300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post

You didn't get Houston when you got the COE call?
    i did. I am referring to the length of this process. Some people are already employed by FAMS, while others like me are still a month out from taking their poly

Comment

• Originally posted by 0311 Roughneck View Post

i did. I am referring to the length of this process. Some people are already employed by FAMS, while others like me are still a month out from taking their poly
      It's just the process man, some of us are lucky and some got to wait it out. So long as Polygraph goes smooth we'll most likely see you in Artesia.

Comment

• While we wait it's mostly administrative stuff and PT, we'll be leaving for the Academy here soon.
        Last edited by davidjbar; 05-03-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• For those that took the poly...did they tell you if you pass or fail at the end? Also how long does it take?

Comment

• SSG
            SSG commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not taken the FAM poly yet, but I did take one with another agency. During that interview, the examiner said that he wasn't allowed to tell me what his conclusion was. I would assume the policy will be similar here.

• DirtMirt07
            DirtMirt07 commented
            Editing a comment
            I took my poly this week. The examiner said the charts are sent to Quality for review and they have the ultimate decision. The examiner can only make a recommendation.

• Well, checked on my status today...nothing has changed except for up in the corner where it says "in process" it now says "not qualified". Last thing I did was the poly so it had to be that. NEVER touched a drug in my life and I bet that's what they are going to say it was.

I feel it would have been ok if I lied and said I have done something...being a minority and growing up where I did I'm sure it's hard to believe, hell I'm the only person anyone knows that has never done anything. Funny thing is I passed DEA poly, no problems...you know the federal agency charged with going after drug crimes. I hope there is an appeals process. I haven't gotten any official word yet.

Comment

• cpusername
            cpusername commented
            Editing a comment
            That is horrible. Were you unusually nervous or seemed to be controlling your breathing? I asked because this wasn't your first exam and it seems like bull **** on the TSA.

I've never taken a poly so I paid for a civilian one and the examiner said small nuances (like trying to control your breathing - a common meditating technique to help with anxiety) can null an exam.

• DirtMirt07
            DirtMirt07 commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks!!!! Were you given any feedback back during your exam (about breathing, moving, etc)? My examiner told me to maintain a steady flow, and as the other person commented, any deviation could have caused your results to be faulty.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            He said something about breathing at first, but then said he got a good read...clean background, current FED....disappointing felt so confident on it...ive passed 3 before, no issues.

• Originally posted by TeeWhy23 View Post
          For those that took the poly...did they tell you if you pass or fail at the end? Also how long does it take?
          I just took my poly and he told me straight up that I passed within acceptable levels. So it's probably up to the tester.
          Last edited by Captwoosah; 05-08-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Yea I got a Not Qualified as well because of a financial concern on my SF 86 which I disclosed. It was an issue that occurred due to a failed business when the economy went to the tank a number of years ago and I have taken the proper steps to correct it and had plenty of documentation, but they said I didn't "fully" mitigate the concern. Kind of annoyed but what can you do. The appeals process seems to be a nightmare, and I don't want to get blacklisted so I have some other agencies I am hoping to have better luck with and can always apply again. Best of luck everyone.

Comment

• Captwoosah
              Captwoosah commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that. You'd think that would be one of the more grey areas.

• bellyer
              bellyer commented
              Editing a comment
              Krene - Did they have you come out for a polygraph or did you get the Not Qualified before Poly/Medical?

• COE for the Chicago FO. My poly is coming up in a few weeks, I vaguely recall somebody asking. Is anybody else assigned to Chicago for their COE?

Comment

• ALBB
              ALBB commented
              Editing a comment
              My COE was for the Chicago field office but haven't received the call for the poly, don't know if they are waiting for my background to clear or what. Just sitting here waiting, patiently.

• Anyone know how they are getting "17 weeks of in resident training" ? Artesia is 36 days and Atlantic City is 8 weeks? Anyone know if they are back to back? Do they give the option to start with an interim clearance or wait until you receive your ts clearance?
            Last edited by MRSWE; 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRSWE View Post
              Anyone know how they are getting "17 weeks of in resident training" ? Artesia is 36 days and Atlantic City is 8 weeks? Anyone know if they are back to back? Do they give the option to start with an interim clearance or wait until you receive your ts clearance?
              They are back to back, you goto ACY directly after Artesia. They give you an interim clearance. I didnt interview with my background investigator until a Saturday afternoon in Artesia.

Comment

• Did anyone else "fail" the poly, and received a letter? How do you appeal, will this blacklist me for all fed jobs? The reason why I failed make no sense and the poly was wrong. I just can't imagine that something that is not admissible in court can be used to verify, especially since it got it wrong.

Comment

• I'm scheduled for my polygraph this week and am flying out on Spirit Airlines. Here I thought it would be good to save a couple hundred dollars on my flight, but now I am reading about some major problems with Spirit and cancelled flights due to issues between the pilots' association and the airline and I'm reading that Spirit has more cancellations than any other airline. Does anyone know if FAMS will reschedule you for a poly at a later date in the event of a cancelled flight? I would hate to lose my chance at FAMS over flight cancellations that are outside my control.

Comment

• Captwoosah
                    Captwoosah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd call the helpline or book for a different flight. It says on the email that failure to reschedule within 48 hours can disqualify you

• bellyer
                    bellyer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good advice, Captwoosah. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

• My medical and poly were last week in AC. My Spirit flight was fine on the way there (direct flight), but was a nightmare on the return trip (there were not direct flights that late out of AC Intl Airport to Atlanta, so I was flying to Orlando then to Atlanta. AC to Orlando was delayed and right before getting ready to board, my Orlando to Atlanta flight was cancelled.

They ended up booking me and other random folks on the first Delta flight the next morning to Atlanta. Which was comical because I then found that flight to be delayed 3 hours. I went to Delta and switched flights to the one that was one hour after the original, putting me back home hours before the other flight. Spirit also gave me: two $7.00 meal vouchers for the airport, hotel voucher (hotel was actually pretty good), and a flight voucher that expires in a couple months.

Comment

• Captwoosah
                    Captwoosah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just an FYI. You can request cash instead of vouchers, but you have to ask for it.

• Geez spirit Is a joke.
                  stay humble

Comment

• Captwoosah
                    Captwoosah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have to recommend Frontier over Spirit. I've flown them for years and never had issues.

• Just received an email saying that I passed the pre-background and polygraph. I took the poly last Thursday, so a quick answer from TSA! Scheduling my medical tonight. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear an answer!

Comment

• RaidenBP
                    RaidenBP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    what field office was your COE? I'm still waiting for a polygraph call.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7679 users online. 362 members and 7317 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X