300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rimfire View Post
    Another Poly failure. Protested it. Never heard a peep back. It's ridiculous. They said I lied about drug involvement. I've never used an illegal drug of any kind in my entire life. Local LEO for over a decade. Detective, task force officer, a resume of accomplishments.... doesn't mean squat to TSA. More mad that I wasted money and vacation days to fly to NJ.
    Same here. Never touched anything, but its hard for them to believe. I appealed a few weeks ago, with a lot of information and prior SF86s and dd214 showing good records and consistent through out, as well as a completed DEA Poly, USSS, and FBI...DEA! But I guess FAMs thinks they know more about drug involvement than the DEA.

Got my denial to the appeal yesterday. I get it though...there are thousands of applicants and so few jobs. Sucks though considering I did great in all the other portions of the hiring and was 100% confident in going to the poly. The other guys with me were ****ing wrecks...pit stains, paranoia all of it..

Funny thing though. If I would have lied and said "oh yea, Ive smoked weed a few times" I would have passed...no problem. Sure of it. Oh well good luck to the rest of you!

Comment

• Damn, that sucks. I got mine in 2 weeks, let's see how it goes.
      stay humble

Comment

• Good luck to everyone waiting. Just got my final offer

Comment

• DirtMirt07
          DirtMirt07 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations! Good to know offers are still going out!

• TeeWhy23
          TeeWhy23 commented
          Editing a comment
          What field office?

• Originally posted by DarthBetrayU View Post
        Good luck to everyone waiting. Just got my final offer
        Congrats!

Comment

• Applied in October. Finally a final offer today. Boston field office is filled, had to choose another field office FYI

Comment

• Originally posted by BigG123 View Post
            Applied in October. Finally a final offer today. Boston field office is filled, had to choose another field office FYI
            Where did you pick? NYC ?
            stay humble

Comment

• Ya I ended up choosing the closest possible location to my current home

Comment

• For you guys who received your offers today, how much notice did they give you until you start? 2 weeks, 4 weeks, less?

Comment

• I just signed my final offer. Good Luck to everyone still waiting.

Comment

• TeeWhy23
                  TeeWhy23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What field office?

• Originally posted by J_Map37 View Post
                I just signed my final offer. Good Luck to everyone still waiting.
                Congrats!

Comment

• NYC will be filled by the time I'm done with the poly and medical lol
                  stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                    NYC will be filled by the time I'm done with the poly and medical lol
                    NYFO will never be filled like they want it.

Comment

• SSG
                      SSG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've heard the same thing about the WFO...do you agree?

• Esco
                      Esco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ep. 100%. WFO is good because FAMS HQ, TSA HQ, and DHS HQ aren't far, they have a limited number of assignments and promotions, WFO is a good office just costs a lot to live in D.C. The WFO per diem, OT, night diff, etc will keep money in you're pocket and seeing the world

• Originally posted by Esco View Post

NYFO will never be filled like they want it.
                    Yep. 100%. WFO is good because FAMS HQ, TSA HQ, and DHS HQ aren't far, they have a limited number of assignments and promotions, WFO is a good office just costs a lot to live in D.C. The WFO per diem, OT, night diff, etc will keep money in you're pocket and seeing the world.

Comment

• CWill06
                      CWill06 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Esco, do you know how the Dallas FO is regarding OT, night diff, travel, etc?

• Esco
                      Esco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope. But assume you will be traveling coast to coast and overseas.

• Just received notification I passed my poly. Just waiting for paperwork from the VA now to finish the med section. Hopefully that doesn't take too long and I can get my final offer soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speakezy019 View Post
                      Just received notification I passed my poly. Just waiting for paperwork from the VA now to finish the med section. Hopefully that doesn't take too long and I can get my final offer soon.
                      Congrats. Now welcome to the wait club.

Comment

• DirtMirt07
                        DirtMirt07 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The wait...OH, THE WAIT!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7947 users online. 434 members and 7513 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X