Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My current agency has also had a lot of guys go to FAMS over the years and then attempt to come back to my agency.... From what I hear is that the job sounds a lot cooler than it actually is. You basically have no life, and its impossible if you have a family (and want to keep it)... But I guess you can get some pretty cool instagram pics?

Comment

• The book "Unsecure Skies" by a former FAM Clay Biles is very good and eye opening. It also gives alot of insight on how they operate. Very informative and good read. It is also on audible. ****edoff hits many if not all of his points in the book.

Comment

• ****edoff - any interesting/funny stories about you being pulled over and identifying as a FAM/not being believed to be a FAM? On the same lines, any stories about someone attempting to blow your cover before, during and/or after a flight?

How does TSA/security work for FAM's? Generally interested in learning about the behind the scenes aspect. Are calls placed in advanced? Do you show your creds? Thank you for your time

Comment

• Esco
          Esco commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll say this. No one tries to blow your cover. You’re just another traveler in an airport. No calls are placed. Get the job and you’ll do all of what you mention it’ll become second nature.

• Great OPSEC...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Good luck everyone. I have a very close friend who is a FAM and I am looking forward to the chance to join the team.

Comment

• pis*edoff is Intheaircop, it’s his new account. Stop posting specific info about the job, regardless of whether you think it’s SSI. We get it, you’re angry and disgruntled, but all of that info is unnecessary.

Anyway, this is a great job, many love it and make a career out of it.
            Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• DirtMirt07
              DirtMirt07 commented
              Editing a comment
              ANewFAM! Totally agree with your post above. Thank you for speaking up.

• I’ve gotten about 3 of the same email today asking me to create an account on the TSA dashboard (which I did weeks ago). Someone needs to stop hitting the wrong button lmao.

Comment

• jamesch20
              jamesch20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, same here.

• You obviously failed the OPSEC class. It’s a little bit here, a little bit there, and then you have an incident. I don’t care how old it is. You posted information that shouldn’t be out there.

Its a GOOD thing you are no longer employed...

Comment

• I was a FAM and the gig is a great gig to start off your federal career or hide for your last 5-7 years of your career. You will see the world, become Hilton or Marriott diamond members, become the best shot in the government, and earn $15k-$20k extra is tax free per diem.

Comment

• Esco
                Esco commented
                Editing a comment
                When I’m doing 1811 work on those long days, I’ll look above and see a Delta or SW bird and think I could be up there chillin watching a movie and getting paid.

• He did not say anything that wasnt already published in the book Unsecure Skies

Comment

• Guess he could have been a bit more general. Like others have said, it's a good gig, but know what your getting into....kinda like joining a PD and ****ed off that your on late night patrol for years before getting seniority to move to better days off, shifts, or go CID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Appdin View Post
                  He did not say anything that wasnt already published in the book Unsecure Skies
                  You guys REALLY don’t understand things, do you? I’m amazed how retarded that attitude is...

Comment

• Appdin
                    Appdin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I guess you REALLY dont understand he could have just read the book and spewed that information out on here.

• Like UCLA said, FAMS is a great gig. You’ll see the world and get paid, don’t be those guys who stay in their hotel room, go see the sights, check the museums, eat international foods, just be an adult, goto bed, and above all be on time. The training is excellent, if you leave the FAMS you’ll be a pistol expert/instructor at most other federal agencies. I don’t know what was posted by ****ed off, but bosses of all agencies read these boards so be careful.

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea how long it will be before we know whether or not we will be moving forward in the process? I have been checking the TSA dashboard and I still have the star over met application requirements. I know these things take time but I wonder if anyone has heard of any timelines.

Comment

• darkhorse6
                      darkhorse6 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There’s only one constant in federal hiring. Hurry up and wait. You almost want to forget you applied until you get the next email or you’ll go insane.

• smokeybear83
                      smokeybear83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When I applied in 2016 it was a little over 1 month between when I submitted the application to the checkmark for meeting the requirements. I think they sent the email about scheduling the assessment battery around that time as well.

• smokeybear83
                      smokeybear83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When I applied in 2016 it was a little over 1 month between when I submitted the application to the checkmark for meeting the requirements. I think they sent the email about scheduling the assessment battery around that time as well.

• I have a similar job to this one. I do international security for American Airlines. We travel to Cuba everyday and check the planes for any threats. I have bachelors degree in criminal justice I don’t know if that’s enough experience/education for this job...

Also how can I study for the battery test ? I been studying for te TEA for ATF I don’t know if they are similar
                    Last edited by Angelcaro; 10-08-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4717 users online. 318 members and 4399 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X