Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see how they can say either way until a FY18 budget is passed.

Comment

• looks like they did though

Comment

• This is not good news at all. My one year of ready pool is up in May, so I probably won't have a shot if they really won't be doing any 2018 hiring. I wonder if they will change my ready Pool eligibility to two years, instead of one, since it looks like Speakezy was given two years...

Comment

• Well guys I just confirmed. Fams has indeed suspended all hiring for 2018. All in waiting pool will be converted to a two year waitlist. Was told they are optimistic about 19. Needless to say bummer. I was actually offered a spot last FY but asked to defer to next class. I guess I’m eating my lunch on this one. Lol.

Comment

• bellyer
            bellyer commented
            Editing a comment
            That is really unfortunate! I am glad to hear that we will all be converted to a 2-year waitlist though. I am already technically too old, but am leveraging my 2 years of prior 6c coverage to remain eligible. I guess I will have until February 2019 to be offered a job or I am out for good. Here's hoping that if they get funding for FY2019, they get calls out quick when the new FY starts.

• tpearce71
            tpearce71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where did you get your info from??

• Black Ops
            Black Ops commented
            Editing a comment
            Straight from FAMS HR, not the general TSA HR which don't seem to be up to speed. Feel free to PM me too

• HAHA, this is crazy...I literally just got off the phone with them, and they said that they had not heard this at all...She said they have had multiple people call and they don't know where this info is coming from...she even put me on hold to speak with a supervisor, and she said that they hadn't heard anything

Comment

• I have also confirmed this new information. I sent them an email a month or so ago and they replied within a day telling me my status and position in the waiting pool. I sent them a follow-up yesterday as a reply from that original email and they said "hiring has been suspended for 2018." Everyone's pre-employment expiration date is extended an additional year (mine now expires in May 2019). They advised the ready pool will continue to exist in case the hiring process is re-started. The email also said another email should be coming soon with more information related to this topic.

Comment

• My hope is there is some end of year budget money to squeeze in a class or two. I’ve seen it happen at my agency. But I also have a real concern they may not hire anyone

Comment

• I hope you all make it in! Seems like a roller coaster thus far.

Comment

• Well.... this sucks!!! Lol
                  Last edited by Worm050; 12-24-2017, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• Can someone please has the 2018budget signed

Comment

• tpearce71
                      tpearce71 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      wont matter...supposedly there is a hiring freeze for 2018

• Here's the email that I received, I was only waiting on a drug test! Good luck to those who are still with it!

This email is to advise you of important information related to your Federal Air Marshal (FAM) application with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). FAMS G Band hiring has been suspended for 2018. You have not completed the FAM assessment process and were on hold pending medical clearance. You had passed the medical evaluation but did not yet clear the drug screen portion. No further action will be taken on your application. The hiring process is closed.

If you are still interested in the position you will be required to apply to the next Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) for Federal Air Marshal SV-1801 G Band. We do not anticipate a new JOA until 2019.

If you have any questions regarding the content of this email, please contact the OHCAccess Helpdesk 1-877-872-7990, or TTY at 1-877-872-7992.

We appreciate your continued interest in employment with TSA.

Sincerely,

TSA HRAccess Shared Service Center

Comment

• invertedPanda
                      invertedPanda commented
                      Editing a comment
                      2019 is probably a best guess. I wouldn't get hopes up for it by any means if the 2019 budget is anything like this years proposed budget.

• RustyJames
                      RustyJames commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is the funniest thing I've read in a while.

• Any body waiting in the hiring pool will have to go through the background (new sf86/poly) and a new medical and drug screen....

Comment

• Where did you hear that we would have to go through the poly/background again?

Comment

• Gotcha8402
                        Gotcha8402 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The FAMS HR reply back to me. 2 year hiring pool limit but will have to go through the background process again. Confirmed hiring freeze for 2018.
                        Last edited by Gotcha8402; 01-14-2018, 08:47 PM.

• Black Ops
                        Black Ops commented
                        Editing a comment
                        All they are referring to is re submitting the e-quip with any updates , not re doing the poly.

• Correct. I just received this email myself. Doesn’t mention the poly anywhere. Just new sf86, reaffirm your eQip and have a background conducted along with a new physical. Either way... this is a joke. This agency needs to get their **** together.

Comment

• I received the same thing today. Here's hoping they open up early in FY2019!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11556 users online. 441 members and 11115 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X