300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

The people who have already received the invitation must be from the fed only announcement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by GALAW View Post
      The people who have already received the invitation must be from the fed only announcement

Maybe because I have not gotten anything

Comment

• Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

I just got the email. I applied to the Fed announcement.

Comment

• No email here yet, civie non-fed announcement

Comment

• I received mine for the CBT.

Comment

• I applied for both announcements and got an email for both of them.

Comment

• Got an email to test.

Woo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                  Short version: After some serious reflection, I decided I couldn't pull the trigger to apply due to the field office location(s).

To those who applied, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck. Stay safe! Cheers.
                  Yeah I might be in the same boat. But I am going to test just to see what I get, and because testing and doing well or poorly doesn't hurt anyone else's chances if I withdraw (I wouldnt be selfish and test for a job i probably wont take if it hurt other's chances). but we shall see.

Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                  Do you have a better chance of being hired if you already have top secret clearance?

I've heard the clearance process can take a while so I'd assume people who already have clearance have a leg up.
                  No. Govt hiring is supposed to be merit based, so someone who is better qualified should be hired over someone who has more clearances/etc, since it is merit based. in theory.

Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
                  Is the FAB only offered in NY and NJ?

no i signed up for the closest place about 26 miles away. they are done at those businesses whose sole business is testing administration. I took the CBP OFO test at the same facility I will be taking this FAMS test.

Originally posted by GALAW View Post

fed here, cant comment on the other
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• I'm curious. I took a job with the BOP because one of the FAMs I met while working for the TSA said he loved the BOP and would like to go back. I'm currently in the Fed announcement and reading some of the past posts in this thread. Is this really a good idea? I mean, it's not like BOP experience means a lot to other agencies, but it seems like FAMs doesn't either. On another note, however, how long does it take from taking the CBT to the physical test? Gives me an idea on what kind of shape I need to be in to pass the physical.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                      Be able to do 12 dead hang pull ups, 60 sit ups, 60 push ups all pretty much back to back then run 1.5 miles in under 10:17 and you'll be fine on the PT test. To prepare for the academy, I personally recommend cross fit 3-4 times a week from now until you go.
                      I assume that's excellent in each category. Looks like I better start busting my ***.

Comment

• I reread the thread but didnt see any discussion about other jobs with FAMs. One thing about the Border Patrol is once you put your time in to get seniority, there are a ton of cool *** details. Horse patrol, ATVs, Boats, sector gigs like public affairs, dirt bikes, so on and so forth.

Are there positions like this with FAMs? Obviously not the same, but details or slots for K9, maybe more investigative work, etc?

Also, I don't see my ideal field office listed here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/federal-...field-offices/
                        Are transfers possible with seniority? To say Charlotte, NC FO? Is that a 5 or 15 year kind of thing.

Thanks

honor first

Comment

• My email notifications went into a spam folder for some reason. Checked the dashboard and I moved on the fed app but not yet on the civilian application.

Scheduled for two weeks out.

Comment

• I'll be doing mine tomorrow. Ill bring back some intel for you boys

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                              I'll be doing mine tomorrow. Ill bring back some intel for you boys
                              Well just finished, not much to really say about it in terms of intel for you all. Signed a NDC so couldn't get to specific if I wanted, but like I said, not much to say in terms of surprises.

I googled a few days and found a practice/sample FAMS Assessment Battery PDF and went through it.

It can be found here: https://hraccess-assessment.tsa.dhs....SPrepGuide.pdf

Test was exactly like the sample test PDF. No curve balls. I would say the logical reasoning part, the first part, is the only truly difficult part. There are examples in that PDF, but it is pretty standard run of the mill for 1811 kind of tests. "Mary Joey John Grace Jim and Susie are all stay at a hotel over the next month. Each person must stay for a week at at time. No more than 3 can be there at once. Jim and Mary must be together. Susie can not be at the hotel while Jim is there. On the third week, bo......."

that kind of crap. That is the only section where I pretty much used all my time, up until 30 seconds left on the count down. The other sections, grammar, reading order, video scenarios, etc (all demonstrated in that practice PDF above) were a breeze I felt like.

Oddly, no month to wait to get your test scores. By the time I turned my phone back on and sat down in my ride, I received a email saying I passed the test. Instructions to go into the TSA dashboard and schedule for the Field Office day. I am going to be genuinely mad if they don't eventually send an email with scores of my test just so I know how I did in each section.

Congratulations! You have passed the computer-based test component of the assessment process, the FAMS Assessment Battery, and are now eligible to participate in the next steps of the assessment process.

To continue in the process, you will need to report to a FAMS field office in order to complete the next steps of the assessment process: the panel interview, and, if applicable, a Physical Training Assessment (PTA), fingerprint collection, and an interview with the Supervisory Air Marshal in Charge (SAC) or their designee.

For those interested, here is the PDF on the PT test: https://hraccess-assessment.tsa.dhs....Assessment.pdf

I'm probably going to withdraw from the hiring process at this time. My nearest office is over an eight hour drive one way, so at least 3 days of leave I'd have to take from work, two nights of hotel costs, etc, all for a job that I am not even sure I would take if I was offered. But that being said, if there are any current FAMs that could PM me that would be great. I'd like to run some questions by you before I back out of the process, make sure that I am making a good choice, or with your answers, may stay in the process. I'll maintain OPSEC of course.

best of luck everyone

honor first

Comment

• Received invite to schedule assessment. Fed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9339 users online. 470 members and 8869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X