300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    My friend, it seems as if you are giving too much credit to military government decision makers, once you get to a point, they have the same bureaucracy mucking up stuff. Look at how they are handling the LEOSA for their military and civvy LE, bureaucracy.
    I wasn't giving credit to the military (I am retired Military with active and guard time so I have seen its stupidly) what I am saying is a large percentage of people come into the Civilian Federal Government side with visions of grandor and are crushed when they see how deep the Bureacraci is on the civilian side. Just most civilians have a little more bargaining rights to a point.

As far as the LEOSA muck up is anyone really surprised? Other agencies went through issues when the first passed it for most agencies/LE over 10 years ago. But for the Military to be confused still 3 years later guess the right congresan hasn't been called.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbcota25 View Post
        Hahaha all of NJ is a **** hole... I meant the offices... Like are they decent offices to work out of

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
        Wow, could you be any more insulting about NJ? Seriously.

Born and raised here, it drives me up the wall when people talk s*** about NJ. Quit judging based on what you see on TV (because they are all New Yorkers, but its easier to make them out from NJ) and what you see when you land in Newark. You do realize there's more than the airport, right?

Yes, Newark is a good place to work. But what's it matter to you? New Jersey is a s*** hole, right?

You don't want to work here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
          This is incorrect, please try to not post information you do not know to be accurate. DSS is Federal law enforcement. They are allowed their firearm overseas, as is Secret Service in limited circumstances. FAMS is no exception.

You are correct, MOST countries you cannot carry. However, certain countries are so dangerous that the FAMS have agreements to allow carrying. I will not get in to details besides that. Like Bearcat said, it may be going away, but I was a FAM and haven't been out more than a year yet. It was still that way when I left. I know a few co-workers who went to certain places overseas and were allowed to keep their firearms.
          Still the same, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingguy View Post

Born and raised here, it drives me up the wall when people talk s*** about NJ. Quit judging based on what you see on TV (because they are all New Yorkers, but its easier to make them out from NJ) and what you see when you land in Newark. You do realize there's more than the airport, right?

Yes, Newark is a good place to work. But what's it matter to you? New Jersey is a s*** hole, right?

Well sorry I insulted you...

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
              ACTUALLY, even though I don't live there anymore, there are decent parts of NJ. 20-25 minutes south of EWR, is Clark, Cranford, Westfield, Garwood. All nice little quaint towns in my opinion (and I know there are others that I haven't mentioned).

In south Jersey there are areas that look like farm lands of way upstate New York.
              dated a girl who lived in morristown i think it was, south NJ. very pretty green all that. but still, their nice house, maybe a 220-240K house in NC (and probably a 180K in south texas) was worth like 440k. even rural NJ manages to have out of control housing markets

Originally posted by flyingguy View Post

kek

Originally posted by BP3 View Post
              That goes with anything. Something you want? Go for it. The worst thing that will happen is they say "no."

And if they do say no, then it's not mean to be.
              or the applicant isn't qualified
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Anyone know if the 2 field offices listed will be handling all the interviews and employment related steps? Or will other field offices help with processing? Just wondering if everyone is going to have to make multiple trips to NYC during the processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
                  Anyone know if the 2 field offices listed will be handling all the interviews and employment related steps? Or will other field offices help with processing? Just wondering if everyone is going to have to make multiple trips to NYC during the processing.

That's a great question

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                      Can anybody who has gone through the process give an idea of the average apply to hire wait is?
                      My uncle works in homeland security and says the best case scenario is a June class but it's needed within this year.

Comment

• Short version: After some serious reflection, I decided I couldn't pull the trigger to apply due to the field office location(s).

To those who applied, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck. Stay safe! Cheers.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Do you have a better chance of being hired if you already have top secret clearance?

I've heard the clearance process can take a while so I'd assume people who already have clearance have a leg up.
                            I cannot speak directly for this specific job but.....

At one point I held a TS/SCI Clearance and when I transferred from one to another agency (within the same department), they had to redo my Poly. It simply wouldn't transfer over (which I think it a waste of money).

It seems every agency wants to do it their own way. For instance I know with the USSS, if you are a new employee you WILL have a polygraph no matter what clearance you had in a previous job.

However, if your clearance is through the military....I'd say you might have a leg up but because of the military, not necessarily the clearance.

Hopefully that helped

Comment

• Anyone have an idea of the timeline for the hiring process? Or any updates?

Comment

Do you have a better chance of being hired if you already have top secret clearance?
                                Nope. DHS does their own clearences.....no matter if you have one or not.....and no matter what level you might have.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9680 users online. 357 members and 9323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X