300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
    From the way the email is written it would appear they are only hiring veterans...through the veterans recruitment appointment or VRA, government agencies can hire qualified veterans directly without actually posting a hiring announcement I believe...although I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Oh okay, well best of luck to you in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
      I received this email today

Dear xxxxxxx,

The Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) is now hiring and looking for veterans specifically. Join this exceptional team of law enforcement professionals working to secure the homeland. The critical role of a Federal Air Marshal (FAM) requires a workforce that reflects the diverse public we protect and serve. This with a military background are urged to consider a career with the FAMS, particularly females.

TSA will host a virtual career fair to connect you with recruiters responsible for filling FAM positions in New York and New Jersey to start, and we encourage you to attend if you feel this may be a career of interest to you.

Application Requirements:

*** Polygraph test-new requirement*for all FAM*applicants

*** Successfully pass a medical*evaluation

*** Participate in a physical fitness assessment

*** Must be 21 years of*age*at time of application

*** Must be under the*age*of 37 at the time of appointment (exception*applies)

Thank. but what site is it posted? I checked USAJOBS,Indeed and google searched it.

Comment

It is not on a website it was a personal email I received for a hiring event

Comment

They do not have to post all jobs on USA jobs especially for applicants with special hiring authority

Comment

Wow, that's great news for our Veterans. Anybody have any idea if there's any chance that a non-Veteran could apply? I wonder if they'll have a open process soon...I have a background in public safety but unfortunately am not a Veteran.

Stay safe guys.

Comment

I reached out to several of my FAMS friends, at least 4 of them hasn't heard a thing, they all said the agency wants to hire, but it's a budget thing that repeatedly push to the next year.

Comment

its not on usa jobs yet
                officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

There is a FAM opening in Arlington , VA if anyone wants to apply

Comment

meh there only looking for 1 guy, i stay away from those
                    Last edited by hexen220; 12-24-2015, 05:41 PM.
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Originally posted by squeakeer View Post
                      There is a FAM opening in Arlington , VA if anyone wants to apply
                      Really? Where can you find the vacancy announcement? I just looked on USA Jobs and didn't see it. Or is this a Vereran-only listing?

Thanks!

Comment

Veterans only email. But I am guessing that it will be open to all come January 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

But the Arlington Va posting is on usajobs right now and open to all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you referring to this?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/423902500

Is this one of those "security" positions or is this an actual FAM spot? Also curious, what makes you say January 6th? I sure hope so though!

Comment

It sounds like that Arlington, Virginia posting is some sort of analyst position to me? Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Comment

i doubt there only look for 1 air marshal throughout the whole country even if its a veterans only announcement

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11256 users online. 495 members and 10761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X