300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Angelcaro View Post
    I have a similar job to this one. I do international security for American Airlines. We travel to Cuba everyday and check the planes for any threats. I have bachelors degree in criminal justice I don’t know if that’s enough experience/education for this job...

Also how can I study for the battery test ? I been studying for te TEA for ATF I don’t know if they are similar
    I found a FAMS Assessment PDF but it's from 2009 and I'm not sure if the exam has changed since then. One thing I learned however is that these federal LEO exams all have similar formats usually including some logical reasoning questions, situational judgement, some sort of grammar comprehension and maybe a math section.

Comment

• DarthBetrayU
      DarthBetrayU commented
      Editing a comment
      Take it with a grain of salt. It's TSA and if I remember correctly there were more TSA related questions than LEO
      Last edited by DarthBetrayU; 10-09-2020, 11:50 AM.

• Got my invite to the FAB today.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you a vet? I’m guessing vets are getting looked at first. Just a guess.

• Saluki89
      Saluki89 commented
      Editing a comment
      No military experience. Just LEO with grad degree and aviation experience fwiw.

• ninjaba9
      ninjaba9 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you receive your invite? Email?

• Saluki89
      Saluki89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received two emails and the dashboard was updated

• Where r u taking the FAB? Locally?

Comment

• Saluki89
      Saluki89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Idk yet.......
      Last edited by Saluki89; 10-15-2020, 05:44 PM.

• I got invited to take the FAB today to as well

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you submit your app?

• Also got my invite to FAB, applied this recently 9/20. Taking the text in 1.5 week roughly. Good luck to all the other candidates.

Comment

• I checked the dashboard, I still have a star above application requirement. I’m still holding on to some hope lol.

congratulations to all continuing this process.
      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fwiw i submitted my app the day it opened or the day after iirc. They might just be going in the order they are received.

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume that's how they do it as well. I submitted my app on the 22nd but had to update some info a few days later which may have "reset" the submission timer on their end. When i applied in 2016 I met the requirements so it would make sense I'd qualify again with more experience

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat. Submitted on October 1st, made my last update to the application on October 3rd, the announcement closed October 4th. Still waiting on a FAB invite and I see the blue star on my dashboard.

• That is a possibility.
      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• I took the test and passed. Iv selected the field office location for interview but still waiting to schedule.

Comment

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did the guide from the email help? I'm taking mine in a few weeks.

• Andrewmp2020
          Andrewmp2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it Proctored or can you take it at home?

• Message Deleted

Comment

• Passed my FAB, I'd rank the test right next to the FBI test, and higher than the USMS one. Those are the only comparisons I've got to gauge from. Got my results and invite for Field Office Assessment almost immediately.

Also, word from a current FAM, told me that a lot of retirements coming down from current agents. Plus the HSI/ERO lateral picked up quite a few so looks like this is going to be a big hiring push. Still, a lot of chatter and push to have FAM back under ICE.

Comment

• Still haven’t heard anything. Probably really don’t need this job but I’m interested.

Comment

• Why is the training for FAMS only 36 days? Is there some other add-on training after FLETC, Artesia?

Comment

• smokeybear83
                smokeybear83 commented
                Editing a comment
                7 1/2 weeks in Artesia and 8 1/2 weeks at ACY

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, okay. That definitely makes more sense! Thanks!

• smokeybear83
                smokeybear83 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve heard the first half is basic stuff and the second half is all of the FAMS specifics, lots of shooting and scenarios. That’s all what I’ve heard anyway.

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just wondering why it was such a short stint at FLETC. My last training was 17 weeks, so 36 days without additional training elsewhere didn't make sense. I was guessing that FAMS was similar to other agencies that did partial training at FLETC.

Any idea if they allow new employees to skip the first half if they already have federal LE training?

• Originally posted by Grey De Leon View Post
              Passed my FAB, I'd rank the test right next to the FBI test, and higher than the USMS one. Those are the only comparisons I've got to gauge from. Got my results and invite for Field Office Assessment almost immediately.

Also, word from a current FAM, told me that a lot of retirements coming down from current agents. Plus the HSI/ERO lateral picked up quite a few so looks like this is going to be a big hiring push. Still, a lot of chatter and push to have FAM back under ICE.
              FAMS offered early retirement so some may have chosen that route but the information about HSI/ERO is highly unlikely. FAMS moving over to HSI/ERO was just announced a few months ago and this after a major hiring surge by ERO from a January 2020 and November 2019 announcements. My office picked up 7 going from 25 to 32 line officers. These officers are waiting months to attend the academy and all FAMS will have to attend the academy like a street hire. I have not heard of a single FAM coming onboard through this “program”. Down the road things may change but I just don’t see ERO hiring very many at least in the short term.
              “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
              DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Grey De Leon
                Grey De Leon commented
                Editing a comment
                Exbpa340 Got this directly from a current FAM they were offered a direct pipeline into HSI/ERO and some took it. But they'd have to go through the CITP training and they'd try and reflect their current pay scale but not seniority. The biggest hold up besides politics with a FAM to ICE is where the supervisors would go/rank. This is years down the line but there are changed coming in FAM, COVID having affected them more than other agencies.

• Exbpa340
                Exbpa340 commented
                Editing a comment
                I understand exactly what was announced but as of right now I have not seen a single individual hired through this program (ERO). Not to mention it was only announced about three months ago. So your “intel” of many using this program to come on board is highly unlikely at this point. ERO just went through a pretty big hiring push so current openings will be limited.

- Any FAM transferring to HSI will need to attend both CITP and HSISAT.
                - Any FAM transferring to ERO will need to attend the DO academy.
                - Any FAM Supervisor would come on board as a line Officer/Agent.

Any FAM coming on board would probably not be placed at the journeyman level because they do not have immigration experience/investigative experience. If they do possess that experience then at most they could be brought on at FPL.

• Grey De Leon
                Grey De Leon commented
                Editing a comment
                Exbpa340 Not sure about how the process works all I was told was that it was announced and a number of FAM took up the offer. Besides, that and the early retirement offers know that's why this hiring announcement came through.

It'll be interesting seeing what happens, least for now don't got a dog in this race.

• I got the FAB invite today, and the closest date to test in my area was just over 2 weeks away.
              US Army Veteran
              The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! I got mine today, too.

• Appdin
                Appdin commented
                Editing a comment
                When did yall submit yalls application?

• darkhorse6
                darkhorse6 commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied on 9/21

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                Just over three weeks ago.

• For those who got FAB invites, what day did you submit your application?

Comment

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                I submitted my application on 29 Sept.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5342 users online. 339 members and 5003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X