300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post

Well, if that is the case, I sure hope that they call me before I book my flight to Baltimore and hotel for my poly. I got set up for my poly yesterday but was told they couldn't tell me when I would hear about the medical.
    Are you paying out of pocket for the trip or is the FAM covering travel?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaden2781 View Post

Are you paying out of pocket for the trip or is the FAM covering travel?
      As far as I know, all expenses for the trip are to be covered by the applicant, so yes, I plan to be paying out of pocket. There was no mention of FAMS picking up the tab. Have you heard something to the contrary?

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post

As far as I know, all expenses for the trip are to be covered by the applicant, so yes, I plan to be paying out of pocket. There was no mention of FAMS picking up the tab. Have you heard something to the contrary?
        No I havent. I was debating on the trip, but was unsure on how the expenses played out. Looks like I will be doing everything local. No logic behind me flying from west to east if it's out of pocket. Let me know if you hear differently.

Comment

No I havent. I was debating on the trip, but was unsure on how the expenses played out. Looks like I will be doing everything local. No logic behind me flying from west to east if it's out of pocket. Let me know if you hear differently.
          Will do. I was told by the woman who called me to set up my poly that the only locations they will be delivering polygraphs anytime im the foreseeable future will be Baltimore and Atlantic City. I was really hoping I could get a poly done in the Midwest, but she said there would be no way they would be offering polys in the Midwest anytime in the next 6-12 months at least. So, I wouldn't count on them offering up a West coast location. I thought I saw a post about Houston being a poly location, too, but I may have misread that.

Comment

The only thing that might be done locally is the medical. I have to fly from CA to Atlantic City in May for the polygraph.

Comment

• ==========
              Last edited by TNDAD; 04-03-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• I just received the call to schedule my poly, May 4th. They told me that I should be receiving a call for the medical sometime soon. Key note they pointed out...The medical will only be in Atlantic City.

Comment

• Does anyone know how the pay works? You have your base salary + locality I understand that, but what about LEAP? I know some agencies require you to work X amount of hours per week over 40 in order to earn it, is that the case for FAMS? Are FAMS given additional pay for overtime, holiday/ night shifts or does LEAP include all of that? How are the hours calculated, is it from the time the plane leaves until it gets back or does the clock stop the moment it lands, even though you are away from home?

Comment

• Originally posted by MRSWE View Post
                    Does anyone know how the pay works? You have your base salary + locality I understand that, but what about LEAP? I know some agencies require you to work X amount of hours per week over 40 in order to earn it, is that the case for FAMS? Are FAMS given additional pay for overtime, holiday/ night shifts or does LEAP include all of that? How are the hours calculated, is it from the time the plane leaves until it gets back or does the clock stop the moment it lands, even though you are away from home?
                    Yes base, locality plus LEAP will be your total salary. You will have a chance to earn overtime, night diff, and Sunday pay as well. Don't worry about the specifics. It's good money. The per diem takes you over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeWhy23 View Post
                      I just received the call to schedule my poly, May 4th. They told me that I should be receiving a call for the medical sometime soon. Key note they pointed out...The medical will only be in Atlantic City.
                      They told me this as well when I scheduled my poly for 05/05. Hopefully I can knock out the medical same day.

Comment

• Anyone here still waiting on the "met application requirements" stage? I know that these hiring processes can take a long time but at the same time, it has been over 5 months and I still have that blue star. I am wondering how much longer they will take to give me a check or an NQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
                          Anyone here still waiting on the "met application requirements" stage? I know that these hiring processes can take a long time but at the same time, it has been over 5 months and I still have that blue star. I am wondering how much longer they will take to give me a check or an NQ.
                          All conditional offers have been sent out. HR determined you did not minimum requirements back when they reviewed applications (regardless of whether you are actually qualified). Look forward to the next vacancy and make sure your application materials and experiences are properly submitted.

Unfortunately, TSA will take months to update your dashboard if you were not selected to move on.

Comment

• Anybody submit their e-qip mid/late-March and still waiting for some sort of adjudication?

Comment

• Originally posted by phillyman2010 View Post
                              Anybody submit their e-qip mid/late-March and still waiting for some sort of adjudication?
                              Submitted it the 24th and just waiting now.
                              stay humble

Comment

• I don't hold my breath when it comes to gov hiring processes... my last process took 15 months (2007) from test to EOD. However, I will throw my timeline out there. Submitted e-qip on March 9, currently waiting for poly call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4985 users online. 272 members and 4713 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X