X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirtMirt07 sent you a PM
    stay humble

Comment

• Looks like as of this morning, I've got the green checkmark over my poly/background phase! No word yet on the scheduling of my medical exam though, which is fine because I really need to draw the process out another 2-3 months, if at all possible.

Comment

• I doubt it will take that much longer
        stay humble

Comment

• bellyer
          bellyer commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm afraid of that, but I really would not be able to start until the end of the summer. I literally have one class left of my master's degree that I was going to take over the summer, plus have out of the country visitors coming who have already spent about $4,000 on just their flights to get here, plus have a non-refundable vacation booked, and have a sizable bonus (like literally close to a half year's starting FAM salary) coming to me from my current job that won't be paid until August 31st. I will really have to do all I can to delay a potential start date.

• anyone been successful in an appeal, particularly to the Poly? Sent it in like 3 weeks ago

Comment

• Fed2005
          Fed2005 commented
          Editing a comment
          How does the appeal process work? My dashboard still says in progress. Does yours say not qualified? Did they send you a letter?

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          They send you a letter saying not qualified. And the option to appeal it with directions imside

• Fed2005
          Fed2005 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I'll just wait for my letter. Let me know how the process goes for you. I know someone on here got a chance to take the poly again...

• bellyer very tough spot to be on but sounds or seems like you might have to pass up on this job if your number is called.
        stay humble

Comment

• Anyone who applied for the LAFO get a FOE? If not, who is waiting to get the call?

Comment

• Poly background and medical were all completed 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. No movement on dashboard, no poly failure notice in the mail... Nothing. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Havoc5811
              Havoc5811 commented
              Editing a comment
              Finished poly 4/21 and I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard anything at all and no change on dashboard. My poly seemed like it went well at least from what the examiner told me. I honestly think the process is slowing down because they may have pushed a few more than they needed and are getting full. So unless some of these guys start dropping out at school, we may have to wait for the next fiscal year and we will start up right where we left off. That's just my opinion though.

• For the folks who have been hired and have made the trip out to FLETC and AC in the past year or so, can any of you tell me what, if any, gear and/or attire you were responsible for bringing yourself or that you wish you had bought yourself, instead of using issued gear? One thing that I am curious about is footwear. I've heard that some boots might be issued to you, but I don't know if that is true or not. Is there anything else other than running shoes (a couple of pairs) and then clothes for outside of the regular training day that you would highly recommend buying/bringing oneself?

Also, is there internet (wired/wireless) in the housing units?

Comment

• Esco
              Esco commented
              Editing a comment
              Being a FAM will give you're bank account fulfillment, but that's a bout it. Most flyers want to move on after a few years. Just giving you the skinny.

• bellyer
              bellyer commented
              Editing a comment
              Esco - If I'm ready to move on after a few years, then so be it. I will take the 6c coverage that FAMS will provide me to stop the clock, so that I at least have the option to move elsewhere if/when the time comes. I'm already pushing the limit taking advantage of what little covered FLE experience I already had from what feels like 4 careers ago. Otherwise, I will gladly look at supervisory roles and/or Ground Based Assignments when I'm ready to stop flying.

• maddycurls
              maddycurls commented
              Editing a comment
              Some classes got boots and other didn't and it really depended on funding at the time and what they had in stock. As far as gear to FLETC they give u work out clothes there u have to use at the gym. Nothing fancy but not terrible. Dri fit type shirts, very hot in New Mexico this time of the year. There's a Walmart you can take a free bus to so don't worry too much. You'll need a great pair of socks and bring spandex shorts that can go under your basketball shorts!

There's internet available at fletc

• bellyer
              bellyer commented
              Editing a comment
              maddycurls - Regarding boots, what type are recommended/required? Are we talking black combat style boots or brown hiking boots or what? I went through FLETC Artesia with a different agency many years ago and that agency issues black Bates combat boots to us. Not the most comfortable boots out there, so if you have recommendations on the style that FAMs are expected to wear, please let me know and I'll gladly pick up some of my own.

• Get some good running shoes and insoles.

Comment

• Anyone know when they may be hiring again? Also do they post on USAJobs or is it like the DEA where you email a recruiter?

Comment

• Anyone recently receive a final offer call? I received my check over medical on Monday. My theory is...they won't call me until the next class gets closer to leave?! However I've seen people getting the call within 2-3 days after medical cleared, and some still waiting patiently. Those still waiting how long has it been since medical cleared?

Comment

• Fisherman11
                  Fisherman11 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Been 11 days for me since I got the green check over medical and still no call

• DarthBetrayU
                  DarthBetrayU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been waiting since May 8. Had to change my FO and even had training dates and now no communication with anyone and no offer

• I hope final offers are still going out. Haven't heard much these last few days.

Comment

• bellyer
                  bellyer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I hope offers are still going out, too. I'm headed to my medical in a couple weeks. Not that I mind a free physical, but I would hate for it to be nothing beyond that.

• DirtMirt07
                  DirtMirt07 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good luck with your medical! Hopefully, the ball will be rolling from there.

• Another Poly failure. Protested it. Never heard a peep back. It's ridiculous. They said I lied about drug involvement. I've never used an illegal drug of any kind in my entire life. Local LEO for over a decade. Detective, task force officer, a resume of accomplishments.... doesn't mean squat to TSA. More mad that I wasted money and vacation days to fly to NJ.
                There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Rimfire View Post
                  Another Poly failure. Protested it. Never heard a peep back. It's ridiculous. They said I lied about drug involvement. I've never used an illegal drug of any kind in my entire life. Local LEO for over a decade. Detective, task force officer, a resume of accomplishments.... doesn't mean squat to TSA. More mad that I wasted money and vacation days to fly to NJ.
                  It happens more often than you think for locals trying to get a federal gig. Most poly folks have no local cop experience and could care less about you're resume and truthfulness. Keep applying and it will eventually workout. Being a FAM is a cool job but in the Feds it's a Tier 2, 6C job. The better jobs are the 1811 style gigs.

Comment

• DirtMirt07
                    DirtMirt07 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Esco - You were a FAM that left for an 1811, right? I know a few people who are in 1811 & 1812 positions (working for USAOs across the country). They all complain about nepotism and difficulty moving up in their positions. Have you experienced similar issues?

I am starting to think that most people just want to get their foot in the door somewhere before they look to move around.

• Esco
                    Esco commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. That is correct. It just depends on the agency. FAMS is tough place to move up because there's only 1 supervisor for each team and those spots are super hard to get. Helps to have a higher up rooting for you. Same can be said for other agencies as well. It helps to make good cases, not be a hump, and people don't perceive you as lazy.

• Just received a call to schedule my poly yesterday. So if anyone else is still waiting I guess they are still making calls.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6502 users online. 284 members and 6218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X