Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing you guys took the poly for another agency. I hear CBP's poly system is totally FUBAR.
    OUT!!

Comment

• Feel free to private message me and I'll answer any questions not related to Opsec. I'll let you know what we've been told about future announcements.

Comment

• Anyone heard anything new? Rumblings at any of the offices?

Comment

• bellyer
          bellyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta admit, seeing the FAMS thread at the top of the forum list due to an updated post had me hoping that a final offer call had gone out to someone or that there was movement in the process for those of us still in it asking for updated medical or something.

• I went to FLETC Artesia recently and the instructors we spoke to said that there were no FAM classes scheduled for the next two years. That could change, but as of right now, there’s nothing.

Comment

• That is definitely not what I want to read. Fingers crossed something changes quickly and they decide to open up the process again and get a class scheduled!

Comment

• Esco
            Esco commented
            Editing a comment
            It’ll be years if they ever hire again. They are getting smaller closing offices, etc.

• What happened to this position? I think it's literally been years since the last announcement.

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            TSA is going through a re-org, including the OLE/FAMS. Hiring overall is pretty limited to just screening operations and HQ spots. It will be interesting to see the changes coming.

• Any word when they we open up for applications?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            This is totally my incorrect opinion, but I don't even think this organization will exist in the next 15 years. The powers that be have no idea how to utilize this asset to it's full potential. There needs to be a serious brainstorming session regarding this agency.

• Kind of just saw this forum looking at other topics but I spoke with some FAMS working a detail in DC last week and they mentioned a huge amount of people retiring in near future so Im guessing they'll need a mass hiring initiative.

Comment

• Spoke with a recruiter this week. Expect an announcement to come out beginning of next year. As mentioned before there will a large number of air marshals set to retire, so they will be hiring for substantial vacancies.

Comment

• Edit: found email...

FAMS G Band hiring has been suspended for 2018. Your application and assessment results will be retained for two (2) years for future consideration should openings become available. Be advised that there is no guarantee that additional positions will become available.

If positions become available, you will be required to clear the background investigation portion of the process, have an updated drug screen, and provide updated medical information. This will require the completion of a new SF86 (eQip) and SF93 (medical update) to be submitted. If positions become available, you will receive additional directions and copies of the forms at that time.

I have been heard that the polygraph expires after two years as well and I don’t know if want to go through that again...
              ——-

original post...

I wonder if those like me that have been in the waiting pool for two years will still be eligible. From what I understood, my package expires this month. The gave us a year extension sometime around this point last year.
              Last edited by mxh; 05-08-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• I had a SAC tell me that hiring is pushed back to 2021...take it for what you will. I don't think anyone really knows for sure.

Comment

• 2019_Applicant
                  2019_Applicant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's nuts. I imagine they have to be losing staff more and more with no replacements in sight.

I talked to a current FAM who's been with them for over 15 years, he mentioned the TSA leadership is SNAFU and he expects a large organizational change to happen before any hiring takes place. Did not sound too hopeful.

• AgentNitro
                  AgentNitro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's no longer a significant focus on FAMS. We've successfully deterred acts of terrorism for almost the past 20 years. You won't see a hiring surge in this area if we continue to succeed with fewer and fewer marshals. The federal government is very reactive rather than proactive. Especially considering fiscal responsibility and cutting budgets, this is a no-brainer for the government.

• invertedPanda
                  invertedPanda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  750 a yer due to attrition is what I was told. Pretty crazy numbers because there is no way to hire enough to keep up.

When you consider that TSA is seeing their budgets are being cut, the IG report that half of FAMS budget is wasteful, congress wanting more K9's and more CT scanners at the checkpoints (expensive next gen xray machines), wanting TSA to do something about the low moral with TSO's (i.e. pay them more money) and the crazy amount of money being spent to train TSO's at FLETC (the main priority of money for TSA is going to go to the TSO work force) I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the FAMS go through some serious changes. It's hard to put numbers and statistics on potential threat thwarted, which is what congress needs to justify spending.

• AgentNitro
                  AgentNitro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congress doesn't have to show that the threat doesn't exist. History shows that it does. However, federal investigations into terrorism have been a primary interest and focus. Therefore, they can validate with some level of accuracy how likely we are to be the victims of an act of terrorism. If the risk isn't tremendous, they'll continue to downsize this agency.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8043 users online. 384 members and 7659 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X