300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captwoosah View Post

Man, I wouldn't get too invested in this. Like you just read, there's a lot of horror stories and a lot of crushed dreams. Best you can do it just hope it all goes well.
    Does a ploy failure follow you to other agencies besides dhs?
    stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
      It can follow you to any job. There were three guys on this forum that failed a poly for a PD and we're told they didn't qualify because of it. It's a flawed system, but it is what it is

Comment

• Okay, so now, I'm freaking out a little. So, I was never asked in the process if I had ever failed a poly. I have failed a poly with a different agency or was at least told that I did not successfully complete the polygraph phase with that agency. After seeing the tale that MLHS told, even though I passed the poly and will be done with my medical this week, I am seriously having to consider pulling out of the process.

I totally understand being dropped from training for failure to complete training after you have passed all the pre-employment exams, whether you get hurt or can't pass the classroom portions, but to be dropped from training for not passing the poly after you have already been told you passed it has me seriously questioning things.

Is it possible that, even though I passed the poly here with FAMS, they could come back later on and pull me out of training because I did not successfully pass the poly phase with another agency, even though they never actually asked me if I had failed a poly before?

MLHS20092012 - Any chance that this is what happened with you? Did you possibly have a poly failure at a different agency that they didn't know about?
        Last edited by bellyer; 06-15-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• MLHS20092012
          MLHS20092012 commented
          Editing a comment
          The "gtfo slip" I got was specific about the agency polygraph. My main point is always utilize caution when making huge moves. My supervisor told me that he literally has never known of this happening to anyone else so I consider myself the one freak exception. I continue to seek answers but have not found any other than speculation. I contacted the Office of Soecial Council and there reply was essentially " unless this is a race religion or gender thing sorry brah" lol

• If there are any HR FAMS monitoring this board please pm me if you can help.

Comment

• For those of us that had to take the poly twice, I just received check marks above background and medical.

Comment

• CompShooter
            CompShooter commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you take the poly the first and second time?

• Has anybody received no update weeks after their poly? I'm confused.

Comment

• Fisherman11
            Fisherman11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, been 32 days for me now and still crickets

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
          Has anybody received no update weeks after their poly? I'm confused.
          Yep. There's t ons of us that have been waiting on FOs for 20+ days.

Comment

• If you didn't apply to a big field office we might be waiting awhile....

Check your emails and junk mail if you've been waiting awhile. Just got an mail... into the applicant pool I go.
            Last edited by Gotcha8402; 06-19-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Captwoosah
              Captwoosah commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied to Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, and Houston.

• RaidenBP
              RaidenBP commented
              Editing a comment
              captwoosah, have you been contacted for any of those yet?

• Captwoosah
              Captwoosah commented
              Editing a comment
              Was selected for Miami. Got the pool email yesterday.

• J_Map37
              J_Map37 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know for sure that Atlanta, Miami, Houston and Dallas are full. I can't say for any of the others.

• I got the readiness pool email yesterday. Let wait continue.

Comment

• RaidenBP
              RaidenBP commented
              Editing a comment
              what field office did you apply for?

• mxh
              mxh commented
              Editing a comment
              The Atlanta FO

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
            Yes.

Several pages back there was a guy who was applying as a FAM and when they found out he failed another poly, he was removed from the process.

Other agencies may DQ you based on a failed poly, others might not care; each agency is different.

For the record, I wouldn't withdraw your application, you already took the poly, pulling the application doesn't help.

Comment

• Just got the green check over medical/drug test. Only one left is final offer. I only applied to the Detroit FO. Anyone else same spot or know if there are an openings still there?

Comment

• RaidenBP
                RaidenBP commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm also Detroit FO, I have my poly and Medical next month. Keep us updated if they give you a final offer or if it fills up.

• Has anyone recently received a FINAL OFFER? Been waiting my final offer for 24 days now from the NY FO, and it's been silent just like a lot of people here. For those that have can you private message me please! GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!

Comment

• RaidenBP
                RaidenBP commented
                Editing a comment
                In my opinion they are probably waiting for more people to finish the process and offer them at once to fill a class.

• Anybody going to the WFO doing there Poly in mid July?

Comment

• FlyWNC
                FlyWNC commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. Going to AC for poly / medical on the same day and I applied you WFO.

• WFO has hired all they are going to hire for this fiscal year. They will begin filling positions again once the budget is approved by Congress in October. I don't know if this is the case for every field office, I only received info from WFO. I would imagine all are in the same boat though. All of your results are good for a year though, so now it is just a waiting game.

Comment

• Captwoosah
                Captwoosah commented
                Editing a comment
                The only office that still had openings as of last Tuesday was NYC and they only had two positions left. We're waiting on the budget approval and class failures.

• bellyer
                bellyer commented
                Editing a comment
                So Chicago is out of openings, too, then? Well, I guess I might just get my wish for waiting until September (at least) for a start date.

• Captwoosah
                Captwoosah commented
                Editing a comment
                You're in luck! Lol

• Well my date has changed on background but no change from the blue star

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10141 users online. 495 members and 9646 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X