X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpusername
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by BCRT17
    I submitted my E-QIP on March 27th. Emailed my POC yesterday about the status of my application and received a call to schedule my polygraph later that evening. I was informed that they are currently scheduling polygraphs for the first weeks of June in AC, Baltimore, and Herndon, VA. You can always email your POC with questions, but don't expect a quick reply, if any. Patience is key with any government applications.
    I submitted EQIP on March 21st, emailed the POC to confirm receipt of SF86 invite on March 15th, emailed reply-all (whole security section) on March 21st to inform submittal, called them two weeks ago, called them Friday April 14th, called and emailed them yesterday, and finally called TSA HR yesterday also (received no useful information). I have never heard from TSA Security section in the form of a call or email. They are in Virginia my COE is for NYC.

Comment

• DirtMirt07
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2017

I can confirm calls are still being made bc I just received a call to do medical the same day as my poly. TSA called from an 866 # I believe, the poly call came from DC , and the medical call came from the AC office. I hope others are able to do their medical and poly on the same day!

Comment

• mxh
        mxh commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you get these calls? I scheduled my poly a couple weeks ago for 05/05 in AC, but nothing about medical. Emailed the contact for equip and scheduler for the poly and only the poly scheduler replied. They said just to go ahead and book my travel as I'm coming from Atlanta. They didn't offer any info as far as when or if the medical scheduler would call.
    • 202LEO
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2017

Don't forget that this is the Federal government ladies and gents; a lot of moving parts in a massive machine. When my poly was scheduled for AC, I was told I'd be contacted shortly thereafter to schedule my medical. After no call, I submitted a contact request through the dashboard. The next day (and one week before the poly) I was called by the medical office to schedule the medical. I was able to schedule it for the morning after the poly. Incidentally, the same afternoon I received a call from the Help Desk regarding my contact request and was able to tell them it was resolved. The Poly and Medical, although in the same location if you do it in AC, are scheduled and managed separately. The woman who called me for the Medical was very polite and understanding about getting things done in one trip. She also inferred that they are doing multiple medicals and said they have a whole list to get through. There's no rhyme or reason why things go in certain orders to us, but within the mammoth size of DHS, or even TSA for that matter, I can understand how time frames are intentional and most likely centered around training. Good luck to everyone else out there!

Comment

• davidjbar
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by FlyWNC

Mind if I ask what your starting pay was?
        High end of the G band plus locality no LEAP til after the academy.

Comment

• SVO1983
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2017

I contacted the person in "charge" of the investigation and she gave ma vague answer saying she had too many applicants at hand. She said I was missing something and would email me but never did. She told me to try to log back in to eqip but that's not possible as we all know. So I think I'm going to miss the hiring window or whatever is next at this point since she has too many cases to follow up on
          stay humble

Comment

• cpusername
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SVO1983
            I contacted the person in "charge" of the investigation and she gave ma vague answer saying she had too many applicants at hand. She said I was missing something and would email me but never did. She told me to try to log back in to eqip but that's not possible as we all know. So I think I'm going to miss the hiring window or whatever is next at this point since she has too many cases to follow up on
            That really sucks. I'm sorry that is happening to you.

Comment

• echo cp
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2017

Here's something for discussion. All of us who received Conditiinal Offers had a caveat of "and if positions are available, you will be eligible to receive a final offer of employment."

I submitted my e-QIP March 9 and haven't received a poly call yet. I have been through a process for BP in 2007 and it took almost 1 1/2 years, however they were in the process of a massive hiring stint (1000s) that came into full force while I was graduating in Artesia. I know these things take a long time, except for a lucky few here . Ya'lls (I'm from Texas) whole process was faster than it took me to clear my periodic reinvestigation in 2012...so congrats to that! But I doubt FAMS is hiring 1000s.

My question is this...for those of us that aren't fortunate in the timing for poly call. Do you think those available positions may run out? TSA likely throws out more COs than available positions because naturally there is weeding out with the rest of the phases (background, medical, drug, etc). Anyway, I don't have all of my eggs in this basket, and I'm a patient guy. That being said, I'm pumped that I may get to join the ranks!

Anywho, was just thinking about it today...good luck to all of us! ...and keep PT'ing for the Academy like your life, and God forbid others', depends on it, because one day, it might!

echo cp

Comment

• JCHI832017
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by phillyman2010
                Just got a call to schedule my Poly. I called my security handler Tuesday because I submitted my e-qip in the middle of March. He mentioned that I should have been notified about my status within a week and couldn't understand why there was a hold up and figured I was "lost in the shuffle". Its possible that that call triggered the Poly call today or it may just be coincidence. Those who are still waiting try to call your contact and see if you can get a status report.

When you say handler, is it the person who initially emailed you about submitting your eQip?
                Last edited by JCHI832017; 04-19-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• SVO1983
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by JCHI832017

When you say handler, is it the person who initially emailed you about submitting your eQip?
                  Yes, that's the person.
                  stay humble

Comment

• JCHI832017
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2017

Yes, that's the person.
                    Thank You.

Comment

• cpusername
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2017

Yes, that's the person.
                      FYI - "Handler" is a horrible term to use. Be careful using it around the world or in an embassy setting.

Comment

• SVO1983
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by cpusername

FYI - "Handler" is a horrible term to use. Be careful using it around the world or in an embassy setting.
                        im not the first one nor will I be the last one to use it and yes I've been to a place or two in my life and I know we are not spooks

stay humble

Comment

• Macmatt112389
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2017

Spoke to my handler today, she sent my equip over and now it is under review not sure if this is good or bad

Comment

• cpusername
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Macmatt112389
                            Spoke to my handler today, she sent my equip over and now it is under review not sure if this is good or bad
                            Finally got a hold of my handler after a month of daily phone calls. He told me there are thousands of SF86s and he didn't even recognize me from my pestering emails/phone calls.

Comment

• chipperjones
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by cpusername

Finally got a hold of my handler after a month of daily phone calls. He told me there are thousands of SF86s and he didn't even recognize me from my pestering emails/phone calls.
                              damn, thousands? I didn't think that many people were interests in this job...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12118 users online. 76 members and 12042 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...