Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flying FAM admitted information that wasn't disclosed to FAMS while he was a FAM. That's why he failed the poly. If you fail a poly it's not disclosed unless you admit something.

Originally posted by BP3 View Post

Yes.

Several pages back there was a guy who was applying as a FAM and when they found out he failed another poly, he was removed from the process.

Other agencies may DQ you based on a failed poly, others might not care; each agency is different.

For the record, I wouldn't withdraw your application, you already took the poly, pulling the application doesn't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
      The flying FAM admitted information that wasn't disclosed to FAMS while he was a FAM. That's why he failed the poly. If you fail a poly it's not disclosed unless you admit something.

We might be discussing two different people. The one I'm referencing was about 70 pages back and was applying to the FAMs for the first time but his DQ with BP poly was an auto DQ for the FAM service.

Comment

• Just got the green check mark over my medical and drug test and received the "Applicant Ready Pool" e-mail because my office is currently full. I guess it's just a waiting game at this point!
        Last edited by bellyer; 07-10-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• tpearce71
          tpearce71 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long after your exam did you get a checkmark?

• bellyer
          bellyer commented
          Editing a comment
          It was close to a month since my medical exam and about a week and a half since my drug test.

• Congrats man! Yes the waiting lounge is packed, and my beverage is getting warm lol

Comment

• bellyer
          bellyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

No warm beverages here! Fully stocked beer fridge and three kegs on tap in my basement; I'm set for a while. Although, if I start running low on my supply before I get the call, I might start to worry a bit...

• I guess NYFO is still open since I haven't received my "Applicant Pool Ready" email? 5/22 was the last time my dashboard was updated with a check over medical. Anyone heard any news on future classes?

Comment

• Just got the call, Detroit FO. I'm looking to talk to a current FAM or anyone familiar with that office. Typical schedules, what to expect from that field office, etc.

Comment

• Esco
            Esco commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll have two days off every week, and you'll fly coast to coast and internationally. With Detroit's cost of living you'll be living like a champion when you reach I Band, really pretty much from jump.
            Last edited by Esco; 07-14-2017, 07:27 PM.

• bellyer
            bellyer commented
            Editing a comment
            Napman - How much time are they giving you between the call and your start date?

And, congratulations by the way!

• Napman
            Napman commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the call 7/14, EOD 9/5.

• Esco can you also comment on the New York FO..please?

Comment

• Esco
            Esco commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thing. Just way more expensive. You won't live like a king like in Detroit, but you'll be real comfy.

• Originally posted by Napman View Post
          Just got the call, Detroit FO. I'm looking to talk to a current FAM or anyone familiar with that office. Typical schedules, what to expect from that field office, etc.
          Your per diem will probably cover all your monthly expenses.

Comment

• Hey for any guys who filed a VA disability claim. Do you know where to get a copy of the VA compensation decision rating report? It's holding me up right now

Comment

• Originally posted by tpearce71 View Post
              Hey for any guys who filed a VA disability claim. Do you know where to get a copy of the VA compensation decision rating report? It's holding me up right now
              you can get one on eBenefits

Comment

• Anyone recently go through the academy? Looking for more info, recommendations on what to bring outside of their list and what not. Send me a PM if you could.

Comment

• RaidenBP
                  RaidenBP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bring a better tv, last time I was there the tvs were **** and tubed. Bring your car if they let you, it would be well worth it. FLETC food gets boring after a while.

• Good luck to all those still in the process .
                Last edited by EPWorld; 07-22-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• FlyWNC
                  FlyWNC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you get an official notice about the poly or still have a star and just going off of what the examiner told you?

• EPWorld
                  EPWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FlyWNC I finally received the letter in the mail yesterday .The reason had something totally different than what we spent 4 hours of interrogation on.

• FlyWNC
                  FlyWNC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How long after your poly did you get the letter? I'm expecting one myself, but haven't heard anything.

• EPWorld
                  EPWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It took about 4 weeks. Dashboard updated to " not qualified " before I received the letter .

Anyone recently go through the academy? Looking for more info, recommendations on what to bring outside of their list and what not. Send me a PM if you could.
                FAM Candidates in Artesia are not allowed to have a car.

Comment

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that agency policy? I know they didn't let us bring cars, but guys went and picked theirs up on weekends and I myself bought one while at FLETC

• davidjbar
                  davidjbar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes that is agency policy. Border Patrol are allowed and I think secret service but not FAMS

Anyone recently go through the academy? Looking for more info, recommendations on what to bring outside of their list and what not. Send me a PM if you could.
                1. Bring your own pair of black boots. Make sure they are comfortable. They will give you a pair, but you can bring your own. With the amount of time you are on your feet invest in something comfortable. You'll be walking/running/doing Defensive tactics in them.

2. Each room has it's own small TV in artesia. Didn't really watch a lot because there was always something to study or people to hang out with. No need to bring your own.

3. While Artesia is remote I wouldn't know why you'd want to take the time to bring a car unless you are from the NM, AZ, TX area. There's a Ford dealership that rents cars. Just make sure you reserve early (they only have like 4). Otherwise the closest is Roswell. Busses run to Wal-Mart a lot. You can bike or walk there if it's an emergency.

4. There's always weekend trips planned. In the fall take advantage of Artesia HS football. Go to Roswell for a day. If one group PTs Friday evening send the other group on a wal-mart run to get food/beer and stake claim to a pavilion. That's all you'll need.

5. Artesia food isn't that bad. They make fresh eggs to order every morning. Get in that line.

6. Artesia is easy compared to ACY. Not that it was a brutal training overall, but I think Artesia is more a bonding time for your class.

7. Once you get to ACY it's pretty standard. Go home and get your car. You'll be in a decent hotel, and after 8 weeks in Artesia you'll think Atlantic City is Las Vegas.

Comment

• bellyer
                  bellyer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Regarding the black boots, do they have to be completely black (think Bates Floaters) or are something like a pair of mid-heigh black Merrell hiking boots or something like that acceptable?

• DirtMirt07
                  DirtMirt07 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Once we are in ACY, are we allowed to go home on the weekends or are we required to stay and continue training during off hours?

I am asking bc I live close and would like to visit family if I am allowed to leave.

• HiFlyR
                  HiFlyR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Black boots just have to be above the ankle. Like a hiking or police boot. Everyone has a mix from 5.11, Danners, Merrill, Under Armour, etc. just make sure they come above the ankle, are solid black, and are comfortable/breathable. Keep them clean too. They don't have to be spit shined, but not covered in dirt either.

You can go home on weekends at ACY. Most people who live on the East Coast do. You can leave base on weekends in Artesia as well if you want to go explore the desert.

• Anyone from ATL get the call or ready pool e-mail?

Comment

• FlyWNC
                  FlyWNC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When did you take your poly?

• Esco
                  Esco commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Former FAM, I don't suspect Atlanta will be hiring but a small handful of the people that process there. Most will go to the east coast or west coast.

• mxh
                  mxh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got a call awhile back saying they were full and I could wait or withdraw. Got a readiness pool email a few weeks after that. Crossing my fingers when the new fiscal year starts.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5452 users online. 295 members and 5157 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X