Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when the $4T budget the house approved goes into affect???

Comment

• Gotcha8402
      Gotcha8402 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right about the time our backgrounds expire....

• Black Ops
      Black Ops commented
      Editing a comment
      correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the 4T budget approved was a blueprint and not an actual budget bill ?

• Gotcha8402
      Gotcha8402 commented
      Editing a comment
      Funds still have yet to be allocated but no that was the overall budget.

• after reading hundreds of pages does anyone have any idea when the next application period will be?
    8132-103.0% with residency-special military list
    7332-list #233
    fdny exam 2000-list number 60x
    scpd-95% list 15x
    mtapd-?
    nycdoc-7323-list #01

Comment

• tpearce71
      tpearce71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would imagine maybe at the end of 2018 into 2019. There are a bunch of people in the waiting pool that are waiting to get picked up this year that applied about a year ago. We have conditional offers but are still not guaranteed a position. We have 12 months since our conditional offer to get picked up.

• Has anyone on here get a final offer, and or a training date?

Comment

• bellyer
      bellyer commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed them the other day to ask if they know when more offers might go out for those of us in the Ready Pool. They said that they hope to have an answer to that come the end of the calendar year.

• Hello all,

I am new here but glad I found this forum. I too am in the ready pool for Houston. I emailed HR this week to ask when I should expect to know if I’m getting a final offer or not. They replied stating that I was 10th in line for Houston and that they were presently at max capacity there. Also, they said that I was available to other offices should one of them want me, which I assume is the same for all other applicants. Not sure if it’s true but I was told by someone else your spot in the ready pool is based on completion date, not a ranking. Which sucks because my nearest medical facility stretched my medical over three months before FAMS sent me to a private clinic and paid out of pocket to get it done. Done with background in June but didn’t finish my physical until 5 Sept. Got the waiting pool email 16 Sept. Anyways, that’s where I’m at and I don’t have much hope left of getting in. Still applying elsewhere. Good luck, all!
    Looking to get hired? Need advice? Post questions, experiences & job leads here

Comment

• bellyer
      bellyer commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. I did not know we could find out our place in line for our field office. Here's hoping I can get that information from them...

• Smallz77
      Smallz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope its not based off when we completed medical, I spoke to the HR/Medical coordinator for my office before heading off to europe and offered to cut my trip short to come back and get it done and he said it didnt matter and wouldnt have any impact...so I also didnt complete medical until September

• bellyer
      bellyer commented
      Editing a comment
      I contacted them a couple of days ago to ask where I am in line for my office. I am second in line for my office, so fingers crossed I'll get a call. They said that placement on the list is based on Background Clearance date. I know my medical was after the date they told me that the background clearance date was.

• High turnover rate for other 1811 gigs.

Comment

• bellyer wich field office did you apply to??

Comment

• bellyer
        bellyer commented
        Editing a comment
        The Windy City!

• Originally posted by Worm050 View Post
      Hello all,

I am new here but glad I found this forum. I too am in the ready pool for Houston. I emailed HR this week to ask when I should expect to know if I’m getting a final offer or not. They replied stating that I was 10th in line for Houston and that they were presently at max capacity there. Also, they said that I was available to other offices should one of them want me, which I assume is the same for all other applicants. Not sure if it’s true but I was told by someone else your spot in the ready pool is based on completion date, not a ranking. Which sucks because my nearest medical facility stretched my medical over three months before FAMS sent me to a private clinic and paid out of pocket to get it done. Done with background in June but didn’t finish my physical until 5 Sept. Got the waiting pool email 16 Sept. Anyways, that’s where I’m at and I don’t have much hope left of getting in. Still applying elsewhere. Good luck, all!
      Is the email address for HR the one on the candidate dashboard?

Comment

• bellyer
        bellyer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. It is the same. You can use the web form within the dashboard to contact them or just use the e-mail address.

• Hope we hear something soon...
      Last edited by tpearce71; 11-25-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Just emailed HR through the dashboard to check my status. If they respond, I'll let you all know. I'm in the waiting pool for the Atlanta office.

Comment

• Received my email back and was told I’m 3rd on the waiting list. Still no updates about classes though

Comment

• just found out I am 14th on the WFO list.
            Last edited by tpearce71; 11-25-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Smallz77
              Smallz77 commented
              Editing a comment
              How did you find out your number on the list? I'm also waiting on WFO, but at this point i'll likely go with another agency/be moving out of the area before they offer anything, if they even do..

• tpearce71
              tpearce71 commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to email the HRA help desk and ask. They will tell you they have no information regarding when they will hire again but they will tell you where you fall on the list.

• Smallz77
              Smallz77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks man, I just emailed them, I doubt my ranking is very good because I didnt finish medical until mid/late august....I was told it didnt matter when i finished it

• I'm # 1 on list for my office. #14 on the list for WFO may not be that bad considering they probably get the majority of hires along with NYFO. My concern at this point is everything is contigent if they receive the funds for hiring.

Comment

• mxh
              mxh commented
              Editing a comment
              Which office?

• Black Ops
              Black Ops commented
              Editing a comment
              south east office. I don't want to get to specific on these open forums.

• HR got back to me, I'm 11th at the ATL office...

Comment

• A lot is going to come down to Dec 9. That's when the current continuing resolution runs out and either another temporary resolution is passed which again would not fund any hiring, a full year budget is passed which would fund the hiring, or government shutdown. I'm worried of continued CRs passed which kick the budget can down the road. Longer that happens the longer the hiring wait.

Comment

• Been following this thread for a while, finally decided to register.
              I'm assuming I was placed in the waiting pool?

Received an email stating that all vacancies were filled for the 2017 job announcement. Was informed that I will be contacted for the next hiring announcement and I will need to undergo another drug test in order to proceed to the next step.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11248 users online. 407 members and 10841 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X