Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do people get notified? I have my medical and poly next week.
    stay humble

    Comment


    • TeeWhy23
      TeeWhy23 commented
      Editing a comment
      For me...I got an email saying I passed the poly, and in that email it gave me directions to sign up for medical (took 3 business days to get email after taking poly). For medical they told me right there that I passed (took it in AC), and that I would have to wait 2-3 business days for the drug test results. So you wait for the green check for medical once drug is passed. I would recommend taking poly in AC because of the quick turn around time!

  • That's where I'm taking both. Hopefully I can join the ranks
    stay humble

    Comment


    • Hey Guys, quick question applying to a SA position wanting to know how many pages a federal resume CAN be ... usually in my corporate world experience its always been to keep things under one page but reading online and seeing different things, can I make my resume 2 pages (not fluff) ?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spacedragon View Post
        Hey Guys, quick question applying to a SA position wanting to know how many pages a federal resume CAN be ... usually in my corporate world experience its always been to keep things under one page but reading online and seeing different things, can I make my resume 2 pages (not fluff) ?
        Unless specified otherwise, I'd just put whatever experience is relevant to the job posting. Keep it clear and simple.

        Comment


        • Has anyone had to retake the poly? My first time I was told I passed by the Examiner and had to wait for a second opinion and received notice I had to retake the poly within 2-3 days after I took it the first time. I took the poly again and was told I passed by the Examiner and I have not heard a peep since. It has been about 4 weeks since I took my second one. Both examiners stated they did not see anything bad on my charts, but I have to wait for a second opinion.

          Has anyone passed the poly on the second try? If so how long did it take you to get notice? Was notice via phone or email?

          Comment


          • DirtMirt07
            DirtMirt07 commented
            Editing a comment
            My examiner told me that no news is good news, so if I didn't hear anything not to panic. If you haven't received a letter stating you failed, I wouldn't worry too much.

        • Originally posted by CompShooter View Post
          Has anyone had to retake the poly? My first time I was told I passed by the Examiner and had to wait for a second opinion and received notice I had to retake the poly within 2-3 days after I took it the first time. I took the poly again and was told I passed by the Examiner and I have not heard a peep since. It has been about 4 weeks since I took my second one. Both examiners stated they did not see anything bad on my charts, but I have to wait for a second opinion.

          Has anyone passed the poly on the second try? If so how long did it take you to get notice? Was notice via phone or email?
          Id call if it was me.

          Comment


          • PG123
            PG123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Call who exactly? I'm in the same boat as him. Help desk couldn't see anything other than the dashboard.

          • CompShooter
            CompShooter commented
            Editing a comment
            I called the HR Access help desk and all they said was they know as much as I do, since they can only see the dashboard.

        • Originally posted by CompShooter View Post
          Has anyone had to retake the poly? My first time I was told I passed by the Examiner and had to wait for a second opinion and received notice I had to retake the poly within 2-3 days after I took it the first time. I took the poly again and was told I passed by the Examiner and I have not heard a peep since. It has been about 4 weeks since I took my second one. Both examiners stated they did not see anything bad on my charts, but I have to wait for a second opinion.

          Has anyone passed the poly on the second try? If so how long did it take you to get notice? Was notice via phone or email?

          This exactly just happend to me... Keep us updated on what happens with you or send me a pm please. Stressing out myself.

          Comment


          • CompShooter
            CompShooter commented
            Editing a comment
            It sucks, I was in the "front of the pack" on this announcement and I would be at FLETC by now if I didn't have to retake it. I'll let you know when I hear something, just praying I don't get a letter in the mail.

          • maddycurls
            maddycurls commented
            Editing a comment
            Dashboard will update before you get any letters of failure. I had to retake a poly and got a final offer call. they're probably trying to catch up more people to the same step so they can figure out next academy date.

        • Are people still waiting for final offer calls?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DirtMirt07 View Post
            Are people still waiting for final offer calls?
            Lots of us. They started doing more final offers last week.

            Comment


            • DirtMirt07
              DirtMirt07 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope we start to hear more about final offers tomorrow and next week.

            • Captwoosah
              Captwoosah commented
              Editing a comment
              We can only hope.

          • Originally posted by maddycurls View Post
            Some classes got boots and other didn't and it really depended on funding at the time and what they had in stock. As far as gear to FLETC they give u work out clothes there u have to use at the gym. Nothing fancy but not terrible. Dri fit type shirts, very hot in New Mexico this time of the year. There's a Walmart you can take a free bus to so don't worry too much. You'll need a great pair of socks and bring spandex shorts that can go under your basketball shorts!

            There's internet available at fletc
            I've read about relaxed grooming standards on the job to help blend in but do they require paramilitary style grooming while in training? Will people be able to grow their hair out as long as they want or is there a tolerance? Do they have different standards for men and women still or has the new-age equality thing spilled over into grooming as well?

