• double post sorry
      stay humble

Comment

• Are the questions classified?

Comment

• cpusername
          cpusername commented
          Editing a comment
          I highly doubt the questions or anything is "classified" because you don't have to be a security clearance holder to enter the process - but the proper legal thing to do is make candidates/applicants sign disclosure agreements.

I'm going to take a wild guess because your post said "I never worked for the government" and they asked questions about selling secrets or sensitive information infractions?

• The examiner told me it was impossible for me to have done what the question asked based on the fact that I have never been a government employee. I said no, several rounds and I was sure and wasn't thinking about anything else. The machine said a was "lying". Pseudoscience bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed2005 View Post
          The examiner told me it was impossible for me to have done what the question asked based on the fact that I have never been a government employee. I said no, several rounds and I was sure and wasn't thinking about anything else. The machine said a was "lying". Pseudoscience bull****.
          Just got my letter, I'm going to appeal this thing, horrible to say the least, and it seems like it's up to whoever is looking at it that day. At least they give you a chance to dispute it. We will see I guess smh.

Comment

• It's been almost 3 weeks since I took the poly and did the medical, and I still haven't heard a word. I still have a star over my background and nothing over medical. I have a clean background, I'm a career LEO and the examiner told me off the record when the recording stopped after the poly that I had nothing to worry about. Medical was fine too. I'm wondering what's the hold up.

Comment

• Captwoosah
              Captwoosah commented
              Editing a comment
              Remember everyone's timelines are different. Also, while the tester for the poly may have thought things are fine, it's not ultimately up to him/her.

• Originally posted by chipperjones View Post

Just got my letter, I'm going to appeal this thing, horrible to say the least, and it seems like it's up to whoever is looking at it that day. At least they give you a chance to dispute it. We will see I guess smh.
            I don't think I'm going to appeal. I have a state Leo job that I like. I'm just going to keep it. The whole thing has really turned me off to the job. So many hoops and so much time and money to get DQ'd by a bs machine.

Comment

• Has anyone with a SFO COE made it through the process yet?

Comment

• rms0012
                rms0012 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have the same question, except for Chicago. Anybody all done?

• davidjbar
                davidjbar commented
                Editing a comment
                We have a few in our FLETC class that are Chicago Field Office.

• Question for those that have received a call for the poly...

Do they just give you a date and tell you to be there or is there some flexibility with it? My wife and I are planning a vacation for a week in June and I don't want to dump money on plane tickets only to have to cancel it and go to AC for a poly.

Comment

• RaidenBP
                RaidenBP commented
                Editing a comment
                I got the call for the Poly on friday and they gave me one date on july 13th.

• Originally posted by FlyWNC View Post
              Question for those that have received a call for the poly...

Do they just give you a date and tell you to be there or is there some flexibility with it? My wife and I are planning a vacation for a week in June and I don't want to dump money on plane tickets only to have to cancel it and go to AC for a poly.
              They gave me 2 weeks to choose from

Comment

• I just received notice to schedule my medical but still no word on poly. Anyone else in the same boat? Recently took a poly for CBPO, I'm assuming I will still have to schedule one. Any word if Detroit still has openings?

Comment

• J1DC
                  J1DC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The vacancy posting mentioned that they could, if they wanted, use the results of another DHS-issued poly taken within the past 3 years. Since their window is actually 6 months for their own poly, I would try and push to see if they can use your CBPO results if they were within 6 months.

• RaidenBP
                  RaidenBP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got the call for the poly on July 13th and no medical yet. Detroit field office as well. I'm prior BP and current CBPO but I haven't taken a polygraph for the feds yet.

• Has anyone appealed a poly decision and actually won and got another chance to re-take it?

I got DQ'd for the Chicago Field Office because of a failed Poly I did October 2015 for CBP. I never got the option to appeal the decision for the CBP poly. I didn't really love the job either so I thought it was nothing since I read online over 65% fail their poly anyway. I never thought it would come back and bite me in the *** for a job i would really want to do. I did get a chance to appeal the FAMS DQ decision. I'm still waiting for them to give me a chance to prove I'm not a criminal.

Since the Chicago Field Office has new hires training at the FLETC I'm guessing my chances are slim to none.
                Anyone on the same boat as me? Past or present.

Good luck to all of you that made it.
                Last edited by JCHI832017; 05-15-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Got my final offer but office that I selected is full, waiting till next fiscal year!

Comment

• rms0012
                    rms0012 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats man! Where did you apply for?

• mxh
                    mxh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same here.

• SVO1983
                    SVO1983 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What was your first choice

• Originally posted by MRSWE View Post
                  Got my final offer but office that I selected is full, waiting till next fiscal year!
                  Nice!
                  Sucks that you have to wait but you're in. Good Luck man.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRSWE View Post
                    Got my final offer but office that I selected is full, waiting till next fiscal year!
                    Which office did you select?

Three days shy of two months since I submitted my eQip and still haven't heard anything one way or another.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7435 users online. 399 members and 7036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X