them it’s just saying you’re not going to die if you do push ups or sit ups. The doc just might not understand what it means.

• Jdcsquared
          Jdcsquared commented
          Editing a comment
          I had trouble getting mine signed as well. Primary doctor would not sign it because no matter how I tried to explain he was adamant that it was a pre-employment physical. I ended up having to pay out of pocket at an occupational health clinic because health insurance doesn’t cover occupational health.

• MP08
          MP08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I went to an urgent care the Doc didn’t really know what was needed. I just told her to give me a sports physical to say I was fit to do exercises and she went with it.

• Originally posted by CUBroncs10 View Post
        Dumb question but do they let you listen to music while you do the run? I've taken a few PT tests and some have.
        They did tell us we were allowed to use ear buds if we had them, one person in the group that was running used them and no big deal.

Comment

• Does anybody have any insight as to why the FAMS to HSI career transition opportunity was canceled? I would like to be able to post some explanation as to what happened.

-SA Blog
          Last edited by specialagentblog; 01-24-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• UCLA1998
            UCLA1998 commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard the cost of it all made HSI get cold feet.

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
          I heard the cost of it all made HSI get cold feet.
          The Air Marshal National Council have publicly announced they are advocating for the FAMS to become a sub-unit within HSI and are pointing to similar models (i.e. Canada). Obviously this gives HSI no benefit and was consequently opposed by most ICE stakeholders. The whole thing is quite puzzling.

-SA Blog

Comment

• UCLA1998
            UCLA1998 commented
            Editing a comment
            TSA won’t let that happen because the FAMS budget flows through them.

• I just checked my candidate dashboard and there is a star over 'Referred for Selection'. It's going to be a race to see which agency gets me through the hiring process faster.

Comment

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I've heard it will be sometime in March when decisions are made since interviews are going through February in some places.

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            smokeybear83, that sounds about the same as what I heard. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer. Good to all in the process!

• MP08
            MP08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chicago here I still have a star too. The Chicago office is still doing interviews into March.

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            MP08, hopefully the interviews will mostly be completed by the beginning of March.

• Hey y’all. I’m a 22 year old young woman I have my field assessment this week. Any tips or advice I’m very nervous

Comment

• Lwoods633
            Lwoods633 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was a FAM for 4 years. The interview back then was 3 steps all in the same day. You didn't proceed to the next unless you passed the one prior. First was a panel interview with some FAMs. Basic questions about you and how you would react to different situations. If you pass that then you immediately go take a pt test. If you pass that then you go to the SAC interview. Same thing. He asked me about myself and what my future looked like. Nothing hard. PT test was on a treadmill. Don't be nervous, they are all human just like you. It's a fun job but your gone alot. I worked out the the chicago field office. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
            Last edited by Lwoods633; 02-01-2021, 08:21 PM.

• IceCold06
            IceCold06 commented
            Editing a comment
            GoodLuck! Just do your best and go all out on the PT don’t worry you will do great!

• Did my assessment in Las Vegas, last week! Made it all the way to the PT i max everything but the run, the treadmill was a bit different from what and how i trained so if you didn’t take the PT yet try and run on the treadmill at least 2/3 times a week on a 2.5 incline even tho they set it to 1incline push yourself...so far it’s a just a waiting game to see what’s next but I’m sure everyone did good and i hope we all make it!

Comment

• NGPAPP
            NGPAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here... I crushed the first three events and was feeling like a stud but the treadmill whopped my a**. Much different then running outside

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            What FOs did you select when you applied? I was hopeful that Vegas was listed as an open spot but one of the FAMs there said that office hasn't hired a new person since 2002 lol

• MP08
            MP08 commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied to Chicago. Word is they have the most people retiring soon

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            MP08, same here. Chicago might be a nice place to move.

• I only was able to select one FO, and i picked Vegas where you able to select more?

Comment

• Forester87
            Forester87 commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied to most of the locations.

• MP08
            MP08 commented
            Editing a comment
            At the beginning of the application you could select as many offices as you wanted to be considered for. But for interview purposes you could only select one location.

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            I selected 5-6 FO locations for consideration, and then the FO closest to my location for the assessment/interviews.

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah at the beginning of the application when you selected locations you'd be willing to work. I picked a few and did Vegas for the Field Assessment.
            Last edited by smokeybear83; 02-09-2021, 11:32 AM.

• How long did it take for y'all to gets stars above referred for selection after the interviews and PT test?

Comment

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine took 1-2 days after the assessment was completed.

• Appdin
            Appdin commented
            Editing a comment
            Tomorrow will be a week since I had it and still have star over field assessment and passed everything.

Also, what is the date under the field assesment on the dashboard? Was it supposed to be updated to the actual date that the field office assesment was? Mine was the date I selected the field office (the date I took the written).

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Appdin The date below the Field Assessment will update to the date they change it to the green checkmark if you passed. Then the star above Referred for Selection appears with the same date.

I would assume the slow reaction is due to it being the government unless you flipped everybody off on the way out lol
            Last edited by smokeybear83; 02-10-2021, 04:25 PM.

• Appdin
            Appdin commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahhaha okay, also thank y'all for the replies.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4380 users online. 272 members and 4108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X