            Comment


            • davidjbar
              davidjbar commented
              Editing a comment
              Its not paramilitary. For the men you dont have to get a high and tight, skin tight taper or any of that nonsense. However it has to be neatly groomed, so nothing long over the ears or down the neckline or anything like that. You can have a neatly groomed mustache, no beards or goatees.

            • bellyer
              bellyer commented
              Editing a comment
              David - No beards? Say it ain't so! I will have a tough time giving up my neatly trimmed beard (obviously, I will shave it if I have to, but still). There were a bunch of guys at the field Office.I interviewed at with beards of all conditions. Is this a FLETC rule or FAMS?

            • davidjbar
              davidjbar commented
              Editing a comment
              I am talking about FLETC. At your field office you can do whatever, within reason of course. However, at FLETC and ACY no beards.

          • For those of you who got a second chance to take the poly again, how long did it take? And do they give people who failed another chance or just people that were close or something? I took my poly a month ago and was told I did not do well. No update on dashboard and no failed letter yet.

            Comment


            • Has anyone considered withdrawing their application before getting the negative results from a poly
              stay humble

              Comment


              • I used to follow this forum a lot until I was hired by the FAMS in July of 2016. I went to Artesia and graduated from FLETC. After graduating from FLETC I completed 4 weeks of the second academy until I was taken out of class for unknown reasons. I had to leave training and report to my field office the next day. After three weeks of setting around my field office being told “man nobody knows what’s going on” I was handed walking papers. The termination notice advised me that I had failed my polygraph. I explained to the person “I was called two days after taking my polygraph and congratulated on passing all steps, and my candidate dash board also reflects that I passed everything”. The person hearing this replied they did not know what to tell me and directed me to an email address to email. They then took the rest of my things and sent me packing. While crying (yes crying) in this person’s office I asked how I am being fired for failing a condition of pre employment which I have documentation that states I passed it…..again no response lol
                The email address I was given never responded, and I was never provided with any explanation about wtf happened. I know many of you mentioned doing a second polygraph during the pre-hiring phase I never did that I was just told I passed the first one. I was an employee for 4 months and was just shown the door for literally nothing that I did. I was a detective at a police department with literally everything going for me at that agency but the money the FAMS offered was too much to turn down. super bumped out to have reached the top of the mountain just to be knocked down. Gents please see my sad tale as a cautionary one. Make huge career decisions extremely carefully. I regret leaving my previous employer but that’s life. If anyone knows of anyone else that this has happened to or can give some firsthand advice please reach out. Good luck to all who are going through the process!

                Comment


                • hercmull
                  hercmull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're not the 1st person this has happened. too. I know of 2 people who went through a similar situation. They both lawyered up and 1 was allowed to retake the poly and the other was denied and fired. This actually occurred quite a bit in the early years post 9-11 when they had their mass hires. A good amount of folks "slipped through the cracks" early on only to be terminated when it was discovered they lied their apps, failed a psych, failed a poly, etc. I'm surprised to see it now though...I'm sorry you're going through this. It is always a good idea to try and take a leave of absence instead of flat out quitting your job if you're going from local govt/contractor to fed or vice versa. Best of luck to you.
                  Last edited by hercmull; 06-16-2017, 12:48 AM.

              • Originally posted by MLHS20092012 View Post
                I used to follow this forum a lot until I was hired by the FAMS in July of 2016. I went to Artesia and graduated from FLETC. After graduating from FLETC I completed 4 weeks of the second academy until I was taken out of class for unknown reasons. I had to leave training and report to my field office the next day. After three weeks of setting around my field office being told “man nobody knows what’s going on” I was handed walking papers. The termination notice advised me that I had failed my polygraph. I explained to the person “I was called two days after taking my polygraph and congratulated on passing all steps, and my candidate dash board also reflects that I passed everything”. The person hearing this replied they did not know what to tell me and directed me to an email address to email. They then took the rest of my things and sent me packing. While crying (yes crying) in this person’s office I asked how I am being fired for failing a condition of pre employment which I have documentation that states I passed it…..again no response lol
                The email address I was given never responded, and I was never provided with any explanation about wtf happened. I know many of you mentioned doing a second polygraph during the pre-hiring phase I never did that I was just told I passed the first one. I was an employee for 4 months and was just shown the door for literally nothing that I did. I was a detective at a police department with literally everything going for me at that agency but the money the FAMS offered was too much to turn down. super bumped out to have reached the top of the mountain just to be knocked down. Gents please see my sad tale as a cautionary one. Make huge career decisions extremely carefully. I regret leaving my previous employer but that’s life. If anyone knows of anyone else that this has happened to or can give some firsthand advice please reach out. Good luck to all who are going through the process!
                Geez man wtf sorry to hear that. I'm going to withdraw my application, i was told I didn't do good on the poly and I rather withdraw.
                stay humble

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                  Has anyone considered withdrawing their application before getting the negative results from a poly
                  Man, I wouldn't get too invested in this. Like you just read, there's a lot of horror stories and a lot of crushed dreams. Best you can do it just hope it all goes well.

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 8714 users online. 397 members and 8317 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X